Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Which game in the Kingdom Hearts series do you think contributes to the story the most?

Which game in the Kingdom Hearts series do you think contributes to the story the most?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which game in the Kingdom Hearts series do you think contributes to the story the most?

• Kingdom Hearts (first game)
    • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II
    • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
    • Kingdom Hearts coded
    • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]

I want to say Kingdom Hearts the first one but I don't think that it really contributes that much for the overall story, so I'm going to say Kingdom Hearts 2 because we get introduced to the main antagonist group of the first saga, sure we technically see them in Chain of Memories but we didn't know who they where we just thought it was those six members.  In Kingdom Hearts 2 we learned of Organization XIII and the origins of Ansem and a little bit of Xheanort, but all these games obviously contributed to the series in some way or another

It's tough

-KH2 introduced Xemnas and Xehanort(as Terranort) as the main villain

-KHDDD intro'd Xehanort's true motives and how everything was possible throughout the series

-KHBBS showed the origins of Xehanort as well as Aqua, Terra, and Ven and also explained how Riku and Sora got their Keyblades

in the end I went with DDD because of how it explained time travel and the future of KH

Its a tough call between birth by sleep and dream drop distance, but ill go with bbs since it gave the main outline of xehanorts goal (the x-blade/kingdom hearts) and the story before the main story while DDD gives the details of the plan like the 13 vs 7

V-Cast. It has the deepest story and if it wasn't for that game, nothing in the series wouldn't even happen.

In all seriousness probably BBS considering the future happens the way it does because of that game especially with Terra's, Aqua's and Ventus' contact with Riku Kairi and Sora.

While I think that all the entries in the series each contribute something to the story, I have to say that Birth By Sleep really takes the cake, because the story of that installment really builds the foundation for the rest of the series, introducing us to Xehanort, the Keyblade Wielders who came before Sora, Riku and Kairi, and so on. I also think that Dream Drop Distance also contributes to the story in the fact that it summarizes the events that have transpired in the series so far while building up for the events to come in Kingdom Hearts III, ya know? :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Birth by sleep. Because sora or riku may not be a keyblade wielder if there is no BBS. Plus you can't understand kingdom hearts 3D if you dont play the BBS First.

i think 3d because it set up the story of 3 and though 1 is the game that started it all most of the main narrative that the story has built upon were set up by its sequels