Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This is what I said in my own post a few days ago lol. This took a lot of research I'm sure, great job!!! But Not to mention that most reveal dates were at Tokyo game show. Who knows? Maybe he'll surprise us and announce the date there and then at d23 expo we'll get another playable trailer and a demo'

What happened to FFXV? If KH3 does release in Winter 2016 then when is FFXV coming out? This year? Next year? Gamescom really needs to come already i wanna know the release date 

Edited by sagman12PC

You can't compare the development cycle of PS2 and handheld games to a PS4 game

I actually figured someone would bring that up.  :tongue:

You're right. You really can't. And I had a hard time reconciling that with this theory. But...well, all of these games were made of different consoles, right? And yet they all follow the same general rule. Each one announced their release dates three-four months before the actual release date. It's not the development cycle itself I'm talking about, it's the promotion schedule. Nomura himself said they're getting ready for the full promotion of the game. Full promotion takes about a couple of months to a year, right? With all these main games, they waited until three months before the release date to announce when the game was coming out. So what I'm saying is, whenever the game's release date IS announced, there is a likely chance the game will out three months later. Like, say the release date is NOT announced November ( :wacko: ). If it's announced, say, January 2016, then I would think the release date they announce will fall somewhere in April.

...that's what I think, anyway. Just a theory.

I actually figured someone would bring that up.  :tongue:

You're right. You really can't. And I had a hard time reconciling that with this theory. But...well, all of these games were made of different consoles, right? And yet they all follow the same general rule. Each one announced their release dates three-four months before the actual release date. It's not the development cycle itself I'm talking about, it's the promotion schedule. Nomura himself said they're getting ready for the full promotion of the game. Full promotion takes about a couple of months to a year, right? With all these main games, they waited until three months before the release date to announce when the game was coming out. So what I'm saying is, whenever the game's release date IS announced, there is a likely chance the game will out three months later. Like, say the release date is NOT announced November ( :wacko: ). If it's announced, say, January 2016, then I would think the release date they announce will fall somewhere in April.

...that's what I think, anyway. Just a theory.

they follow the same rule because in terms of development they're still pretty similar. KH3 is being made with HD assets, development is more time consuming and expensive than the PS2 ever was

I believe a release window.(Say winter 2016) will be announced at D23 along with some new info and deleted scenes from the trailer.And then Kingdom hearts 3 will appear again with another big trailer at e3 2016 with a release date and more on the story.Again maybe sometime in winter or pretty early in 2017.(Unless they are trying to make it an even bigger game,have it in development longer, and have it release later.Even though I doubt that will happen because then square enix would get a reputation for having their games in development as long as they have.)

that's my theory.

Wait wait hold up, where did they ever officially reveal their release window?

I don't think they ever did. It is still TBA, regardless what the calender thing says and if it is right. That means, by your theory, they still need to go through the Release Window --> Release Date --> Released.

That means we got like 8 Months or something like that till the release window. And then around like 3 months till Release date reveal, and the release date around 3 - 4 months later.

So that is 14 - 15 months later. We getting an August and September 2016, or something idk I am just going off your theory unless I got the numbers confused.

Also from what I am seeing, KH3 is going to be a worldwide release seeing that the English translations are catching up and such. Or at least close enough. This will make it a little bit longer since everyone needs to have their localized versions out to go if they want a worldwide release.

Wait wait hold up, where did they ever officially reveal their release window?

I don't think they ever did. It is still TBA, regardless what the calender thing says and if it is right. That means, by your theory, they still need to go through the Release Window --> Release Date --> Released.

That means we got like 8 Months or something like that till the release window. And then around like 3 months till Release date reveal, and the release date around 3 - 4 months later.

So that is 14 - 15 months later. We getting an August and September 2016, or something idk I am just going off your theory unless I got the numbers confused.

Also from what I am seeing, KH3 is going to be a worldwide release seeing that the English translations are catching up and such. Or at least close enough. This will make it a little bit longer since everyone needs to have their localized versions out to go if they want a worldwide release.

I think he means that its been revealed that a release window was already confirmed but not announced to be the public yet.

I think this theory is very great but with a game such as KH3, it might take longer than all the other games. Nomura said its going to be huge with a ton of worlds, and the story is going to be the final clash with Xehanort. Even though they have a release window in mind, you also got to remember things can change. So I wouldn't assume the same will go for KH3 as for the other games.

I'd like to add, they're already announcing worlds. Square has a habit of announcing worlds the year preceding release, they did it with both KH2 and BBS, I can't remember the others that clearly but it given that they've announced the Tangled word and have already decided which world to announce next, it seems like we'll have a steady stream of world announcments just like for those two.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I think he means that its been revealed that a release window was already confirmed but not announced to be the public yet.

I think this theory is very great but with a game such as KH3, it might take longer than all the other games. Nomura said its going to be huge with a ton of worlds, and the story is going to be the final clash with Xehanort. Even though they have a release window in mind, you also got to remember things can change. So I wouldn't assume the same will go for KH3 as for the other games.

For KH3D he said they announced the release window in September 2011, saying "Spring 2016".

Then they announced the release date months later in December 2011, saying the actual release date for KH3D.

So they would need to announce the release window, not confirm they have one.

For KH3D he said they announced the release window in September 2011, saying "Spring 2016".

Then they announced the release date months later in December 2011, saying the actual release date for KH3D.

So they would need to announce the release window, not confirm they have one.

Hmm... I suppose. But why would they say Spring 2016? That's way too much.

EDIT: I just realized it says 2012 not 2016. :P

Edited by CrownedCyborgHDMaster

Just a question that any one can answer, do video games like KH (where it's made in japan) always have seperate release dates between Japan and U.S.? Or is it only this series?

Am I the only one who still thinks that winter 2016 is too long of a wait? I would love if at d23 Nomura surprised everyone and said Kingdom hearts is coming out this year in december. I would poop my pants and then eat a large meal and poop my pants again! Then I'd proceed to beat all the games again most likely. Sadly only on proud mode as i'm not elite enough to do it on critical. And bbs will be on normal since imo it is the hardest of all the games.

I'd like to add, they're already announcing worlds. Square has a habit of announcing worlds the year preceding release, they did it with both KH2 and BBS, I can't remember the others that clearly but it given that they've announced the Tangled word and have already decided which world to announce next, it seems like we'll have a steady stream of world announcments just like for those two.

Yeah, every world is slowly released to build up hype for the Kingdom Hearts game before it comes out.

I'm going to state that it is going to have a December 2016 release date? why? simple. Because that is when the release would be most profitable for Square and Disney.

What happened to FFXV? If KH3 does release in Winter 2016 then when is FFXV coming out? This year? Next year? Gamescom really needs to come already i wanna know the release date 

That is another reason why we are taking KH3 to a winter release. Assuming that the demo was been released.

So I guess it will be released in spring and mayby with the demo for KH3.

Edited by KH4Real

That is another reason why we are taking KH3 to a winter release. Assuming that the demo was been released.

So I guess it will be released in spring and mayby with the demo for KH3.

yeah, we NEED a demo for kingdom hearts 3 after all of these years. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we get a kingdom hearts 3 demo early next year. :)

Just a question that any one can answer, do video games like KH (where it's made in japan) always have seperate release dates between Japan and U.S.? Or is it only this series?

not really. FF15, a game being made by SE, is going to have a worldwide release date. Makes you wonder if kingdom hearts 3 is getting a worldwide release date as well. 

Edited by Kaito Daimon

not really. FF15, a game being made by SE, is going to have a worldwide release date. Makes you wonder if kingdom hearts 3 is getting a worldwide release date as well. 

With Disney Animation Studio's direct support and the fact that they are willing to give Final Fantasy 15 a worldwide release, it's inevitable. For KH3 not to get a worldwide release would be nothing but trouble for Square Enix. Nomura understands the demand that western fans have for the Kingdom Hearts series.

With Disney Animation Studio's direct support and the fact that they are willing to give Final Fantasy 15 a worldwide release, it's inevitable. For KH3 not to get a worldwide release would be nothing but trouble for Square Enix. Nomura understands the demand that western fans have for the Kingdom Hearts series.

I hope that's true. I've recently lost my taste for spoilers, so I'm itching to play Kingdom Hearts III. But if the Japanese get the game first, and there IS a wait for the US release, I'm FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE GAME, SPOILERS BE DARNED. So I'm really hoping for a worldwide release. That will take care of THAT problem. I'll get the game the day it comes out and play nonstop, so I won't be able to look for spoilers (And it could be possible...they have English voice acting, with the lip syncing? Why do they already have that???).

...Actually, thinking on it now, I still might...I JUST REALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO TERRA AND THE OTHERS, OKAY???!!! >.< :