Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata dead at 55

Aww I'm gonna miss him. He seemed like a good guy and he was just starting to turn Nintendo around again, it's sad he won't get to witness the NX. I wonder who will be the new president now, Reggie or Miyamoto?

Wow, this is so unexpected. I knew about his condition but I didn't tjhink it was that bad. Well RIP Mr. Iwata, you may not have been the best CEO in Nintendo but you were still an awesome guy who brought smiles and happiness to all the fans of Nintendo and many other people. My condolences to his family and friends. Hopefully there will be a new CEO who does just as much good as Iwata has in these years.

No way... And he was only 55. You have given many hopes and happiness during your time. You have done a lot of great directs, game reveals, and so much more. You shall forever be missed, Satoru Iwata.

*Bows head in silence*

Man, this can't be happening...

When I read the news on another site, I thought it was a joke for a second. I know a lot of people didn't like the guy and were anxious to see him leave Nintendo, but this man was one of my heroes. He was always willing to address his fans as needed, and didn't just sit back away from his audience. He was behind a lot of fantastic games, and helped lead the company that holds a very special place in my heart. Few things got me as happy and excited as seeing him introduce himself at the start of a Nintendo Direct. Many people might have viewed him as a terrible president, but to me, he was a legend. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. I wish the best for his family, friends, and many fans who are mourning right now.

It's funny... just yesterday, I finished EarthBound, a game in which he was one of the lead developers for. When I saw his name in the credits, I couldn't help but smile and think about what a great guy he was. I had no clue that was his final day on Earth... A game he was a major part in was one of the few to make me shed tears, and only a day later, news about him is making it tough for me to keep myself composed. Again, rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. You were one of my biggest heroes, and it's truly heartbreaking to hear that you passed away.

I found about this a couple minutes ago...it's....sad and really unexpected and that fact he was young. 55 is still a young age in my opinion. At least he in better place now and surly he is resting in peace as we speak. 

When I read the news on another site, I thought it was a joke for a second. I know a lot of people didn't like the guy and were anxious to see him leave Nintendo, but this man was one of my heroes. He was always willing to address his fans as needed, and didn't just sit back away from his audience. He was behind a lot of fantastic games, and helped lead the company that holds a very special place in my heart. Few things got me as happy and excited as seeing him introduce himself at the start of a Nintendo Direct. Many people might have viewed him as a terrible president, but to me, he was a legend. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. I wish the best for his family, friends, and many fans who are mourning right now. It's funny... just yesterday, I finished EarthBound, a game in which he was one of the lead developers for. When I saw his name in the credits, I couldn't help but smile and think about what a great guy he was. I had no clue that was his final day on Earth... A game he was a major part in was one of the few to make me shed tears, and only a day later, news about him is making it tough for me to keep myself composed. Again, rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. You were one of my biggest heroes, and it's truly heartbreaking to hear that you passed away.

Agreed. As much as I'm not too involved with the news and such of Gaming, that doesn't change that I basically idolized Iwata as a developer. He may not have been the best president, but he wasn't the worst either. He worked so hard to do what he loved and as he said, "On my buisness card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I'm a game developer. But in my heart, I'm a gamer." And I respect that. He was a great man, worth all the respect in the world and then some, especially in how he treated people and his fellow teammates and others in the industry. AlphaOmegaSin basically summed up how I felt about this best, so rather than ramble on, I'll let a man wit a bigger voice say the same message as I.

im very sad to hear about iwatas death. he seemed so much more than a corperate business man just wanting to make money. he really wanted to make gamers happy and for nintendo to succeed. i cant help but remember when he cut his salery to price drop the 3ds. rest in peace, man. you lived a very respectable life. still, im wondering how nintendo as a company will change in terms of business practices without iwata. it could be better or could be worse. i look forward to seeing which. ive been wondering how nintendo would preform with someone else at the helm for a while now. still, this isnt how i wanted to find out. i have massive respect for iwata. i dont wanna see him go. rest in peace, iwata. i hope you were aware of all of your accompishments and contributions to the video game industry when you passed.

im really broken up about satoru iwata's death it was completely unexpected and caught me completely off guard i feel like crying because he was such a nice man who was one of the few people in the gaming industry that actually cared about the fans it leaves me heartbroken that such a cool guy like him has left us , i can only imagine how his familly must feel i wish there was something i could do rest in peace satoru iwata you will most certainly be missed frown emoticon TT_TT cry emoticon

The world just was not ready for this mans death. It's still impossible to believe as of right now.

I truly respected Iwata and had always wanted to meet him. I guess I will never be able to say Thankyou in person.

The worst thing is that his final statement was him apologizing about e3 and promising to work harder.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

Thankyou for all the experiences you've given me and know that you will be deeply missed by us all. All the tears I have shed today hope that you know that too.  <3

I was playing some Smash bros Wii U online yesterday and one of my opponent was named RIP Iwata and I though it was a bad joke because he didn't like him or something,but now I see that its truth,that's sad.

I....I was in utter shock when I heard of the news that Iwata has died today.....I,I'm honest to god devestated about this.I mean.....sure no one lives forever but I never thought this his medical condition would be this bad.

Look,regardless of his shortcomings,Iwata,in my eyes,was one of the best CEO's to grace any video game company in my opinion.I mean......the dude worked his way to the top ever since he started as a small developer at HAL laboratory,let's not forget some of his acheivements like how he and Sakurai CO-CREATED Super Smash Bros back in the development of the first game,and he's the one who solved the size issue in Pokemon GoldSilver and gave us two regions to journey through in that game

Sure his decisions as of late were not the best but come on no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes in their career.So can we please,even for one day,forget about scholding Nintendo and whom they should fire and all that bullshit,or the whole amiibo thing for at least one firetrucking day and try to remember that the dude launched Nintendo to the top with the DSWii after two generations of setbacks by the N64 and GameCube.Like I mentioned above the dude worked his way to the top,he did so much in his career prior to becoming a President for Nintendo,he didn't have that position handed to him on a silver platter,let's not forget that in 2013 when Nintendo struggled financially,instead of laying off hundreds of people,him and Miyamoto took GINORMOUS PAYCUTS.

The dude deserves to be remembered by the goods he did for the industry,even if you don't like Nintendo that's completely fine and dandy but,just respect the man's departed soul and let him be remembered by all the times he made people smile

the Nintendo Direct episodes were hands down one of the best ideas he ever came up with.Tell me please,what other company CEO nowadays took the time out of his day to record a monthly show where he interact with his audience and show them all sorts of exciting announcements.I got so attached and used to Iwata's presence in those directs to the point that I always mimic the "directly to you" motion everytime he does it.It became a monthly routine for me to wait for a Nintendo direct and see what kind of announcement we'd get.To think that the last time we'd ever see him was when he announced the Smash Ballot,in which THE FANS submit what characters they want in Smash,and the fact that the last words he ever spoke to the public is an official apology on social media regarding this year's E3....depresses me

If you can't tell by now,my attachment to Nintendo is not necessarily a fanboyishworshipping one no no.It's a personal and sentimental attachment.Not only they were a huge part of my childhood ever since I got my NES in 1990,but they were always there for me.I'm not joking when I say that if it weren't for Nintendo and Iwata,I would've been dead by now,cuz I can't count the many times where I suffered from depression or went through suicidal thoughts where my DS,Wii,3DS or Wii U managed to relief me and make me smile again and push myself through and never give up hope,whether it's Pokemon,Zelda,Fire Emblem,Super Smash Bros,Super Mario Galaxy,Mario Kart.....etc,Nintendo has been always there for me.Making me happy and giving me thousands of hours of entertainment.Call me a Nintendrone or a Nintendo fanboy,the truth is I can't separate Nintendo from my life regardless of their imperfections and many mistakes

And I wanna take a little moment to riff and rant for a while so please bare with me.For those who constantly kept wishing for the dude to be fired......Are you happy now?Are you satisfied,he's basically now been fired from his own body into what's hopefully a better place.

And for those who kept sending death threats to the dude on social media or youtube(see the comments on the Metroid Prime Federation Force's reveal), if you(not you guys on KH13) seriously meant those threats you've send to him......firetruck you....firetruck you from the bottom of my heart,I don't care what grudge you hold against the guy,wishing death upon someone is not a funny matter cuz we all know the saying "Be careful what you wish for,you might just get it" And now that the guy is dead you(again not you guys on KH13 ) pull a 180 and act that you never sent them or keep on bad mouthing the guy even in his grave......firetruck you,the moment you wish death upon someone,who by all means wasn't even evil and malicious to begin with,you revoked your rights as a human being cuz by wishing death on someone you've clearly shown that you've never valued a human life.

Sorry for this angry tangent,I just wanted to riff for a bit,of all news of celebrity passing away,this one is the one that impacted me the most.I......even I myself accused the guy and bad mouthed him weeks and months ago,never realizing how bad the medical turmoil he's been going through was,I......I feel like an asshole now

I'm really at a loss of words guys,I was seriously tearing as I wrote this,I'm not the kind of guy who loves to be negative,overdramatic or sad all the time,but this news was hard to stomach,I couldn't believe what I saw and I had to recheck every single site who covered those news until I saw the official statement by Nintendo......I wished this wasn't real so many times,but I guess his time has finally come.

Rest in Peace good sir,thank you for all the great memories you gave me and many others,thanks for all the awesome characters and games you helped creating and finally,thank you for keeping Nintendo together and the gaming community together for all those years.

Rest in Peace,Satoru Iwata

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

I....I was in utter shock when I heard of the news that Iwata has died today.....I,I'm honest to god devestated about this.I mean.....sure no one lives forever but I never thought this his medical condition would be this bad.

Look,regardless of his shortcomings,Iwata,in my eyes,was one of the best CEO's to grace any video game company in my opinion.I mean......the dude worked his way to the top ever since he started as a small developer at HAL laboratory,let's not forget some of his acheivements like how he and Sakurai CO-CREATED Super Smash Bros back in the development of the first game,and he's the one who solved the size issue in Pokemon GoldSilver and gave us two regions to journey through in that game

Sure his decisions as of late were not the best but come on no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes in their career.So can we please,even for one day,forget about scholding Nintendo and whom they should fire and all that bullshit,or the whole amiibo thing for at least one firetrucking day and try to remember that the dude launched Nintendo to the top with the DSWii after two generations of setbacks by the N64 and GameCube.Like I mentioned above the dude worked his way to the top,he did so much in his career prior to becoming a President for Nintendo,he didn't have that position handed to him on a silver platter,let's not forget that in 2013 when Nintendo struggled financially,instead of laying off hundreds of people,him and Miyamoto took GINORMOUS PAYCUTS.

The dude deserves to be remembered by the goods he did for the industry,even if you don't like Nintendo that's completely fine and dandy but,just respect the man's departed soul and let him be remembered by all the times he made people smile

the Nintendo Direct episodes were hands down one of the best ideas he ever came up with.Tell me please,what other company CEO nowadays took the time out of his day to record a monthly show where he interact with his audience and show them all sorts of exciting announcements.I got so attached and used to Iwata's presence in those directs to the point that I always mimic the "directly to you" motion everytime he does it.It became a monthly routine for me to wait for a Nintendo direct and see what kind of announcement we'd get.To think that the last time we'd ever see him was when he announced the Smash Ballot,in which THE FANS submit what characters they want in Smash,and the fact that the last words he ever spoke to the public is an official apology on social media regarding this year's E3....depresses me

If you can't tell by now,my attachment to Nintendo is not necessarily a fanboyishworshipping one no no.It's a personal and sentimental attachment.Not only they were a huge part of my childhood ever since I got my NES in 1990,but they were always there for me.I'm not joking when I say that if it weren't for Nintendo and Iwata,I would've been dead by now,cuz I can't count the many times where I suffered from depression or went through suicidal thoughts where my DS,Wii,3DS or Wii U managed to relief me and make me smile again and push myself through and never give up hope,whether it's Pokemon,Zelda,Fire Emblem,Super Smash Bros,Super Mario Galaxy,Mario Kart.....etc,Nintendo has been always there for me.Making me happy and giving me thousands of hours of entertainment.Call me a Nintendrone or a Nintendo fanboy,the truth is I can't separate Nintendo from my life regardless of their imperfections and many mistakes

And I wanna take a little moment to riff and rant for a while so please bare with me.For those who constantly kept wishing for the dude to be fired......Are you happy now?Are you satisfied,he's basically now been fired from his own body into what's hopefully a better place.

And for those who kept sending death threats to the dude on social media or youtube(see the comments on the Metroid Prime Federation Force's reveal), if you(not you guys on KH13) seriously meant those threats you've send to him......firetruck you....firetruck you from the bottom of my heart,I don't care what grudge you hold against the guy,wishing death upon someone is not a funny matter cuz we all know the saying "Be careful what you wish for,you might just get it" And now that the guy is dead you(again not you guys on KH13 ) pull a 180 and act that you never sent them or keep on bad mouthing the guy even in his grave......firetruck you,the moment you wish death upon someone,who by all means wasn't even evil and malicious to begin with,you revoked your rights as a human being cuz by wishing death on someone you've clearly shown that you've never valued a human life.

Sorry for this angry tangent,I just wanted to riff for a bit,of all news of celebrity passing away,this one is the one that impacted me the most.I......even I myself accused the guy and bad mouthed him weeks and months ago,never realizing how bad the medical turmoil he's been going through was,I......I feel like an asshole now

I'm really at a loss of words guys,I was seriously tearing as I wrote this,I'm not the kind of guy who loves to be negative,overdramatic or sad all the time,but this news was hard to stomach,I couldn't believe what I saw and I had to recheck every single site who covered those news until I saw the official statement by Nintendo......I wished this wasn't real so many times,but I guess his time has finally come.

Rest in Peace good sir,thank you for all the great memories you gave me and many others,thanks for all the awesome characters and games you helped creating and finally,thank you for keeping Nintendo together and the gaming community together for all those years.

Rest in Peace,Satoru Iwata

Believe it or not, people are trying to use this as an excuse to talk about the "New era of Nintendo," and saying they hope this will lead to better management within the company. I know that a lot of people didn't like the guy, but really, this is the worst possible thing people can be doing right now. Mr. Iwata did a lot for the industry. The least we can do is remember him, and thank him for what he did. Seeing people talk about his death as a means for Nintendo to improve, or even celebrating because of a man's death sickens me.

I was shocked when I heard this yesterday... RIP Mr Iwata... We'll always remember your "please understand" and "directly to you". You changed the way in which we see gaming today along with Mr Miyamoto... Thank you for everything...