Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

KHUX In Preparation for Unchained χ, what are the differences between factions?

As I understand it, you are able to choose between the factions of the foretellers. If someone wouldn't mind going through the differences between them and the perks of choosing them, I would very much appreciate it. I'm honestly not even sure if it makes a difference, but I would like to know just in case. 

Obviously, if the differences may involve spoilers, just mention that they change the story, but leave out the juicy details lol thank you!

Each faction has different strengths and weaknesses. Leopardus in the weekly union rankings rank first most of the time so they are one of the popular unions. Each faction has a different goal if I am going by the story, and there are different groups. I suggest going for a group you believe you fit in the most and are most interested in. There is not many differences in story mode wise, but each faction is different in unique factors.

The union you join is mainly an aesthetic choice on your part. If your friends are in one union, you should join that specific union if you want to party with them. There are rewards that you get based on which union you choose (the higher your union places each week, the better rewards you can receive in limited missions), but the rewards aren't exactly all that great (1 AP Up for beating 50 raid bosses in one week is the top reward). If you care about these rewards, don't join Anguis's union (their motif is the snake), since they place consistently in last place, at least in Chi.

Also, to emphasize the point Aru made, the Katakana for the thiing you're referring to is ユニオン(yunion), which is union, not faction.

The union you join is mainly an aesthetic choice on your part. If your friends are in one union, you should join that specific union if you want to party with them. There are rewards that you get based on which union you choose (the higher your union places each week, the better rewards you can receive in limited missions), but the rewards aren't exactly all that great (1 AP Up for beating 50 raid bosses in one week is the top reward). If you care about these rewards, don't join Anguis's union (their motif is the snake), since they place consistently in last place, at least in Chi.

Also, to emphasize the point Aru made, the Katakana for the thiing you're referring to is ユニオン(yunion), which is union, not faction.

Union and Faction are basically the same thing. :P

Y'all knew what I meant when I said faction. I haven't played the game yet so I didn't know there was a new name for it.  :P

Anyway, thank you for the input. I'll have to talk with some of my friends and see which UNIONS they are interested in.

Interviews have implied that the Foretellers themselves will be doing different things in upcoming story updates, but it's not clear what kind of things those will be.  It's a gamble.  For all we know, these could be minor things or they could be major things!  You could be signing up with a saint, or a jerk, or an outright bad guy!  It'll be a ~surprise~.

As far as I know, as somebody who hasn't really played the game beyond one time during the beta and pretty much just watches Everglow's playthrough, there is no significant difference between the Unions, stat wise. It's really just based on your preference (favorite animal, color, tastes, whatever) and whether or not you want to be in the same Union as your friends (might want to have a meeting with your buds before the release of Unchained X to compromise on a Union, since everybody has different tastes). Other than that, I really don't know much about anything else. It seems some people on this forum already know the game based advantages of each Union, and each Union supposedly harbors a different goal. However, they haven't really gone into any length about what each of those goals are yet, so at this point it would just be based off of guestimation. I guess the choice is really about what you're looking for. If you're looking to go with the most popular Union, then put up a poll of what people think is the most popular one and then decide based on the results. If you're looking to join the same Union as your friends who are going to play with you, then discuss with them about which Union you should all join. If you want to join a Union that you think you'll just like more, then figure out which one of them sounds/looks the most appealing.

There are other ways to make a choice too. For me, I think I'm going to go for the Unicornus Union for a few reasons. For one thing, it's mostly based off of this fan theory this one guy made about the Foretellers possibly being connected to currently existing characters in the series and their color pallets (Anguis - Aqua, Ursus - Terra, Unicornus - Riku, Vulpeus - Kairi, and Leopardos - Ventus) and how each of those character associations connects to the different sides of the war that Xehanort described: Those who fought to save the Light, those who fought to drown the worlds in Darkness, those who fought to reconcile the two, those who fought for power, and those who tried to stay out of the conflict only to be dragged in to the chaos. The way the guy described it, Anguis represented the Light, Leopardos represented the Dark (a bit of a stretch considering it's supposed to be related to Ventus, but his reasoning was that he WAS Xehanort's pupil and if the Sixth Apprentice is to be considered related to Xehanort, it is possible that he might have been the one to convince Leopardos to become the possible traitor amidst the Foretellers, fooling him into thinking that Darkness could save everyone. A huge stretch, but I'm looking past it for now.), Ursus represented the power seekers, Unicornus represented those who wanted to bring peace between Light and Dark, and Vulpeus represented those who never wished to fight. With that in mind, Unicornus sounds the most promising to me, as I do love me some Light and Dark back to back action, at least in terms of ideology in this case. Another reason is because I like the general look of the emblem, and the Foreteller for that Union looks pretty unique and interesting. And a third reason is because I am a Brony, so...unicorns...heck yeah.

But that's just me.

Hmm, these were very interesting replies to read!  I think that now I'm leaning towards Unicornis even more, and I might end up joining that faction!  And well, I bet it'll be interesting to see how each Union's different goals end up bringing about the Keyblade War! :D

Alt: Make 5 different accounts and join all 5 unions, haha.