Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Episode 2 is out, and here are my thoughts:

Somebody make a meme of Vegeta no-selling that entire sequence on the Capsule Corp. jet please. lol

Like last week's episode, nothing much really happened, but it was still very enjoyable. Vegeta's vacation with Bulma and Trunks (and I like how it was tied into Vegeta's promise to take Trunks to an amusement park back in the Buu Arc) was enjoyable on both a comedic and general fluff level. Also, I can tell that the scene where he's asked to get up on the party stage and dance might be foreshadowing for a certain thing he does later on... hmm...

On the flip side, something that peaked my interest last week, the fight with Beerus and the Cavealien was great. I especially loved seeing things like the overall design of the Minon aliens, the alien dinosaur, Whis being able to talk in the Minion language, and the fight in general. It reminded me a lot of the one-shot fight Goku had with the Bear Bandit that tried to eat Turtle. lol 

Next week has me especially hyped though, because I of course love seeing my man Krillin interact with his family.

#VegetaGivesNofiretrucks #DanceVegetaDance #PoorKingKai #BeerusVSCavealien #SuperSaiyanGod

I knew the Vegeta episode would be a great one. xD That octopus scene was pretty good, too. I was kinda hoping he'd somehow get dragged onto the stage and dance there, though. :P

Whis' conversation was amazing. "Hoh hoh hoh, ho-hoh hoh." "HOH HO-HO-HOH, HOH HOH!"

The site I watched it on kept screwing up the subtitles, and didn't give the episode preview any at all. :/ It looked like it was going to go on to Bulma's birthday party, but of course, I'm not entirely sure.

#Hoh-Hoh-Hoh

I knew the Vegeta episode would be a great one. xD That octopus scene was pretty good, too. I was kinda hoping he'd somehow get dragged onto the stage and dance there, though. :P

Whis' conversation was amazing. "Hoh hoh hoh, ho-hoh hoh." "HOH HO-HO-HOH, HOH HOH!"

The site I watched it on kept screwing up the subtitles, and didn't give the episode preview any at all. :/ It looked like it was going to go on to Bulma's birthday party, but of course, I'm not entirely sure.

#Hoh-Hoh-Hoh

Basically what's going down is that we're starting the "Battle of Gods" part of the "Battle of Gods Saga". Next week, we'll see that Elder Kai will alert King Kai that Beerus is awake, and of course, he has to keep it a secret from Goku so that he doesn't get mixed up with the God of Destruction. Meanwhile, Krillin and his family get in a traffic jam while on the way to Bulma's party (which is on a ship now instead of at CC of course, so already we're seeing changes to the original BoG formula) and shenanigans ensue. This is official btw, I got it from here.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Well then, Vegeta and octopi don't mix.  Nice to know.  Throughout that whole Whis cavealien conversation I kept thinking of the pokemon Ho-oh.  Not sure why.  I loved how Beerus sent that one attack back at the cavealien so casually. xD

Edited by Ultimus Grid

ShonenGameZ.com managed to get one of their translators to translate a scan of the second chapter of the DragonBall Super manga.

The chapter is relatively simple, taking place during the "Battle of Gods" event where Beerus is fighting SSJ3 Goku, and while doing so, Champa and his assistant become aware that Beerus has awoken. Not much else is detailed, but for those who are curious, take a look here

The second chapter of the DragonBall Super manga has released. You can find it here.

My thoughts:

Alllllll the hype.

I say that because the manga has officially proven it's purpose: hype. It's a hype machine for the DragonBall Super anime. Sure, it technically takes place canonically after the first manga chapter but we all know that there is some extra content in the original anime version and whatnot. 

Anyways, this chapter was golden. It's basically the first Goku VS Beerus fight from "Battle of Gods" but it is greatly expanded, with Goku going through all of his SSJ forms to fight Beerus instead of just starting with SSJ3. Also we get cameos from Champa and his attendant as they are sure to appear either sometime during "Battle of Gods" or maybe after. I'd also like to say shame on the translators for giving King Kai such a pottymouth. I mean really, I sincerely doubt that most of that dialogue was translated correctly. lol But yeah, other than that, it was all good. #GokuVSBeerus #Champa #KingKaiPottyMouth #OracleFish #GirlWhis

LMAO. King Kai being such a potty mouth made me laugh so hard. "THE F**K IS WRONG WITH YOU!" "IF HE COMES HERE WE'LL BE IN NECK DEEP SH*T!" XDDDDDDD That cursing's on par with translations with Mangastream's translations. This is like the next best thing since Kurama telling Naruto to go balls to the wall and calling half of himself sexy. xD

In all seriousness, this chapter was cool, getting to see the battle more in depth in manga form. Goku talking about his final form (SSJ3) keeps making me think of Frieza too, lol. And gee, this new God has some mischevious business in Beerus's realm. Looking forward to that.

Thoughts on today's episode:

Whis: "I'm the fastest in the universe."

Burter: "Lies!"

xD

Okay, but for real: I liked this episode. I thought we were going to get more out of the second half with Krillin and his family, but honestly, just seeing all the cameos from all the characters in the Goku friend-list like Piccolo, Gohan, Roshi, Buu and all of them was just nice to see. It's actually super rare in any point of the series that all the characters can just come together and relax and have fun. Plus, it never lasts long because something comes along to screw it all up. lol It was also nice just to see Beerus and Whis interact with each other. There's something mystical about how Beerus just lays about talking about destruction and whatnot all the time. lol

Also I'd like to point out that a lot of people I've seen are surprised to hear that it is revealed that it was Beerus who sealed Elder Kai into the Z-Sword... even though that was confirmed in the original Battle of Gods movie. I dunno, I guess people missed that in the movie.

So I just got done watching episode 3 of Dragon Ball Super and now I'm a  bit confused. Didn't Lord Beerus and Whis already visit Earth in the Battle of Gods movie?  Why are they acting as if they never been there before? Doesn't Dragon Ball Super take place after Battle of Gods and Return of Freeza? Or am I missing something here?

I and others have explained this: Super started six months after the Buu Arc and now we are transitioning into the Battle of Gods movie's time period, which is now happening closer in time than it did in the original movie, which was about four years after Buu. We are actually currently in the "Battle of Gods" saga as well.

Basically, both BoG and possibly 'F' are going to be retold through Super and placed more closely in the timeline of the original story. We've already seen some changes made to the overall BoG "event", such as Bulma's birthday party now being on a ship, Beerus being awake early than he originally was, plus how he finds out about the Super Saiyan God, and even Goku and Vegeta's reasonings for their individual training sessions.

I'm a little, I don't know, sad I guess since there wasn't any fight scene in the third episode.  But that's bound to happen right?  Anyway I enjoyed it overall, especially with

Whis being the "fastest in the universe." :P

Didn't have time to watch the newest episode of Super yesterday, but I got it in now.

My thoughts:

First off, I don't know who did the fansubs for this episode, but he REALLY dropped the ball with the translation. I'm sorry, but was he/she falling asleep while he/she was typing it up? Sheesh.

Okay, now about the actual episode: more fluff, as usual. Although, now you can say that we are actually kickstarting the high points of the BoG arc now that Goku and Beerus are going to fight next episode. Still, there was notable things to take from this week, mostly due to the Pilaf Gang.

For those of you who don't know (and this was revealed in the BoG movie as well), at some point in time the Pilaf Gang managed to get their hands on the Dragon Balls and wished for youth, and being the idiots that they are, turned themselves into children. Now they are seeking the Dragon Balls once more, although for what reason in Super is kind of ambigious. Going off BoG, it's probably for wealth because Pilaf mentioned how poor they were in said movie.

Anyways, we see their shenanigans and whatnot, digging for Dragon Balls on an island they've been stuck on, barely managing to catch fish to eat, finding out that the Dragon Balls are on Bulma's cruise ship due to Trunks and Goten screwing around, them almost getting eaten by a shark, what you'd normally expect. That plus the scenes with the party-goers, Vegeta training, and Goku training while King Kai loses his shit about Goku meeting Beerus plus what I mentioned earlier basically sums up the episode.

I actually noticed something about when the Pilaf Gang boarded Bulma's ship: in BoG, when Pilaf saw Goten, he was immediately reminded of Goku and actually mistook him for Goku too. This is pretty much how they were roped into being guests at Bulma's party due to Pilaf's fear of "Goku" turning Oozaru again. It didn't really amount to much in the movie overall but I figured I'd bring it up. Plus, there's still a chance that Pilaf and co. might see the real Goku, or maybe interact with anybody from the original five i.e. Bulma, Oolong, Yamcha or Puar.

I mean no offense to whoever worked on that episode, but yeah the sub was pretty bad.  I was kind of having a hard time following it.

Now, regarding the episode itself...

I find that it was okay.  But there were a couple of things that bothered me a bit.  First off is the security field surrounding the dragon balls.  I understand not wanting anybody to find and getting their hands on them.  What I don't understand is plugging in the system to turn it on.  Who thought that was a good idea?  Trunks proved how easy it is to turn off the field.  I find it hard to believe that it would be someone as smart as Bulma or Dr.Briefs (sorry if I spelt that wrong) who designed that or be okay with it.  I'd be fine if a remote/handheld button was used instead.

Secondly, what's Pilaf doing with the Dragon radar?  Shouldn't someone at Capsule Corp have it or locked it away?  Unless there's more than one I don't see how or why he has it.  I don't have the slightest preference as to what his reasons are for using the radar and what he intends to do with the Dragon Balls.  A little clarification on how or why he has it would've been nice.

I figure it doesn't really matter or there's no need to get worked up on those things.  But I like to go over even the smallest details.

I mean no offense to whoever worked on that episode, but yeah the sub was pretty bad.  I was kind of having a hard time following it.

Now, regarding the episode itself...

I find that it was okay.  But there were a couple of things that bothered me a bit.  First off is the security field surrounding the dragon balls.  I understand not wanting anybody to find and getting their hands on them.  What I don't understand is plugging in the system to turn it on.  Who thought that was a good idea?  Trunks proved how easy it is to turn off the field.  I find it hard to believe that it would be someone as smart as Bulma or Dr.Briefs (sorry if I spelt that wrong) who designed that or be okay with it.  I'd be fine if a remote/handheld button was used instead.

Secondly, what's Pilaf doing with the Dragon radar?  Shouldn't someone at Capsule Corp have it or locked it away?  Unless there's more than one I don't see how or why he has it.  I don't have the slightest preference as to what his reasons are for using the radar and what he intends to do with the Dragon Balls.  A little clarification on how or why he has it would've been nice.

I figure it doesn't really matter or there's no need to get worked up on those things.  But I like to go over even the smallest details.

1. Plugs for security system = DragonBall logic.

2. He probably stole it from Bulma at some point. She was known to make multiple ones at a time. Also, I already sort of explained why the gang wants the balls in my post.

Darn quote button.

1 Oh.  Yeah.  Right.  Should've thought of that.  I've got to watch the original Dragonball again at some point.

2  I know why he wants the balls.  I was more concerned on how (or better yet, when) he got the radar. 

On a kind of unrelated note, I think I've been watching too many Everything Wrong With videos.  The way they comment and point out things that weren't explained in movies are having an influence on me.

Just caught up with the series and it seems to be heading in the exact same direction as Battle of Gods. What was the point of the movie if they were just going to make a show with the same events? 

^ It's going in a different direction, the story is just starting off with the Gods plotline and re-writing the events of the movie up to a certain point. Once we get past the Beerus/Goku fight, the story will start forming into it's own original path that it's gonna take, as shown with that Female Whis and Fat Beerus that are lurking around doing their own things.

Only five episodes in and TOEI is already getting their TOEI-ness on Super.

Still, the amount of hate growing for Super because of this episode is ridiculous. Yes, the animation for Goku VS Beerus was mediocre, but I've seen people go as far as to say "I'm dropping Super" or "Super is garbage" and the ever popular "DragonBall should just die already"... which is completely out of line. The animation was only present during the fight sequence anyway. Everything else looked decent.

One bad fight scene shouldn't cause any real fan of the anime or this series to drop it. This isn't even a new issue with DragonBall anime. Both DragonBall and DragonBall Z had its fair share of awkward/horrible animation moments due to the fact that they had five different studios working on both anime in their original broadcast with some being more skilled than others. 

I'm not saying this should be an excuse for the quality, but it is what it is. TOEI Animation works on a budget and has their own formula for production. They always have and probably always will. You can't really fight it, you just have to accept it and move on.

Also, I found this video talking about this particular topic that should at least open some eyes about how exactly this whole fiasco came about.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

There are couple things I want to comment on in episode six.

So Beerus blinds king Vegeta in one eye for not giving him a comfy pillow?  Sounds reasonable to me.  xP  Also shame on kid Vegeta for saying a bad word.

Iron chef Vegeta overcomes his beef (or in this case calamari) with octopi and carves up a mean dish.

First Beerus gets sprayed with water, which I find funny, then loses it with the pudding incident.

You'd think Buu would be dead after the slaughter fest Beerus gave him.  I know he doesn't die at all, but that last blast looked like it ended him.

Overall I thought this episode was pretty good.  Lots of humor (I think) and plenty of action. 

It's really sad how the original DB drawing style just looked so much nicer than super(not talking about ep5, just overall), just makes me start to despise computer anime, at this point I just want them to explain the 8-star ball.

It's really sad how the original DB drawing style just looked so much nicer than super(not talking about ep5, just overall), just makes me start to despise computer anime, at this point I just want them to explain the 8-star ball.

Did you ignore everything I said in the earlier post? DragonBall and DragonBall Z had its fair share of wonky moments due to having multiple studios working on it during their original broadcasts. And we can't judge Super's animation quality based on seven measly episodes anyway.

Also, don't be an old man and go off about "computer anime". There are plenty of anime made through advanced technology that look great.

Edited by Firaga Sensei