Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I still think his dub voice is great. :/

I also enjoy Sean's Kaio-sama. Particularly his comedy bits.

Just... only his comedy bits. Barring the ones where he's not screaming his head off.

Something I forgot to mention --

Sean Schemmel also posted a Super clip on his Twitter feed:

(No link to the Twitter in this one, so go here: @SeanSchemmel)

Gish I can't wait to see how Gowasu, Zamasu, and Goku Black will sound in English. Funimation always do a superb job with the English voices for characters. So I really hope they give them voices that fits them. Especially Goku Black after hearing a few of the words he says in DB Xenoverse 2. They should either improve on Black's English voice or maybe find someone else to voice him.

They should either improve on Black's English voice or maybe find someone else to voice him.

I mean, there's always Sean's SSJ4 Goku voice.

It'd be put to better use than wasting it on the original character, I can tell you that much.

EDIT: (12/4/16)

Chapter 18 of DragonBall Super's manga is out.

EDIT: (12/7/16)

It's finally coming folks: DragonBall Super's dub is coming, and it's coming to Toonami starting January 7th, 2017.

On that same point, the show will premiere alongside DragonBall Kai: The Final Chapters (or DragonBall Z Kai in the west) i.e. the last half of the Kai anime series following the Majin Buu arc.

I mean, there's always Sean's SSJ4 Goku voice.

It'd be put to better use than wasting it on the original character, I can tell you that much.

EDIT: (12/4/16)

Chapter 18 of DragonBall Super's manga is out.

EDIT: (12/7/16)

It's finally coming folks: DragonBall Super's dub is coming, and it's coming to Toonami starting January 7th, 2017. 

On that same point, the show will premiere alongside DragonBall Kai: The Final Chapters (or DragonBall Z Kai in the west) i.e. the last half of the Kai anime series following the Majin Buu arc.

I'm way behind on Toonami's Kai, but I'll jump back in for Buu and Super. We told everyone this would happen, but I'm happy it's coming so soon!

I'm way behind on Toonami's Kai, but I'll jump back in for Buu and Super. We told everyone this would happen, but I'm happy it's coming so soon!

I'm surprised that the two are even airing together at all. That'd be a weird place for someone new to the series and who's only been watching the first part of Kai on Toonami to see.

First episode of Final Chapters: "It's been 7 years since the battle with Cell..."

First episode of Super: "Years and 69 episodes of fighting a pink demon blob later..." xD

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I'm surprised that the two are even airing together at all. That'd be a weird place for someone new to the series and who's only been watching the first part of Kai on Toonami to see.

First episode of Final Chapters: "It's been 7 years since the battle with Cell..."

First episode of Super: "Years and 69 episodes of fighting a pink demon blob later..." xD

Yeah, it's weird timing, but I won't complain. xD I've waited a while for both.

Another thing to note is that the DragonBall Super dub will specifically begin airing in Toonami in it's "first season" i.e. the first 26 episodes.

If you remember correctly, the first 26 episodes of Super cover the Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F" arcs... except that episode 26 isn't the finale of the RF arc, Episode 27 is, and starting Episode 28, of course, begins the Universe 6 arc and so on and so on.

So either someone screwed up and mean to say "first 27 episodes", or that's really how the show will be collected into its first season. It also brings up the question: how exactly will the whole airing structure of Super work? Like, will it only air in designated seasons and then take a break for another show to fill its slot until it comes back with another season? I mean, I assume that FUNimation is still working on the dub as it airs considering that this dub fits more in line with their new broadcast dub format rather than the normal process of waiting until a show ends, get the license, dub it then stream it and/or put it on DVD.

(WARNING: Spoilers involving show titles and etc. below)

Just to clarify something concerning the upcoming episodes of the show --

Episode 71 is the beginning of the new Hit arc, as we've come to know, but contrary to popular belief, it isn't officially confirmed that this is the "next big arc" that was stated to be talked about sometime this month directly from Akira Toriyama. According to some tweets from Herms on Twitter concerning Episode 71 and 72, the evidence suggests the possibility that this will most likely be a mini-arc in the same vein as the Potafeu arc a while back which will then transition into the next major arc of the series. Of course, all of this is speculation for the moment, but I figured I'd provide some clarity on that subject.

EDIT: (12/14/17)

(WARNING: Spoilers involving DBS episode content up into February 2017 below)

(All info comes from @Herms98)

Herms tweeted out a scan of a new image regarding DBS and said that, according to his translations, a brand new major arc for Super will start in February titled "Universal Survival Arc". There is no confirmation on whether or not this is related to Zen'o's tournament and the scheduled announcement for the next big arc in Super involving Akira Toriyama still hasn't happened yet.

Czrm7AEWQAQbxHr.jpg <-- EDIT: Updated the picture for better quality

The most notable thing to take away from this image would be that it features Android 17. For those of you who remember: after his original debut in the Android arc, his last major appearance was a sort-of cameo appearance near the end of the Majin Buu arc where he lent energy to Goku's Genki Dama.

And, in an interview with Akira Toriyama concocted for the DragonBall Full Color manga series (which you can read here), Toriyama himself confirmed that post-Android arc, 17 began living a normal life with a new family as a park ranger, lining up with his appearance in both the anime and manga (specifically more so with the anime as his original manga cameo was expanded into him stopping some supposed poachers with a shotgun in hand.)

Soon after: Herms translated some new provisional scans for new episode titles, specifically for episodes 73 and 74.

Czo4zD0UkAAmzku.jpg[/

Soon after, he did a follow-up Tweet outlining the supposed schedule of the show from now until February given the leaks:

CzpA7HIVEAA7ZJ1.jpg

So from all these information gathered, we can more confidently confirm that the upcoming "Hit" arc in Super will not only be short, but also only last two episodes as January 8th would most likely be the airdate for Episode 73, making Episode 72 the ultimate conclusion to the current mini-arc. And from then on, according to the titles, we'll have some more filler episodes as well as time to take off breaks for holidays ultimately leading up to the start of the new arc in February.

UPDATE:

Herms has found info for Episodes 71 and 72:

CzrsP6NUoAEyIFA.jpg

EDIT: (12/15/17)

Straight from Kanzenshuu, we have a synopsis of the next big arc of DragonBall Super. Read at your own risk.

EDIT: (12/16/17)

This year's Jump Festa event showed off some new DragonBall Super stuff:

First, a confirmation that the new arc will also come with a brand new opening animation.

Also (retweeted from @Herms98), we have this promo video for the arc featuring manga artwork drawn by Toyotaro and taken from the upcoming release of the manga's version of the arc that will begin after the manga concludes with the Future Trunks arc.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

(WARNING: Spoilers involving show titles and etc. below)

Just to clarify something concerning the upcoming episodes of the show --

Episode 71 is the beginning of the new Hit arc, as we've come to know, but contrary to popular belief, it isn't officially confirmed that this is the "next big arc" that was stated to be talked about sometime this month directly from Akira Toriyama. According to some tweets from Herms on Twitter concerning Episode 71 and 72, the evidence suggests the possibility that this will most likely be a mini-arc in the same vein as the Potafeu arc a while back which will then transition into the next major arc of the series. Of course, all of this is speculation for the moment, but I figured I'd provide some clarity on that subject.

EDIT: (12/14/17)

(WARNING: Spoilers involving DBS episode content up into February 2017 below)

(All info comes from @Herms98)

Herms tweeted out a scan of a new image regarding DBS and said that, according to his translations, a brand new major arc for Super will start in February titled "Universal Survival Arc". There is no confirmation on whether or not this is related to Zen'o's tournament and the scheduled announcement for the next big arc in Super involving Akira Toriyama still hasn't happened yet.

Czrm7AEWQAQbxHr.jpg <-- EDIT: Updated the picture for better quality

The most notable thing to take away from this image would be that it features Android 17. For those of you who remember: after his original debut in the Android arc, his last major appearance was a sort-of cameo appearance near the end of the Majin Buu arc where he lent energy to Goku's Genki Dama.

And, in an interview with Akira Toriyama concocted for the DragonBall Full Color manga series (which you can read here), Toriyama himself confirmed that post-Android arc, 17 began living a normal life with a new family as a park ranger, lining up with his appearance in both the anime and manga (specifically more so with the anime as his original manga cameo was expanded into him stopping some supposed poachers with a shotgun in hand.)

Soon after: Herms translated some new provisional scans for new episode titles, specifically for episodes 73 and 74.

Czo4zD0UkAAmzku.jpg[/

Soon after, he did a follow-up Tweet outlining the supposed schedule of the show from now until February given the leaks:

CzpA7HIVEAA7ZJ1.jpg

So from all these information gathered, we can more confidently confirm that the upcoming "Hit" arc in Super will not only be short, but also only last two episodes as January 8th would most likely be the airdate for Episode 73, making Episode 72 the ultimate conclusion to the current mini-arc. And from then on, according to the titles, we'll have some more filler episodes as well as time to take off breaks for holidays ultimately leading up to the start of the new arc in February.

UPDATE:

Herms has found info for Episodes 71 and 72:

CzrsP6NUoAEyIFA.jpg

EDIT: (12/15/17)

Straight from Kanzenshuu, we have a synopsis of the next big arc of DragonBall Super. Read at your own risk.

EDIT: (12/16/17)

This year's Jump Festa event showed off some new DragonBall Super stuff:

First, a confirmation that the new arc will also come with a brand new opening animation.

Also (retweeted from @Herms98), we have this promo video for the arc featuring manga artwork drawn by Toyotaro and taken from the upcoming release of the manga's version of the arc that will begin after the manga concludes with the Future Trunks arc.

Wait, so Whis' dad is the villain next arc? That seems to be what they're hintign at. First, Vados hiers Hit to off Goku, and now Whis' dad is the bad guy. To paraphrase Dean Winchester (in the interest of not getting modded)  "Angels are jerks"

Edited by Isamu Kuno

Wait, so Whis' dad is the villain next arc? That seems to be what they're hintign at. First, Vados hiers Hit to off Goku, and now Whis' dad is the bad guy. To paraphrase Dean Winchester (in the interest of not getting modded)  "Angels are jerks"

OMG FINALLY SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME IN THIS THREAD

Well... maybe? I dunno. This is still an idea that was originally conceived by Zen'o, so I would assume he has direct control over the proceedings and Daishinkan is just like a referee or something. We don't really know the full details of what role Daishinkan serves in the entire ordeal, obviously, so for now, I'd just assume neutrality. And we're also not sure about how Vados plays into the Hit arc, but for that we might find out later on tonight unless that's revealed next week.

It's cool to see that 17 is coming back.  I wonder how he will join the team and what he'll do.  It's kind of funny how there's such an uproar for Goten and Trunks not being part of the whole thing.

I'm going to miss the current opening, but I'm also looking forward to the new one.

Chapter 19 of the manga has been translated and I remind myself at how bad I am the Yamcha of keeping track of these updates. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find a Saibaiman to latch onto me...

EDIT: (1/6/16)

|| WARNING: Spoilers for future DBS episodes ahead. Read at your own risk and keep comments and conversations hidden. ||

@Herms98 has Tweeted out translations for new episodes of DragonBall Super starting from Episode 74 (premiering next week, not this week) up to Episode 77 i.e. the first episode of February, the same month that the Universal Survival arc will begin.

C1hsDHTUkAE5dSd.jpg

C1hsDFnVIAAAZzf.jpg

I'd say the first dub episode went pretty well.  Although I know it's someone else, it still kind of sounded like Laura Bailey as Trunks.

Look at that, Bra is coming.  There's just Uub now, but that probably won't happen for a while.  76 is looking very interesting.  I wonder who else will show up in it.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

I'd say the first dub episode went pretty well.  Although I know it's someone else, it still kind of sounded like Laura Bailey as Trunks.

Indeed, that would be Alexis Tipton.

Look at that, Bra is coming.  There's just Uub now, but that probably won't happen for a while.

He's still a toddler by this timeframe, so yeah.

WARNING:

Although this news is promotional material for DBS straight from an official Japanese magazine, for the sake of fairness to certain users, this information will be kept under a spoiler tag.

Read at your own risk.

Yonkou Productions (@YonkouProd) has tweeted out a verified scan for DragonBall Super featuring promo material for the upcoming Universal Survival arc:

C2eTdoKUAAEJoRV.jpg

The image shows off an illustration of Androids 17 and 18, a look at the fighting arena for the tournament, as well as designs for a brand new Hakaishin/Angel combo with unspecified names and from an unspecified universe.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

The designs of those new characters look good.  The color of the angel's clothes look similar, if not identical, to Vados'.  Though now that I think about it, there are bound to be some similarities between them.

HOLY SHIT

http://youtu.be/8PyU_gJY1VU?t=15s

FEMALE BROLY! JOKER & PINK ELEPHANT HAKAISHIN! OTHER HAIKAISHIN/ANGELS! SOME WOLF GUY!

61087182.jpg

I I I I I I I I CAN'T PROCESS ALL OF THAT!!

FEMALE BROLY?!?  SCARY CLOWN MAN!! Pink elephant?  ​Dumbo much?​  FEMALE BROLY!!  I don't know what the opponent Vegeta is facing is supposed to be, but she looks intense.  I wonder how many wolf-man related names people are going to call that character.  Oh and FEMALE BROLY OH MY KAMI!!!! 

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!

THAT PLUS HIS ANGEL HAS TWIN PIGTAILS LIKE HARLEY QUINN! REFERENCE DC MUCH!

dph2sj.jpg46f9e843a121f2a32b5adb65efc4c706.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of those elephants from Dumbo.

HOLY CRAP SHE IS!!  THOSE TWO REALLY ARE JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN!!  THIS ARC ALREADY HAS ME IN SHAMBLES!

Edited by Ultimus Grid