Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

Pokken Tournament may come to US in Dave & Buster's arcades

According to a reddit AMA with Dave & Buster's Senior Vice President, Kevin Bachus, the currently Japan-only Pokemon fighting game, Pokken Tournament, may come to the United States. Mr. Bachus stated that they are currently planning on testing the game and they seem "optimistic" about the game being featured in their arcades. The exact exchange from the AMA is as follows:

Seven29: You guys are on good terms with Nintendo/Namco, right? Pokken Fighters would be likely to at least get a location test if they offered it, right?

Kevin Bachus: Yes. We will be testing Pokken. Candidly both NAMCO and I are more optimistic about that title and our typical guests than Tekken.

Now all of my posts concerning the new fighters don't seem so unnecessary! There are currently nine pokemon featured in the game, and seeing as the game is exclusive to arcades, it seems a bit unlikely that additional fighters will be added, but only time will tell!

What do you think? Would you visit a nearby Dave & Buster's in order to try out Pokken Tournament?

Edited by Toominator

I don't have a Dave & Buster's around me, so I probably won't get to still play it even if it comes there! That is why Nintendo needs to see the light and make a Wii U version as not everyone will be able to play the arcade version, and I am sure the Wii U copy would sell well if they would just make it!

I don't have a Dave & Buster's around me, so I probably won't get to still play it even if it comes there! That is why Nintendo needs to see the light and make a Wii U version as not everyone will be able to play the arcade version, and I am sure the Wii U copy would sell well if they would just make it!

I agree, and it would probably play much better on the Wii U anyway. However, I will not be paying $60 for nine fighters lol they need to expand the roster and add more depth before it comes to Wii U.

I agree, and it would probably play much better on the Wii U anyway. However, I will not be paying $60 for nine fighters lol they need to expand the roster and add more depth before it comes to Wii U.

They are only starting out small in the arcade because they are making more content post launch in Japan, and that means they probably are taking time to make every character as perfect as they can be. I am sure by the time a Wii U version would have come out, the game would have tons of characters and things to do.

It's not just a possibility. He clearly states that it is going to go through location testing, meaning it will be playable in North America for a short time at least. I have no doubts that it will do well enough to warrant a wider release, though.

It's not just a possibility. He clearly states that it is going to go through location testing, meaning it will be playable in North America for a short time at least. I have no doubts that it will do well enough to warrant a wider release, though.

The "may come to the US" meant permanently. I'm playing it safe here. I, too, believe it's almost a guarantee that it will do well in testing, but I want to be sure.

The "may come to the US" meant permanently. I'm playing it safe here. I, too, believe it's almost a guarantee that it will do well in testing, but I want to be sure.

Ah, alright. I apologize for the misunderstanding. If the arcade version does do well (which is very likely), I'm hoping that it will end up at more locations than just Dave and Busters. Having more locations would be great for attracting more players. Of course, I'd be surprised if a console version doesn't follow.