Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If Terra is supposed to have parallels with Anakin/Darth Vader, then it’s plausible he is one of the Thirteen Darknesses at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III (which most people think is already obvious, and I did too, but I have remained doubtful ever since Tetsuya Nomura, in an interview, said he enjoys creating surprises in a story, and Terra not being a Seeker of Darkness would sure be a big surprise). With tvtropes' comments that Terra has similarities to Anakin, who served the Dark Side, I find myself seeing Terra as a Seeker more and more. Anyway, what I’m getting at is remember in Star Wars, Anakin was saved from the Dark Side by his son. In Birth by Sleep, Terra and Ven have a conversation in which Terra tells Ven he knows when he really needs him he’ll be there for him. It seems to be foreshadowing something, but in the game itself this scenario never comes to pass. 

With these story elements added together, we can theorize that it is Ven who will bring Terra back to his complete form, as it is Ven who serves as a little brother/sort-of son figure to Terra. How Ven does so I ain’t got a clue, but if they really wanted to keep the Anakin-Terra parallels (if it was intentional) this is probably the route they’ll go. 

I have a feeling Aqua or Riku will be the ones to save him. In the Blank Points cutscene, it shows Ven and Terra both together at the Land of Departure. So I don't think Ven will have a role in the rescue. Terra gave the power to wield the keyblade to Riku, so Riku might return the favor. I also think Terra and Riku are mirror each other and have similar qualities. Just a guess. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind if he stayed as either one of the 13 darknesses or just stayed dead, one thing that annoys me about KH is that they make such a big deal when someone dies, only to bring them back a few games on, at this point there are basically zero characters that have died that aren't likely to come back in KH3.

Terra could be one of the thirteen in the beginning, but then saved later on. Ventus could be the one to save him, but Aqua might also save him with Ven. She left unfinished business with Terra-Xehanort in BbS so she'll complete what she started in KH3. Then, Terra will be one of the seven.

I seem to be one of only a handful of people who think he's going to be one of the Lights, haha.

Mickey does list him as one of the Lights in DDD, and contrary to popular belief Xehanort doesn't say he has Terra (he says that, by taking Sora, he has "two of the lights" -- but I'm convinced he was referring to Sora and Ven, since the latter is still inside the former). Terra is also very light-oriented, and the scene in Blank Points just (for me, anyway) strongly suggests that once Xehanort's hold on him slips, he won't get Terra again. In DDD, Terra presumably was "reborn" somewhere as himself just as Master Xehanort was. Terranort shouldn't exist at present.

As for Ven saving Terra, I personally think it'll be the other way around! The end of BBS states that Ven needs his guiding lights -- Terra and Aqua -- to lead his heart back. This goes hand-in-hand with how each member of the trio is depending on the other for their present survival (Ven needs his friends to lead his heart back; Terra fights for his friends and that's what keeps him above the darkness; Aqua finds strength in her friends to keep going through the Realm of Darkness).

...I could ramble on this forever, but. Yes, that's my two cents. c: That is an interesting Star Wars parallel, though!

I seem to be one of only a handful of people who think he's going to be one of the Lights, haha.Mickey does list him as one of the Lights in DDD, and contrary to popular belief Xehanort doesn't say he has Terra (he says that, by taking Sora, he has "two of the lights" -- but I'm convinced he was referring to Sora and Ven, since the latter is still inside the former). Terra is also very light-oriented, and the scene in Blank Points just (for me, anyway) strongly suggests that once Xehanort's hold on him slips, he won't get Terra again. In DDD, Terra presumably was "reborn" somewhere as himself just as Master Xehanort was. Terranort shouldn't exist at present.As for Ven saving Terra, I personally think it'll be the other way around! The end of BBS states that Ven needs his guiding lights -- Terra and Aqua -- to lead his heart back. This goes hand-in-hand with how each member of the trio is depending on the other for their present survival (Ven needs his friends to lead his heart back; Terra fights for his friends and that's what keeps him above the darkness; Aqua finds strength in her friends to keep going through the Realm of Darkness)....I could ramble on this forever, but. Yes, that's my two cents. c: That is an interesting Star Wars parallel, though!

Except Xehanort has no means to get to Ven in Castle Oblivion and his body as seen in DDD has remained untouched. That's why it's clearly Terra he was talking aboutAgain, Xehanort is after vessels, not hearts. Edited by Wyatt Tyson

Except Xehanort has no means to get to Ven in Castle Oblivion and his body as seen in DDD has remained untouched. That's why it's clearly Terra he was talking aboutAgain, Xehanort is after vessels, not hearts.

He doesn't need Ven's body to get Ven, though. As long as he has his heart -- which is in Sora -- Ven's body is useless, and thus Xehanort would then have two of the lights. I agree he doesn't want or need Ven's heart -- but by getting Sora, he would be getting two for one all the same, and would thus have two of the Lights.

He doesn't need Ven's body to get Ven, though. As long as he has his heart -- which is in Sora -- Ven's body is useless, and thus Xehanort would then have two of the lights. I agree he doesn't want or need Ven's heart -- but by getting Sora, he would be getting two for one all the same, and would thus have two of the Lights.

Except that he does..... since once againhe's after vessels not hearts. As he and Young Xehanort have said multiple times throughout DDD...."Hands off my new vessel" "My last vessel shall bear my heart like the rest"

Except that he does..... since once againhe's after vessels not hearts. As he and Young Xehanort have said multiple times throughout DDD...."Hands off my new vessel""My last vessel shall bear my heart like the rest"

Well, he's after vessels, but remember all he tells Mickey is that 'Sora and another oh the list' belong to him. He never said in what way they belonged to him, just that they did. If he had Sora's heart, he'd have Ven's too, and thus Ven would be unable to act as a Guardian of Light because he'd remain comatose in Castle Oblivion. He never said the other belonged to him as a vessel. 

I do hope Terra is a Guardian of Light, whether he starts off as a Nort and becomes a Guardian or he was reborn like Lady said so he's already out of Xehanort's control by the time the game starts-honestly I just want him to be alive and reunited with Ven and Aqua. He made mistakes, but he doesn't deserve to be destroyed over them. 

.....what?

He literally said this "another" belonged to him in the context Sora was going to belong to him: as a VESSEL. You know like what most of the conversation was about and oh him even narrating Terra's fate as of the BBS ending.

"The Feckless Youth who became my new vessel"

And the Japanese dialogue for that "another" scene was basically

"Sora and the last one are on our side"

How in the world would Ven be on Xehanort's side without a body

He literally doesn't care about Ven's heart in the least. If anything it would be his empty body aka vessel he'd be interested in which he's unable to get to.

And note Xehanort isn't trying to stop the 7 Lights from forming since you know it's kinda in his plan to have them all form ASAP so they can clash with his 13 darknesses (would have been 13 he got Sora) Meaning this "another" would have already had to belong to him or be on his team before he got to Sora. Since he already had 12 of his members including himself. All they needed was one more which was going to be Sora.

Edited by Wyatt Tyson

Well, he's after vessels, but remember all he tells Mickey is that 'Sora and another oh the list' belong to him. He never said in what way they belonged to him, just that they did. If he had Sora's heart, he'd have Ven's too, and thus Ven would be unable to act as a Guardian of Light because he'd remain comatose in Castle Oblivion. He never said the other belonged to him as a vessel. 

I do hope Terra is a Guardian of Light, whether he starts off as a Nort and becomes a Guardian or he was reborn like Lady said so he's already out of Xehanort's control by the time the game starts-honestly I just want him to be alive and reunited with Ven and Aqua. He made mistakes, but he doesn't deserve to be destroyed over them. 

/high fives! The Wayfinder trio reunion is what I'm looking forward to the most in KH3, tbh. I know it will destroy me emotionally but I need it.

.....what?He literally said this "another" belonged to him in the context Sora was going to belong to him: as a VESSEL. You know like what most of the conversation was about and oh him even narrating Terra's fate as of the BBS ending."The Feckless Youth who became my new vessel"And the Japanese dialogue for that "another" scene was basically"Sora and the last one are on our side"How in the world would Ven be on Xehanort's side without a bodyHe literally doesn't care about Ven's heart in the least. If anything it would be his empty body aka vessel he'd be interested in which he's unable to get to.And note Xehanort isn't trying to stop the 7 Lights from forming since you know it's kinda in his plan to have them all form ASAP so they can clash with his 13 darknesses (would have been 13 he got Sora) Meaning this "another" would have already had to belong to him or be on his team before he got to Sora. Since he already had 12 of his members including himself. All they needed was one more which was going to be Sora.

Again, I agree that he doesn't want or need Ven's heart, and there's no indication that he's trying to stop the 7 lights from forming. But again, if he gets Sora, he gets Ven, period. This is fact by way of simple deduction. Xehanort says, and I quote, "But Sora and another on your list belong to me now." He doesn't mention vessels; he simply says these two "belong" to him now that he has Sora. (Or, you know, was going to have Sora. Thank goodness that failed, lol.)

I also agree that he does have 12 of the 13 Darknesses already, as he clearly states (and as we clearly see) -- but again, he doesn't indicate that the second of the "two" that "belong" to him now is among them. If he did have Terra, it would have been much more accurate for him to say "Sora and two others on your list belong to me now." Yes, Ven's heart is useless to him. Yes, Ven's body would be ideal. But it nonetheless stands that if Xehanort gets Sora, he gets Ven. That's two, and he only refers to having two.

Xehanort does mention Terra, but he mentions Terra in the same context as when he mentions Ven and Aqua ("The broken boy who failed to be the blade... the misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend...and the feckless youth who became my new vessel.") so that doesn't really point to anything imo.

/high fives! The Wayfinder trio reunion is what I'm looking forward to the most in KH3, tbh. I know it will destroy me emotionally but I need it.

Again, I agree that he doesn't want or need Ven's heart, and there's no indication that he's trying to stop the 7 lights from forming. But again, if he gets Sora, he gets Ven, period. This is fact by way of simple deduction. Xehanort says, and I quote, "But Sora and another on your list belong to me now." He doesn't mention vessels; he simply says these two "belong" to him now that he has Sora. (Or, you know, was going to have Sora. Thank goodness that failed, lol.)

I also agree that he does have 12 of the 13 Darknesses already, as he clearly states (and as we clearly see) -- but again, he doesn't indicate that the second of the "two" that "belong" to him now is among them. If he did have Terra, it would have been much more accurate for him to say "Sora and two others on your list belong to me now." Yes, Ven's heart is useless to him. Yes, Ven's body would be ideal. But it nonetheless stands that if Xehanort gets Sora, he gets Ven. That's two, and he only refers to having two.

Xehanort does mention Terra, but he mentions Terra in the same context as when he mentions Ven and Aqua ("The broken boy who failed to be the blade... the misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend...and the feckless youth who became my new vessel.") so that doesn't really point to anything imo.

That's basically the context of their conversation when he said "Sora and the last one are on our side" or "Sora and another on your list belong to me now". He literally meant nothing else but vessels since that is basically what he wants and the former line in Japanese even implies more than ever it's vessels he's talking about since having just a stray heart alone like Ven's would do him no good unlike Terra's situation as a vessel which has been implied to not have changed in the least. 

And I know he was recapping the events of the BBS trio. I made that clear in my last comment. But again, nothing has shown the situation has changed for any of them as we see from Ven and Aqua. So really he's implied to already have Terra as a vessel. Whether Terra's heart is still in the mix is the real mystery at this point just like Eraqus.

In conclusion, he could have meant nobody else but Terra, not Ven. It seems you're trying to grasp at straws to make it seem like he meant Ven when there's a lot going against him having Ven on his side since having his heart alone would do him nothing when he's looking for vessels. You know people who are fulfilling his plan. With that, I'm bowing out of this argument since it's dragged on for too long imo so believe whatever you want and we'll just have to wait for what KH3 to know the circumstances on everything.