Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Nomura: No plans to release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX or HD 2.5 ReMIX on PlayStation 4

Back in December, Tai Yasue, the co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series revealed that both Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX & HD 2.5 ReMIX could make their way to PlayStation 4. However, in an interview with Ruliweb, Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series has stated there are no plans to do so.

Ruliweb: It's been two years since the first official announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Nomura: Usually, most of the reactions from the KH fans and media consist of "Please put [this world] in the game!" (Laughs) Rather than comments on the game system itself, we get requests for "Put this world in, put my world in!" much more. Whichever world is a popular map should determine whether or not the masses will greatly enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3. Recently, we also received a significant increase in requests for the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix to be released on the PS4. Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for that.

The most likely reason for this appears to be that they do not want to delay Kingdom Hearts III, as both HD 1.5 ReMIX & HD 2.5 ReMIX were both developed by the Kingdom Hearts team for unknown reasons. Tai Yasue stated in the interview linked above that they did not want Kingdom Hearts III delayed. Another likely reason is that the PlayStation 4 requires all games to have digital versions while both HD 1.5 ReMIX & HD 2.5 ReMIX did not on PlayStation 3, likely due to licensing issues.

Thanks go to @RedMakuzawa for the tip, Jess from Tumblr and Amber from Tumblr for the translation.

Click here to view the article

This is both good and bad: 

Good, because Nomura would have used the team behind Kingdom Hearts III to make it, thus delaying KH3

Bad, because I really want to play them on PS4 lol maybe later as an ultimate Xehanort Saga collection.

I am fine with this, Nomura needs to focus on his new titles (KH3 and FFVII). Square is expecting big things from him and he and his team don't have time to worry about ports. Consequently, this probably means DDD HD will not be coming anytime soon unless it has been in the works for a good amount of time.

It's less likely given the difference in the consoles. Plus Square themselves would specifically have to enable the backwards compatibility, which can probably isn't that likely for KH.

Anyway, I'm not fussed. It could only have been so much better anyway. Hopefully this isn't a knock on the DDD HD port that's totally coming.

I feel I always have to say this, but "not plans" isn't the same as "never plans"

It's something that could still happen, it's just not in the cards right now

But they can change that like what Microsoft did with the Xbox One, right? 

it's less likely for the PS3, since they used a really weird structure that's hard to duplicate, which means emulating it on PS4 would be more difficult than 360 on Xbox one

Also, XB1 backwards compaibility works on download games, which, as OP stated, KH1.5 and 2.5 never got

Not sure if Nomura is just keeping it secret until a proper announcement later in the year. Then again, if the Osaka team has their hands full making KH3 and Unchained Chi on the side, this might be true.

I'm ok with this as I have both collections any ways. It seems that if 1.5 and 2.5 were to hit the PS4 it certainly won't be until after the dust settles with KH3. This also gives Dream Drop Distance a chance to grow older and possibly be included, so who knows.