Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Man epidsode 61 was something else.  There were some great moments.  Goku going rage mode against Zamasu and black was awesome.  I epsecially loved Goku giving that backfist to Zamasu, as if he was saying "Boy wait your turn!"  xD And then Trunks having that new form just....wow.

I've been avoiding this series since I saw the screencaps of the awful animation in parts. I've recently gave it a second go and skipped the BoG and Resurrection of F retread arcs. I skipped the first bits of the Tournament since it seemed like nobody was even really making Vegeta and Goku break a sweat...I went directly to the Hit vs. Vegeta fight and HOO BOY am I glad I did!

AMAZING!!!

I've been avoiding this series since I saw the screencaps of the awful animation in parts. I've recently gave it a second go and skipped the BoG and Resurrection of F retread arcs. I skipped the first bits of the Tournament since it seemed like nobody was even really making Vegeta and Goku break a sweat...I went directly to the Hit vs. Vegeta fight and HOO BOY am I glad I did!

AMAZING!!!

The animation is not as bad as a lot of people and non-fans have been touting it as, especially nowadays... well... most of the time... but seriously, if most of those screencaps you saw were mostly from episode 5, then yeah, remember that generalizations exist.

You also missed some cool/entertaining/endearing moments by skipping around like that, especially with the tournament. Regardless of what you heard, I don't recommend just dropping yourself into any show on a random episode just because you think its the coolest. Start from the beginning, digest everything that it has to offer. You don't have to like everything, but at least give it a fair shot. 

The animation is not as bad as a lot of people and non-fans have been touting it as, especially nowadays... well... most of the time... but seriously, if most of those screencaps you saw were mostly from episode 5, then yeah, remember that generalizations exist.

You also missed some cool/entertaining/endearing moments by skipping around like that, especially with the tournament. Regardless of what you heard, I don't recommend just dropping yourself into any show on a random episode just because you think its the coolest. Start from the beginning, digest everything that it has to offer. You don't have to like everything, but at least give it a fair shot. 

Yeah I'll go back and watch what I skipped for sure! :D

In case nobody was aware of it. Dragon Ball Super dub is officially announced

Excited for this, no doubt about it...but I'm anxious for DBZ Kai Buu Saga dubbed. That way I can complete the Kai collection and binge. =D

In case nobody was aware of it. Dragon Ball Super dub is officially announced

At this point, it's too late for me to quit watching the subs, but I'll definitely try to watch the dub as it comes out... wait, I'd probably need a Funimation membership for that. Darn. Oh well, still great for those that have been waiting!

Episode 65 was amazing. But that next episode though. 

Vegito is back! So hyped for next episode. What is up with Zamasu?

Edited by AaySquare

Not news related, but this was an interesting video that popped up in my feed:

This is a discussion video about the quality of the english dub voices for DBS's Goku Black and Hit (first officially showcased in the new Xenoverse game) and how it ties into the eventual DragonBall Super english dub.

Hits English voice in the game was higher than I expected, but it works well.  It'd be nice if that's used in the dub.  ​Although the "Time to make the donuts" line still throws me off.

I feel that Goku Black's voice is okay, but could be better.  Of course, as Geekdom and MasakoX said in the video, it's just for the game and things may be different when the arcs get dubbed in a year or two.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

The manga's seventeenth chapter is out. And has been out for a least a week.

I'm really not good at this whole manga update thing. xD

EDIT: (11/18/16)

News broke out earlier this morning for the (provisional) episode titles of Episodes 68-71.

Remember: discussing anything that's in this article falls into spoiler territory so it would be best to use spoiler tags for the benefit of the uninformed.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

This piece of news might be somewhat interesting:

The previously announced English dub for Toonami Aisa is finally going to be released. This article confirms that the first episode will release in Southeast Asia and India on January 21st and below is a clip from the first episode of Super for this dub.

To clarify: this dub is being handled by Bang Zoom! Entertainment, a dubbing company based in California that has handled dubs for various companies and has done English dubbed anime for American release such as Blue Exorcist, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Kill la Kill, One Punch Man, etc.

I have also confirmed for myself that the actor playing Mr. Satan (or Hercule) in this clip is Jamiseon Price of Bleach, Fate/Zero, and Gurren Lagaan fame.

EDIT: (11/30/16)

We have even more dub news, this time from the FUNImation side of things.

First off, Christoper Sabat, through his Twitter feed, has released the first official clip from FUNimation's upcoming dub:

(Twitter link is in this video's description)

Also: On FUNimation's blog, they have officially released a voice cast list for the show listing off who will play what character in the main cast. This of course includes returning veterans such as Sean Schemmel as Goku and King Kai regrettably, Christopher Sabat as Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Shenron, and that guy downt the street, Kyle Herbert as Gohan, Sonny Straight as Kuririn, Chris Rager as Mr. Satan, etc.

There are however a couple of things to note: First off, Trunks (the little one) is being played by Alexis Tiption instead of Laura Bayley, Merdeith McCoy and Brad Jackson also return to voice their original roles as Android 18 and Oolong. In Kai, Colleen Clinkenbeard has taken the mantle as 18, but I guess the decision to bring back McCoy for BoG and all subsequent DB products since then now extends to Super and thankfully by now, she's learned how to act. All other roles, however, are in line with previous established talent.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Yeah I definitely heard of Price before, but just in a couple of video games.

About Schemmel, is it his performance for one of those particular characters or both?

Edited by Ultimus Grid

About Schemmel, is it his performance for one of those particular characters or both?

Sean Schemmel as Goku and King Kai

GOKU -- Seán Schemmel

KING KAI -- Seán Schemmel

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Sean Schemmel as Goku and King Kai

GOKU -- Seán Schemmel

KING KAI -- Seán Schemmel

Oh.  Okay.

Watching this made me happy. Sean Schemmel is doing an amazing work! I need a release date now. xD

I enjoyed listening to Sean as Goku too.

Kaio-sama... well, you know.