Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AndrewHankinson

KH13 Contest: Share your fan-art & win 2 copies of the Kingdom Hearts manga

Hey everyone! Today marks the first anniversary of the KH13 community’s involvement in the social media pages. Also, the Disney D23 Expo is just around the corner so to celebrate we have decided to have another competition. This will be a fan-art competition that will running for TWO weeks, and will give creative individuals the chance to win the two volumes of the first Kingdom Hearts manga (translated in English by Yen Press).

Posted Image

To enter the competition you must create a fan-art which envisions what you’d like to see in Kingdom Hearts III. Throwing ideas out, this can mean multiple things like:

[*]Summons (characters or the newly announced attraction flow rides),

[*]Keyblade Transformations (weapons or gliders like in Birth by Sleep)

[*]Character Outfits (other characters’ outfits, drive forms, armour like in Birth by Sleep, or for different worlds)

Your fan-art must fall into one of the three categories (listed above) and it must be created specifically for this competition. Read on for more details.

How to enter:

[*]Upload your fanart to KH13 (either to the Fan-made Images gallery, or by making a new topic somewhere), and then put a link to your fan-art in the comments below so that we can find it easily.

[*]Fan-art must be related to Kingdom Hearts, fall into one of 3 categories above and it must be created specifically for the competition. You can enter multiple times if you want to increase your chances.

[*]At midnight EDT on August 27th, 2015, our team will deliberate and decide on our favourite fan-art submitted, contact the winner of the contest, and send them their copy of the first two Kingdom Hearts manga! This contest is open to everyone as long as the manga can be shipped to their location via Amazon, etc.

Good luck to everyone! Even if you don't win, there is still a chance we will feature your fan-art on the KH13 Community Twitter and the KH13 Tumblr. Above all, have fun!

Click here to view the article

Arent summons alone kind of limiting?

Shouldnt new worlds and new summons kind of be paired up instead of just summons alone? Summons in the end are just a game mechanic and not something you really end up interacting with, and as someone who is considering doing this contest, Id just like a little more leg room to work with, Id rather draw Sora being stupid around Anna from Frozen instead of being restricted to a Frozen summon, which would really either be Olaf or the freaking deer,moose-whatever thing, its been months since Ive seen the movie.

Point is, shouldnt drawings for worlds also be a thing?

Arent summons alone kind of limiting?

Shouldnt new worlds and new summons kind of be paired up instead of just summons alone? Summons in the end are just a game mechanic and not something you really end up interacting with, and as someone who is considering doing this contest, Id just like a little more leg room to work with, Id rather draw Sora being stupid around Anna from Frozen instead of being restricted to a Frozen summon, which would really either be Olaf or the freaking deer,moose-whatever thing, its been months since Ive seen the movie.

Point is, shouldnt drawings for worlds also be a thing?

Summon could be Sora with Anna, doesn't have to be restricted. I guess your right, I'll see what the others think.

Well, it looks like I have an excuse to draw again haha! Cheers for this competition.

Arent summons alone kind of limiting?Shouldnt new worlds and new summons kind of be paired up instead of just summons alone? Summons in the end are just a game mechanic and not something you really end up interacting with, and as someone who is considering doing this contest, Id just like a little more leg room to work with, Id rather draw Sora being stupid around Anna from Frozen instead of being restricted to a Frozen summon, which would really either be Olaf or the freaking deer,moose-whatever thing, its been months since Ive seen the movie.Point is, shouldnt drawings for worlds also be a thing?

I'm not sure how it's limiting considering all you need to draw is one scene of the summon in action. I'me sure that alone will take enough room. The thing with worlds is that they are so expansive that they really could be their own contest. Also this is what you'd like to see in KHIII not what will probably be in KHIII. Anything goes. And lol at the "freaking deer moose-whatever thing" (also known as a reindeer).

That's OK. There will be plenty of different contests coming up.

hopefully, I do have an orgimal sort of Keyblade design based on Bill Cypher but I cant draw good enough to make it look super good let alone as a tansformation  

I'm not sure how it's limiting considering all you need to draw is one scene of the summon in action. I'me sure that alone will take enough room. The thing with worlds is that they are so expansive that they really could be their own contest. Also this is what you'd like to see in KHIII not what will probably be in KHIII. Anything goes. And lol at the "freaking deer moose-whatever thing" (also known as a reindeer).

Posted Image

On a serious note though, Ive got some questions regarding what you said.

First off,"Also this is what you'd like to see in KHIII not what will probably be in KHIII. Anything goes." This statement is straight out contradicting the rules. If I were to submit my stupid little drawing of Sora getting bashed in the head by Rapunzel for example(which I pray does happen), I couldnt because Im forced to fall into one of three categories that are listed above in the rules. Im not allowed to think "anything goes" because Im limited to these 3 options:

1. "scene of the summon in action"

2. Weapons

3. Kairi(or any character) with a different outfit

This doesnt allow me to draw stupid scenarios with these characters, scenarios that I would like to see in KH3.

Side note: Did you say "what probably will be in KH3" cause I used Frozen as an example? Cause I sincerely WANT that world to be in there, high probabilities aside.

Second, "The thing with worlds is that they are so expansive that they really could be their own contest."

Yes, they probably could, and you could probably still do that, but if the topic of this contest is what wed like to see in KH3, why not add that too?It seems weird to just cut something as big as worlds off since its one of the most debated things on this site, that being what new worlds we want to see.

Lastly, " And lol at the "freaking deer moose-whatever thing" (also known as a reindeer). "

IT WAS 3:45 IN THE MORNING AND I WAS RUNNING ON FUMES, DONT JUDGE ME SO HARSHLY FOR BEING DUMB!

Ok, just to clarify things with this contest.

We are basing this contest off the newly introduced features of Kingdom Hearts III using inspiration from the trailers (and possibly more at D23). This has been condensed to the 3 categories which each have lots of possibilities.

• For the costumes, it doesn't necessarily need to be Sora and/or it could be a costume for a world like Halloween Town.
  • Or for the summons, it could be like links in BBS, character summons in KH 1/2 or an expansion of other attraction ride options you think could become available.
  • And finally with keybalde transformations that could be for weaponry changes like guns, transport like the gliders or even transformations that could help out specifically in a world. 

We hope to focus future contest themes on KH3 worlds, so decided to leave them out of this contest and focus more on something else. This in no way means Disney/SE worlds can't have an influence on the 3 categories; ie a summon could be Wreck-it Ralph, Sora could wear winter clothes instead of shorts in Arendelle, the Keyblade could turn into a bow and arrow for in Sherwood forest; the list can go on! 

The main point of this contest is to have fun! So if you want to participate give it a try even if you don't think you can draw well; you might surprise yourself and win the the 2 manga! I look forward to seeing all your ideas and hopes for the game. :)

Edited by AndrewHankinson

Posted Image

On a serious note though, Ive got some questions regarding what you said.

First off,"Also this is what you'd like to see in KHIII not what will probably be in KHIII. Anything goes." This statement is straight out contradicting the rules. If I were to submit my stupid little drawing of Sora getting bashed in the head by Rapunzel for example(which I pray does happen), I couldnt because Im forced to fall into one of three categories that are listed above in the rules. Im not allowed to think "anything goes" because Im limited to these 3 options:[/size]

1. "[/size]scene of the summon in action"[/size]

2. Weapons[/size]

3. Kairi(or any character) with a different outfit[/size]

This doesnt allow me to draw stupid scenarios with these characters, scenarios that I would like to see in KH3.[/size]

Side note: Did you say "what probably will be in KH3" cause I used Frozen as an example? Cause I sincerely WANT that world to be in there, high probabilities aside.

Second, "The thing with worlds is that they are so expansive that they really could be their own contest."[/size]

Yes, they probably could, and you could probably still do that, but if the topic of this contest is what wed like to see in KH3, why not add that too?It seems weird to just cut something as big as worlds off since its one of the most debated things on this site, that being what new worlds we want to see.

Lastly, " And lol at the "freaking deer moose-whatever thing" (also known as a reindeer). "[/size]

IT WAS 3:45 IN THE MORNING AND I WAS RUNNING ON FUMES, DONT JUDGE ME SO HARSHLY FOR BEING DUMB![/size]

I wasn't calling you dumb. You actually made me laugh.

When I said anything goes, I meant anything goes WITHIN (not yelling here - I'm on my phone and I don't have the ability to use italics) those three categories. I can't speak for the others, but those three themes are all "simple" aspects of the game. There is so much you can do with a world prompt that it doesn't really fit with the other categories. There is a lot more creativity that could be expressed giving those entries a seemingly unfair advantage. We don't want members to feel like they have no chance of winning because some categories could have entries that will outshine the others. I'm looking for an idea that catches my eye and not an interpretation of a prompt. That being said, Repunszel hitting someone with a frying pan can be a summon - but no one would want a summon to hit Sora. The idea is hilarious though, just save it for another contest.

Finally I said NOT "probably what will be in KHIII" so anything Frozen (that fits within the categories) is fair game because you want to see it happen. You could draw Sora in what he would wear in a frozen world. The point I was getting at was that you could draw Anna as a summon even though that most likely won't happen.

Now that I think about it, the categories are limiting, but that's the idea behind the theme of this contest.

im from malaysia, so can i enter this competition?

i have a feeling its for america only.

:(

Yes. As said above "This contest is open to everyone as long as the manga can be shipped to their location via Amazon, etc." So that's practically anywhere. :) 

Here are my two entries! :D

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/89919-my-entry-for-the-kh13-kh-manga-contest/

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/89985-one-more-entry-for-the-kh13-fan-art-competition/

Good luck everyone! :3

Edit: Aw crud, I didn't meet the requirements of the competition! D:  Oh well, there's always next time! ^_^

Edited by The Transcendent Key