Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Would You Like to See the Old KH Game Rereleased with the KH3 Graphics Engine?

SHADE KH  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Classic KH w/ new shader?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only under certain circumstances

So we can avoid this unnecessary debate about delaying KH3, let's say this happened shortly after KH3 was released in English

A while ago, the 2003 Gamecube game The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker was released on the Wii U in HD

Something that made it a bit different from most HD rereleases was that it was a test for the new lighting engine for Zelda U, so graphically it looked significantly different from the original

So question

would you like to see that done to the old KH games? Basically run them through that fancy Kingdom Shader and see what happens?

I think that would be awesome, but yet doubtful because I don't see SE remaking the kh games that came out before kh3. 

it's not a remake, it's exactly like a remaster, just switching the shaders

Not really, I don't think there is a much of a point in my perspective. I mean the graphics with KH3 would work with KH2 due to how flashy the combat is there, but KH1? Its not that flashy, clunky really.

No, the graphics are good enough as they are and the ReMix made them look better, so it's a no from me.

Agreed. The HD remasters are goo enough. I don't want SE to milk the past KH titles to death like they have been doing with Final Fantasy VII.

I'm going to go with a yes. As great as the later titles stand, they are feeling slightly outdated (even with the HD Remixes with their upscaling). You seen the transition when Ratchet and Clank shifted from a PS2 engine to a PS4 engine, so, it's a great opportunity to really polish the games. Of course, place priority to Kingdom Hearts 3 first then go on with a Kingdom Shader remaster.