Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Review

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is an action-adventure game developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC & iOS. It was the first Tomb Raider spin-off developed by Crystal Dynamics.

Graphically the game is quite good for the time it was released and as a digital-only title. They reused a lot of assets and even music from Crystal Dynamics first 3 Tomb Raider games and it worked well.

Sound effects and music suit the game fine.

Gameplay is at a different perspective to normal Tomb Raider games and you'll have the option to play local or online multi-player. However this is a multi-player-focused game as you team up with a friend or stranger to complete a variety of puzzles across many chapters. If you play single-player, you're likely to get bored after awhile like me and if a puzzle becomes frustrating, and they did for me, you are even more likely to just stop playing.

Story-wise it's pretty mediocre, something is released and you have to catch it. Cutscenes are a mix of bland still images and for the time good looking cutscenes where the characters move.

There's also a few trophies and achievements but not many, and no platinum.

This is a hard game to review. I could not try out multi-player but I'm sure it's quite fun with a friend. Single-player on the other hand will see you grow bored after awhile, particularly if you get frustrated with puzzles.

6/10