Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

What Motomu Toriyama's project could be in order of how likely

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Final Fantasy X-3? Or would you prefer Motomu Toriyama to be making something else?

• Yes, I would love Final Fantasy X-3.
    • I would want to see X-3 before I make a judgement on it.
    • I would prefer a prequel to Final Fantasy X.
    • I would prefer Toriyama to bring back the Parasite Eve franchise.
    • I would prefer Toriyama to be directing the new Front Mission.
    • He's probably working on VII Remake, that's enough for me.

Motomu Toriyama said he'd reveal his new title in 2015 and recently Siliconera revealed a new Front Mission title is in development. Toriyama is no stranger to the Front Mission series having worked on Front Mission Evolved as the Senior Scriptwriter and as the Design Director on Front Mission Evolved said "he has a real love for the series".

Another possible title is Parasite Eve, Square Enix said in their fiscal report that they're rebooting old IPs, and Parasite Eve made a cameo in the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer and Toriyama was the Scenario Director on The 3rd Birthday.

The only other situations which appear possible now is a Final Fantasy spin-off or a new IP. The dream of Final Fantasy X-3 appears over at least until the Final Fantasy VII remake is completed.

Let's hope he doesn't direct anything especially the FFVII remake

"I am currently working hard on the next project.
We will be able to announce it in 2015, so please look forward to that!"

Bahahaha.

Nomura's directing the VII remake.

If they're going to make FFX-3, as much as I don't want them to, then I want to see it before I say anything or make any sort of judgement.

But truly, I want to see what Mr. Toriyama is directing, hopefully a New I.P.

Well if you want a new IP, Square Enix's new studio is making one.

A new studio, hmm?

Also, what's your best guess on what Toriyama is working on?

Tokyo RPG Factory, they're making that Project Setsuna.

X-3.

I honestly don't want a X-3 after X-2 I just don't care to see X's story messed with anymore

Well Nojima made that audio drama and novella which are canon.

Tokyo RPG Factory, they're making that Project Setsuna.

X-3.

Well Nojima made that audio drama and novella which are canon.

Hmmm...that seems quite interesting actually!

And yeah, honestly, that was my best guess too.

*Curses the fact that the Audio Drama and Novella are canon*

Hmmm...that seems quite interesting actually!

And yeah, honestly, that was my best guess too.

*Curses the fact that the Audio Drama and Novella are canon*

Well yeah, that's exactly it. Nojima decided to write a novella called X-2.5 and an audio drama that's included in all ports including a follow up port for PS4. Makes sense to me. Audio drama is very crazy to be fair, but it just makes the most sense and at least with a X-3 they can fix everything.

Well yeah, that's exactly it. Nojima decided to write a novella called X-2.5 and an audio drama that's included in all ports including a follow up port for PS4. Makes sense to me. Audio drama is very crazy to be fair, but it just makes the most sense and at least with a X-3 they can fix everything.

My main problem, which is also shared with X-2, is that both X-2.5 and the Audio Drama, which is basically X-2.9 or X-3 Prologue all make everything ever done in FFX completely pointless and irrelevant.

FFX-2 made Tidus's Sacrifice pointless, even after it was said he'd disappear forever. That wasn't so bad really, I could live with Tidus living again as a real person. What I absolutely cannot live with is the entirety of FFX-2.5. Tidus dying, getting revived as an asshole who would disappear if his origins are mentioned, the Farplane going crazy and bring back the dead and Sin, the one thing we worked so hard to finally kill off permanently and bring the Eternal Calm...and it's alive again, along with potentially Seymour, Auron, Jecht, Braska, Belgimine, Lulu's previous Summoner and who knows who else? Rendering the entire journey that was FFX absolutely in vain and pointless.

That's why I am really uncomfortable with the idea of FFX-3. :/ 

My main problem, which is also shared with X-2, is that both X-2.5 and the Audio Drama, which is basically X-2.9 or X-3 Prologue all make everything ever done in FFX completely pointless and irrelevant.

FFX-2 made Tidus's Sacrifice pointless, even after it was said he'd disappear forever. That wasn't so bad really, I could live with Tidus living again as a real person. What I absolutely cannot live with is the entirety of FFX-2.5. Tidus dying, getting revived as an asshole who would disappear if his origins are mentioned, the Farplane going crazy and bring back the dead and Sin, the one thing we worked so hard to finally kill off permanently and bring the Eternal Calm...and it's alive again, along with potentially Seymour, Auron, Jecht, Braska, Belgimine, Lulu's previous Summoner and who knows who else? Rendering the entire journey that was FFX absolutely in vain and pointless.

That's why I am really uncomfortable with the idea of FFX-3. :/

Well you can look at it that way or think "We can get things set right forever."

Well you can look at it that way or think "We can get things set right forever."

Only if they do it right.

I don't have much faith personally, but it's certainly better than my prior complete lack of faith when I first saw X-2.5 and the Audio Drama.

Do you have confidence in X-3?

Only if they do it right.

I don't have much faith personally, but it's certainly better than my prior complete lack of faith when I first saw X-2.5 and the Audio Drama.

Do you have confidence in X-3?

I am a Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase fanboy. Nuff said. :P

Then that's all you need to say. xP

Your confidence gives me a bit of confidence. So I'm still interested in how X-3 shall turn out. :)

I can also add that in addition to the director & producer of the original games returning, you'll also have the art director and all four scenario writers.

I can also add that in addition to the director & producer of the original games returning, you'll also have the art director and all four scenario writers.

...now I am genuinely interested in what happens.

I remain somewhat sceptical, but I say bring X-3 on! I want to see how it turns out.

Edited by Corrupted Shinnok