Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

What Motomu Toriyama's project could be in order of how likely

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Final Fantasy X-3? Or would you prefer Motomu Toriyama to be making something else?

• Yes, I would love Final Fantasy X-3.
    • I would want to see X-3 before I make a judgement on it.
    • I would prefer a prequel to Final Fantasy X.
    • I would prefer Toriyama to bring back the Parasite Eve franchise.
    • I would prefer Toriyama to be directing the new Front Mission.
    • He's probably working on VII Remake, that's enough for me.

He's the director of my favorite series in the world. But outside of him if it's a good game I really don't care who directs it.

Well whatever you think, Toriyama will be directing X-3 if it's happening.

Well whatever you think, Toriyama will be directing X-3 if it's happening.

And that's a good thing. He's always directed good games in my opinion. If you get a really bad director then that's not good. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't base my excitement on games by who's directing them.

And that's a good thing. He's always directed good games in my opinion. If you get a really bad director then that's not good. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't base my excitement on games by who's directing them.

Well not just that, he directed the first two. Haha.

Well not just that, he directed the first two. Haha.

True, but in my honest opinion he messed up with X-2. I know there's people here who like it, and I respect their opinions, but for me it was really bad. The first was legendary though and I hope the first will inherit more from that game if it happens. Honestly though I think there's a good chance it won't since there's nothing to suggest it.

True, but in my honest opinion he messed up with X-2. I know there's people here who like it, and I respect their opinions, but for me it was really bad. The first was legendary though and I hope the first will inherit more from that game if it happens. Honestly though I think there's a good chance it won't since there's nothing to suggest it.

Ummm, there is. Yuna is clearly back in her Summoner garb for one. Yuna was different in X-2 because Sin was gone and she could be a lot more open and free and just do whatever she wanted now it's more serious again since Sin is back.

Ummm, there is. Yuna is clearly back in her Summoner garb for one. Yuna was different in X-2 because Sin was gone and she could be a lot more open and free and just do whatever she wanted now it's more serious again since Sin is back.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. That Type-0 secret ending would make you think there was a sequel, but nothing yet.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. That Type-0 secret ending would make you think there was a sequel, but nothing yet.

You're seriously going to compare that?

Motomu Toriyama has confirmed he is going to be revealing his new title this year.

Hajime Tabata is far too busy with Final Fantasy XV to direct Type-1 yet.

You're seriously going to compare that?

Motomu Toriyama has confirmed he is going to be revealing his new title this year.

Hajime Tabata is far too busy with Final Fantasy XV to direct Type-1 yet.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyway I could be. I just don't see them jumping back into X after all these years.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyway I could be. I just don't see them jumping back into X after all these years.

Well if you don't think its X-3, what do you think it is?

FFX is my 3rd favourite game ever. I absouletely LOVE FFX. Life changing story for sure, but I'm not sure about FFX-3. FFX-2 has multiple endings, so which ending would FFX-3 use to continue the series? I'm worried they might mess it up or do something stupid with it... If FFX-3 was to happen, it has to be done in such a way that it pays homage to the original whilst adding it's own new ideas. I felt bringing back Tidus was stupid, it just ruined the ending of FFX and made his sacrifice meaningless. FFX-3 seems risky, but it's a sequel to one of my favourite games ever so of course I'll get it. If Toriyama said FFX-3 is never happening I would be fine with it but if FFX-3 does get announced I'll be happy as well. I just don't want the legacy being tarnished.

That being said, I just read the choices I could vote for at the top of the page. I would LOVE a prequel with Jecht, Braska and Auron. I would buy that without hesitation. Auron in the recent FF7 HD trailer could also be a nod towards a prequel, not just a sequel

Edited by TheNinjasJoint

I can. Why not?

Just seems a bit odd to release three spin-offs on PS4 along with XV and an expansion pack for FFXIV and many, many ports between 2016 & 2017. People would grow tired of the series.

Just seems a bit odd to release three spin-offs on PS4 along with XV and an expansion pack for FFXIV and many, many ports between 2016 & 2017. People would grow tired of the series.

I wouldn't. World of Final Fantasy looks amazing.

Motomu Toriyama confirmed he is working hard on a new project that will be announced this year. With E3 and Gamescom past we have yet to see Toriyama or any of the core Lightning Returns team with the exception of Yoshinori Kitase who is producing FFVII Remake and Isamu Kamikokuryo who could work on Toriyama's project once his work on XV is finished. I have ordered the possible titles in order of how likely they're with some facts to support each one.

Final Fantasy X-3

• Kazushige Nojima's infamous novella X-2.5 - bit odd to have a 2.5 without a 3.
  • Nojima's audio drama that follows X-2.5 - opens up even more possibilities
  • Nojima admitting he would like to see a X-3
  • X/X-2 HD's amazing sales. - 1.5 million copies sold by September 2014. Over 500,000 in Japan alone.
  • X & X/X-2 HD's recent awards
  • Square Enix's quick PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster that still includes the audio drama.
  • Toriyama being on the Final Fantasy Committee, a small committee that includes only people helming AAA Final Fantasy games.
  • Shintaro Takai, art director of the Final Fantasy X series including X/X-2 HD and Daisuke Watanabe (scenario writer on X & X-2) are both without their names attached to any announced projects.
  • Verendus from NeoGAF, who knew about VII Remake, World of Final Fantasy and Nier New Project before their announcement believes a X spin-off is in development
  • ff-reunion.net, who reported about the Committee first, thinks Toriyama is making X-3.
  • What appears to be Auron spotted in Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Toriyama said in 2010 he'd really like to remake VII.
  • He was an event planner on the original game making famous scenes like cross-dressing Cloud, his work here set up his career.
  • The game has a special place in Toriyama's heart. He and Kitase had personal discussions about remaking VII in the past.
  • Toriyama was the developer of the FFVII Tech Demo for PS3.
  • Toriyama's "personal favourite moment from the series is the opening scene of FFVII"
  • Tetsuya Nomura has a co-director on all of his projects. The most experienced AAA HD director in the company who also worked on the original game would be a pretty good choice.
  • If he isn't the game's co-director he could also easily be the event director, a role he has been amazing with.

New Front Mission

• Siliconera recently learnt from a source at Square Enix that a new Front Mission game is in development.
  • Motomu Toriyama was the senior scriptwriter for Front Mission Evolved and "
    ".

New Parasite Eve

• Scenario director on The 3rd Birthday
  • Verendus from NeoGAF, who knew about VII Remake, World of Final Fantasy and Nier New Project before their announcement says a new Parasite Eve is in development.
  • Protagonist of the Parasite Eve franchise featured on a poster in the FFVII Remake trailer.

New Final Fantasy spin-off

• Toriyama being on the Final Fantasy Committee, a small committee that includes only people helming AAA Final Fantasy games. He is almost certain to be working on at least one Final Fantasy title in some capacity.

Motomu Toriyama confirmed he is working hard on a new project that will be announced this year. With E3 and Gamescom past we have yet to see Toriyama or any of the core Lightning Returns team with the exception of Yoshinori Kitase who is producing FFVII Remake and Isamu Kamikokuryo who could work on Toriyama's project once his work on XV is finished. I have ordered the possible titles in order of how likely they're with some facts to support each one.

Final Fantasy X-3

• Kazushige Nojima's infamous novella X-2.5 - bit odd to have a 2.5 without a 3.
  • Nojima's audio drama that follows X-2.5 - opens up even more possibilities
  • Nojima admitting he would like to see a X-3
  • X/X-2 HD's amazing sales. - 1.5 million copies sold by September 2014. Over 500,000 in Japan alone.
  • X & X/X-2 HD's recent awards
  • Square Enix's quick PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster that still includes the audio drama.
  • Toriyama being on the Final Fantasy Committee, a small committee that includes only people helming AAA Final Fantasy games.
  • Shintaro Takai, art director of the Final Fantasy X series including X/X-2 HD and Daisuke Watanabe (scenario writer on X & X-2) are both without their names attached to any announced projects.
  • Verendus from NeoGAF, who knew about VII Remake, World of Final Fantasy and Nier New Project before their announcement believes a X spin-off is in development
  • ff-reunion.net, who reported about the Committee first, thinks Toriyama is making X-3.
  • What appears to be Auron spotted in Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Toriyama said in 2010 he'd really like to remake VII.
  • He was an event planner on the original game making famous scenes like cross-dressing Cloud, his work here set up his career.
  • The game has a special place in Toriyama's heart. He and Kitase had personal discussions about remaking VII in the past.
  • Toriyama was the developer of the FFVII Tech Demo for PS3.
  • Toriyama's "personal favourite moment from the series is the opening scene of FFVII"
  • Tetsuya Nomura has a co-director on all of his projects. The most experienced AAA HD director in the company who also worked on the original game would be a pretty good choice.
  • If he isn't the game's co-director he could also easily be the event director, a role he has been amazing with.

New Front Mission

• Siliconera recently learnt from a source at Square Enix that a new Front Mission game is in development.
  • Motomu Toriyama was the senior scriptwriter for Front Mission Evolved and "
    ".

New Parasite Eve

• Scenario director on The 3rd Birthday
  • Verendus from NeoGAF, who knew about VII Remake, World of Final Fantasy and Nier New Project before their announcement says a new Parasite Eve is in development.
  • Protagonist of the Parasite Eve franchise featured on a poster in the FFVII Remake trailer.

New Final Fantasy spin-off

• Toriyama being on the Final Fantasy Committee, a small committee that includes only people helming AAA Final Fantasy games. He is almost certain to be working on at least one Final Fantasy title in some capacity.

Man, you must have great interest in what ever the title is! And so do I!