Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VexenReplica

KHUX A look ahead to the Anniversary Events!

In just under a week, Chi's biggest event of the year will begin. Following the brief cutscene released after last week's maintenance, players from each and every union are preparing their very best keyblades, cards, and skills to deal with this month-long event where more than just daily rewards are given out. Here's a brief look at what potentially, taking clue from last year's event, we'll be seeing for the next month, following next Thursday's maintenance.

Posted Image

First and foremost, there will be sidestory. Due to the hint given in the pre-anniversary's title, it looks to be a mirror of what happened last year - Donald and Goofy, chasing the King, crash landed in Daybreak Town and need you, the player, to collect gummi pieces to fix their ship. While it is nothing major, we did see last maintenance Mickey meet one of the foretellers, and Chirithy make a comment about knowing who the King was. Will the story unfold even more during this anniversary event? Only time will tell!

Posted Image

Secondly, there will be (if it follows last year's, which it probably will) a gummi thruster subjugation ranking. For those new to the subjugation rankings, you need to kill as many heartless as you can in the event's time, and the more you defeat, the higher you will place. One of the other things that the anniversary event was notorious for is the booster. While sometimes you might be ranked on the base number of heartless you defeat, sometimes the heartless will drop items (in our case, gummi pieces). Gummi pieces also determined rankings last year, so it's safe to say that they will play an important role in this year's rankings. Using a booster will boost the amount collected by a certain multiplier for a limited amount of time. With last anniversary, you could upgrade the multiplier so that you could get more gummi pieces. Since more gummi pieces collected means a higher ranking overall, it is beneficial to use these boosters in a wise manner. Mapping out routes that maximize gummi thrusters defeated will be beneficial to your success in this event, so team collaboration is key in this event.

For a more detailed look at booster events, please take a look at this guide published by yours truly. Although it contains information specific to the Easter event, it still has information still applicable to the upcoming Second Anniversary event.

Posted Image

Thirdly, there will be daily log-in bonuses galore. For those not familiar with the concept, a log-in bonus is a gift given to the player every time he or she logs into the game, These are given once a day, and can range from the boosters mentioned prior to potions, ethers, boosted SR+, Yen Sids and Fairy Godmothers, and perhaps even skills or adamants. Logging in to get these bonuses are a good usage of your time, especially if you are a new player and might not have those boosted SR+ cards.

Posted Image

Fourthly, if the Second Anniversary follows its predicessor in this regard, there will be a shop in which you can trade in your gummi pieces for rewards, and the rewards are stellar. Last year they gave away a Key Art (Key Art 15') and a Key Scene (Key Scene 5) to those players who collected enough gummi pieces to redeem them - and many, many non-paying players got them, enjoying the strength that these (normally paywalled) cards had. (I, personally, got the Key Art) Other goodies, like Raise Tickets and Sids, are also available for gummi trade-ins.

Posted Image

Lastly, the rewards for completing the missions - both story and weekly - are fantastic. Some may think that getting X amount of gummis may seem impossible, but there are players who can (and will) get that amount. Keep beating the gummies, and you will conquer the walls that hold you back!

Posted Image

I wish all of you players the best of luck in the upcoming month that follows, and may you all place well on the leaderboards!

Feel free to comment with your strategies for this upcoming event, and what you're excited for!

I'm hyped for the Raid Boss - if they leave it like it was last year. Assualt of the Dreadnought music was fantastic and I wonder if they'll bring back a certain glitch that was heavily used last year...

Downsides, of course, will be the lack of potions and ethers at the end of this event. But the rewards will be worth the year of stockpiling!

As I opened Chi, a quick cutscene of the gummiship crossing the sky like a comet and then crashing on the green area of the port appeared in front of me. Like oh god, I gotta hurry and take all the gummi things around!But tbh, I would prefered an update of Daybreak Town story instead.

As I opened Chi, a quick cutscene of the gummiship crossing the sky like a comet and then crashing on the green area of the port appeared in front of me. Like oh god, I gotta hurry and take all the gummi things around!But tbh, I would prefered an update of Daybreak Town story instead.

I believe that's what nearly everyone wants. Including me and I'm waiting for Unchained.