Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  

Unique Disney Characters In Keyblade Transformations

Posted Image

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to all you to re-evaluate this screenshot. For those who do not know, Pegasus from Hercules is not a "summon" (as he would have his own avatar icon), rather, he is part of many "Keyblade transformations" exclusive to Kingdom Hearts 3.

However, that's not the reason as to why I am posting this... no, the reason as to why I am posting this is because of Pegasus himself. Notice how his colour scheme is white and yellow as opposed to white and blue? that may not be too big of a deal until you come to realise that there is no other depiction of Pegasus like this at all! Not in the original Hercules movie nor in any Disneyland rides... this is the first Disney owned character that has a complete recolouring exclusively for Kingdom Hearts (as of posting this): this means two very important things!

1) Other Disney characters who do not fall into the protagonist, deuteragonist, tritagonist triangle can finally be used in battle through the means of Keyblade transformations. For instance, with a Frozen keyblade, you can have Olaf throw his body around as a Keyblade transformation whilst you have Elsa as a summon, or, you can have Iago as part of the Agrabah keyblade transformation who makes it rain diamonds and gold coins whilst you have Genie as a summon.

2) The keyblade transformation characters will be recoloured according to the Keyblade transformation. So, rather than having a black Bagheera for a Jungle Book Keyblade transformation, you may end up getting a green Bagheera as part of the keyblade transformation, or, rather than having a green Louis for the Princess and The Frog Keyblade transformation, you may end up getting a blue and black Louis for the Keyblade transformation.

Of course, it's not guaranteed as to whether all Disney world Keyblades will have a Disney character as part of their Keyblade transformation, however, I'm optimistic that this feature is not exclusive to the Mount Olympus Keyblade. So, what Disney character do you think should be a part of a Keyblade transformation?

Edited by Guest

That's an interesting theory, very interesting  :)

The fact that Pegasus has different colors than in the movie is really kinda odd and there must be reason for that. I remember some rumors about Toy Story being in KH3 due to a connection between Sora's twin blasters and Toy Story (don't know which though).

Sora won't be able to use all the transformations in the beginning, of course, so he must learn them in the course of the game, and there must be a reason why he learns them in the first way, a reason connected to the world he is at the moment, I think, so you could be really right with your thoughts.

I like all your examples, especially the Olaf one, but I can't think of any more by myself (sorry, I'm not good at that :/ )

That's an interesting theory, very interesting  :)

The fact that Pegasus has different colors than in the movie is really kinda odd and there must be reason for that. I remember some rumors about Toy Story being in KH3 due to a connection between Sora's twin blasters and Toy Story (don't know which though).

Sora won't be able to use all the transformations in the beginning, of course, so he must learn them in the course of the game, and there must be a reason why he learns them in the first way, a reason connected to the world he is at the moment, I think, so you could be really right with your thoughts.

I like all your examples, especially the Olaf one, but I can't think of any more by myself (sorry, I'm not good at that :/ )

Thanks! it's more of a semi-confirmed speculation as opposed to a "theory" per say.

As far as Toy Story being in Kingdom Hearts 3, rumours were about, because of the Keyblade used in the E3 presentation. The tip has a star reminiscent of a Sheriff's badge (Woody) whilst also having a space like design and glowing stars (Buzz). On top of that, one keyblade transformation is two shoot blasters (something a sheriff would use like Woody) whilst another transformation is a cannon is a rocket (something an astronaut uses to go space like Buzz). 

You are indeed right in stating that these Keyblade transformations may not be immediately available as that would make Sora too overpowered. Honestly, it's easy to think of a character for a Keyblade transformation. Here's the steps...

1) Think of a Disney world and its Keyblade (Eg: Big Hero 6's Keyblade)

2) Think of a Disney character (a memorable Disney character but not too important: Fred)

3) Think of how they could be used as a Keyblade transformation (Fred spins around with his high jump and swirls with fire) 

Or it could just be that is not Hercules Pegasus, but just a regular Greek methalogy pegasus used for this particular transformation. I think that would be more believable than saying that Hercules pegasus get a re coloring for just a keyblade transformation.

Or it could just be that is not Hercules Pegasus, but just a regular Greek methalogy pegasus used for this particular transformation. I think that would be more believable than saying that Hercules pegasus get a re coloring for just a keyblade transformation.

That definitely isn't the case. Disney is as strict as a catholic nun when it comes to their use of their characters in any capacity including copying character models, and with the fact that it came from the Mount Olympus Keyblade, it's evident that it is indeed Hercules Pegasus being used for the Keyblade transformation with a unique colouring.

Everybody knows that Square Enix (especially Tetsuya Nomura) is far more lavish, wild and elaborate when it comes to creating original creatures, and trust me, that Pegasus is Disney's Pegasus!

Thanks! it's more of a semi-confirmed speculation as opposed to a "theory" per say.

As far as Toy Story being in Kingdom Hearts 3, rumours were about, because of the Keyblade used in the E3 presentation. The tip has a star reminiscent of a Sheriff's badge (Woody) whilst also having a space like design and glowing stars (Buzz). On top of that, one keyblade transformation is two shoot blasters (something a sheriff would use like Woody) whilst another transformation is a cannon is a rocket (something an astronaut uses to go space like Buzz). 

You are indeed right in stating that these Keyblade transformations may not be immediately available as that would make Sora too overpowered. Honestly, it's easy to think of a character for a Keyblade transformation. Here's the steps...

1) Think of a Disney world and its Keyblade (Eg: Big Hero 6's Keyblade)

2) Think of a Disney character (a memorable Disney character but not too important: Fred)

3) Think of how they could be used as a Keyblade transformation (Fred spins around with his high jump and swirls with fire) 

Ok, so we have Tangled's keyblade, as character I would choose Pascal (at first i thought of Max but we already have Pegasus), and Pascal would attack the enemies very quick and unseen, because he's a chameleon and can adapt his color to the environment, or something like that  xD

(Btw I haven't seen Big Hero 6 yet, but your steps were still helpful)

Ok, so we have Tangled's keyblade, as character I would choose Pascal (at first i thought of Max but we already have Pegasus), and Pascal would attack the enemies very quick and unseen, because he's a chameleon and can adapt his color to the environment, or something like that  xD

(Btw I haven't seen Big Hero 6 yet, but your steps were still helpful)

You know what, you are a genius! I genuinely want this to actually happen with the Tangled Keyblade! It can legitimately work and be a very lethal Keyblade transformation! :ph34r:  :ohmy:  :biggrin:... kind of wish I thought of that now  :lol:

You know what, you are a genius! I genuinely want this to actually happen with the Tangled Keyblade! It can legitimately work and be a very lethal Keyblade transformation! :ph34r:  :ohmy:  :biggrin:... kind of wish I thought of that now  :lol:

Thanks for saying that, I thought it was a kinda lame idea, but if you like it I'm glad  :cool:

Thanks for saying that, I thought it was a kinda lame idea, but if you like it I'm glad  :cool:

I'm serious, I could honestly picture Square Enix doing something like that. Another idea I had was having Seargent Callahoun be the Keyblade transformation for the Wreck-it Ralph Keyblade and have her summon all her troopers to just outright shoot away the heartless whilst she's firing away her machine gun! xD

I'm serious, I could honestly picture Square Enix doing something like that. Another idea I had was having Seargent Callahoun be the Keyblade transformation for the Wreck-it Ralph Keyblade and have her summon all her troopers to just outright shoot away the heartless whilst she's firing away her machine gun! xD

I really should catch up on the last Disney movies before Kh3, haven't seen Wreck-it-Ralph either.But your idea sounds great xD

That definitely isn't the case. Disney is as strict as a catholic nun when it comes to their use of their characters in any capacity including copying character models, and with the fact that it came from the Mount Olympus Keyblade, it's evident that it is indeed Hercules Pegasus being used for the Keyblade transformation with a unique colouring. Everybody knows that Square Enix (especially Tetsuya Nomura) is far more lavish, wild and elaborate when it comes to creating original creatures, and trust me, that Pegasus is Disney's Pegasus!

I know Disney is super strict with thei properties but if that was the case than more to the point that Pegasus should had its regular color scheme instead. There is no point in re-introducing him now. But then again this is all just expeculation and it would be pretty cool if it were like you said. However having a character summon as a keyblade transformation for every world keyblade I think it would just lose it charm. It would still be neat tho

I know Disney is super strict with thei properties but if that was the case than more to the point that Pegasus should had its regular color scheme instead. There is no point in re-introducing him now. But then again this is all just expeculation and it would be pretty cool if it were like you said. However having a character summon as a keyblade transformation for every world keyblade I think it would just lose it charm. It would still be neat tho

That's why I used the strict property example. Unless it's Kingdom Hearts, Disney never outside sources the designs of their trademark characters. And to be honest, how would these minor Disney characters "lose their charm"? by being part of a Keybalde transformation? If anything, they'd gain more charm because they're being used outside of their own world.