Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  

Who should be the tutorial character for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Who should be the tutorial character for Kingdom Hearts 3?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the tutorial character for Kingdom Hearts 3?

I'll provide more details here later...

Young Xehanort: As he was in the beginning of the game, and, it is the end of his saga, it's a fitting finale for his final debut as the villain.

Young Eraqus: As he was in the beginning of the game and Xehanort's bestie, it would be fitting to add further sympathy and exposition to Eraqus.

Kairi: As he was in the secret ending for Dream Drop Distance, her tutorial could be a condensed mark of mastery examination and the first playable Princess of Heart.

Lea: As he unintentionally realised that he is able to wield a Keyblade: he would need to understand the responsibilities of being a Keyblade wielder, and, we can get more backstory to Lea's bestie: Isa.

Edited by Guest

As much as we want to play as Kairi for the first time ever, I feel Xehanort would be more interesting in terms of "perspective".

Sure, we know him as the big evil doer of the whole saga, but, he's still sort of a mystery.

We might just REALLY find out why he chose to go on the dark path alone.

~~~

Then again, Eraqus seems to be an interesting one too.

I feel like there are some parallels between him, Xehanort, Sora, and Riku.

But hey! Ya know!

Xehanort seems more interesting xD

I'd love to play as Young Eraqus in the tutorial. He's a fascinating character and we actually know nothing about him and his relationship with Xehanort, so it would be cool to get an insight of that. Besides, maybe we will see why got his scar from Xehanort back then  :) .

Edited by Felixx

*screams from the rooftops*

KAIIIIIIIIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

seriously it makes the most sense because she's probably the most inexperienced and they don't have an excuse to magically make Sora lose all of his abilities again. 

I'd love more back story to Lea personally, but I really wouldn't mind who we play as, so long as Kairi no longer needs to depend on Sora and Riku all the time.

None of them.

How cool would it be if we play as Ephemera during the Keyblade War in his point of view and he experiences something that could be important for the 7 vs 13 light battle. It would be unexpected and exciting. Don't know how it would fit as a tutorial, but at least a flashback would be nice.

We can still play as Xehanort after the regular story is finished and we unlock "Xehanort Mode" to experience the story from his perspective.

I want to play as Kairi, no doubt about it. I wouldn't mind playing as Eraqus, Xehanort, or Lea either, but my heart is set on playing as Kairi; she deserves a chance to be a playable character, and with her being the most inexperienced in battle and magic it would only make the most sense.

I was going to vote on Lea, but when I saw Young Master Xehanort on the poll, I had to vote for him!  It's likely we'll get to use him for the first two hours of the game or so, since Nomura said that his conversation with Young Eraqus is the beginning of the game!  It would be so amazing to use him, I'd be all psyched up for it! :D

I think it'd be great to play as Young Eraqus first, but honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with any of those 4 characters.

:lol: there's always that one person who answers like that; same here, I wouldn't mind any of the four, however, as a choice: I'm going with Young Xehanort. It's his saga, and, we can finally understand what stems him to become so ruthless.

As much as we want to play as Kairi for the first time ever, I feel Xehanort would be more interesting in terms of "perspective".Sure, we know him as the big evil doer of the whole saga, but, he's still sort of a mystery.We might just REALLY find out why he chose to go on the dark path alone.~~~Then again, Eraqus seems to be an interesting one too.I feel like there are some parallels between him, Xehanort, Sora, and Riku.But hey! Ya know!Xehanort seems more interesting xD

Exactly my thoughts: you never know, there's usually a third female character in every trio, and, seeing as she hasn't been theoretically introduced yet, maybe she might be Xehanorts desire to recreate the world in his own image. Seeing as Birth by Sleep was heavily re-imagining the lore of Star Wars, I can assume that Xehanort may have had a romantic interest with that female member, however, his master may have forbidden this romantic relationship in order to ensure the trio are disciplined properly. I know this is fanfic territory, however, I can imagine him wanting to find her again even through the powers of darkness, however, Xehanorts obsession of control and idealism may have erased his mission to find that third member of the trio which results in the "empty-hearted" Xehanort we now know. 

I'd love to play as Young Eraqus in the tutorial. He's a fascinating character and we actually know nothing about him and his relationship with Xehanort, so it would be cool to get an insight of that. Besides, maybe we will see why got his scar from Xehanort back then  :) .

Eraqus is definitely deserving of more explanation. Especially because he's drastically different as an adult as opposed to a child. He's naive and innocent as a child (like Sora) yet he is like a Yen-Sid like figure by the time he turns to an adult: I always wondered as to why that is the case...

None. I would play as Sora.

Dude, you're gonna play as Sora anyway: having a tutorial character adds to the diversity of character selection

None of them.

How cool would it be if we play as Ephemera during the Keyblade War in his point of view and he experiences something that could be important for the 7 vs 13 light battle. It would be unexpected and exciting. Don't know how it would fit as a tutorial, but at least a flashback would be nice.

We can still play as Xehanort after the regular story is finished and we unlock "Xehanort Mode" to experience the story from his perspective.

That isn't entirely out of the question to be honest. Not only do we have the Roxas situation all over again (in which it is a character people know little about), but, it'd be the closest thing to Chi/Unchained Chi being a Kingdom Hearts game in the Kingdom Shader.

I'd love more back story to Lea personally, but I really wouldn't mind who we play as, so long as Kairi no longer needs to depend on Sora and Riku all the time.

I like Lea: he's very competitive and has a daredevil like personality. Now that he isn't associated with Organisation XIII: he can finally shine in the spotlight as a "different" Keyblade wielder!

I want to play as Kairi, no doubt about it. I wouldn't mind playing as Eraqus, Xehanort, or Lea either, but my heart is set on playing as Kairi; she deserves a chance to be a playable character, and with her being the most inexperienced in battle and magic it would only make the most sense.

It's a sad reality when the first playable female character turns out to be Larxene out of all characters. Back to topic, Kairi would have definitely developed after the Mark of Mastery. Disney has also been creating strong females characters lately, so, they'd also suggest ways in which Kairi will be more of a strong figure. She really is a special character as she's not only a princess of heart, but, she's also a theoretical guardian of light. Hopefully, Kingdom Hearts 3 does her justice.

I rather have Young Xehanort instead. Too much Kairi fanboys here........

Actually, as of writing this, Young Eraqus is just behind by one point  :biggrin:

I know. We're going to play as Sora anyway so I don't see the point of having a tutorial character.

We had Roxas as a tutorial character in KH2, I don't think that was pointless. By having a tutorial character we learn more about him, his past, his intentions and so on.

Eraqus is definitely deserving of more explanation. Especially because he's drastically different as an adult as opposed to a child. He's naive and innocent as a child (like Sora) yet he is like a Yen-Sid like figure by the time he turns to an adult: I always wondered as to why that is the case...

That's exactly what I mean. I know many people want to play as YX, but for me Eraqus is the more mysterious one. Were he and Xehanort really friends at a time? What did he really know about the Keyblade War (I'm sure he knew more than he said in the trailer, like YX said :"You can drop the facade" )? I'd just like to know the answers to those questions  xD

Edited by Felixx

:lol: there's always that one person who answers like that; same here, I wouldn't mind any of the four, however, as a choice: I'm going with Young Xehanort. It's his saga, and, we can finally understand what stems him to become so ruthless.   Exactly my thoughts: you never know, there's usually a third female character in every trio, and, seeing as she hasn't been theoretically introduced yet, maybe she might be Xehanorts desire to recreate the world in his own image. Seeing as Birth by Sleep was heavily re-imagining the lore of Star Wars, I can assume that Xehanort may have had a romantic interest with that female member, however, his master may have forbidden this romantic relationship in order to ensure the trio are disciplined properly. I know this is fanfic territory, however, I can imagine him wanting to find her again even through the powers of darkness, however, Xehanorts obsession of control and idealism may have erased his mission to find that third member of the trio which results in the "empty-hearted" Xehanort we now know.   Eraqus is definitely deserving of more explanation. Especially because he's drastically different as an adult as opposed to a child. He's naive and innocent as a child (like Sora) yet he is like a Yen-Sid like figure by the time he turns to an adult: I always wondered as to why that is the case...   Dude, you're gonna play as Sora anyway: having a tutorial character adds to the diversity of character selection   That isn't entirely out of the question to be honest. Not only do we have the Roxas situation all over again (in which it is a character people know little about), but, it'd be the closest thing to Chi/Unchained Chi being a Kingdom Hearts game in the Kingdom Shader.   I like Lea: he's very competitive and has a daredevil like personality. Now that he isn't associated with Organisation XIII: he can finally shine in the spotlight as a "different" Keyblade wielder!   It's a sad reality when the first playable female character turns out to be Larxene out of all characters. Back to topic, Kairi would have definitely developed after the Mark of Mastery. Disney has also been creating strong females characters lately, so, they'd also suggest ways in which Kairi will be more of a strong figure. She really is a special character as she's not only a princess of heart, but, she's also a theoretical guardian of light. Hopefully, Kingdom Hearts 3 does her justice.  Actually, as of writing this, Young Eraqus is just behind by one point  :biggrin:

Yeah that could be true also.I mean there are some villains out there who'd do bad things in order to see their love again no matter what.

I voted for Young Eraqus because I feel that of the 4 options he is the one we know the least about. Yes we do not know much about Young Xehanort but we know what his future holds. I want to see Eraqus before he was the wise master we saw in BBS.

PLEASE let it be Lea. Its the most appropriate since he's not that experienced with the Keyblade as the others and it makes sense to learn the controls while playing as him

We had Roxas as a tutorial character in KH2, I don't think that was pointless. By having a tutorial character we learn more about him, his past, his intentions and so on.

That's exactly what I mean. I know many people want to play as YX, but for me Eraqus is the more mysterious one. Were he and Xehanort really friends at a time? What did he really know about the Keyblade War (I'm sure he knew more than he said in the trailer, like YX said :"You can drop the facade" )? I'd just like to know the answers to those questions  xD

I voted for Young Eraqus because I feel that of the 4 options he is the one we know the least about. Yes we do not know much about Young Xehanort but we know what his future holds. I want to see Eraqus before he was the wise master we saw in BBS.

Eraqus must have done something to have fractured his friendship with Xehanort. To add to that, his personality change from Sora like to Yen Sid like deserves an explanation!

Yeah that could be true also.I mean there are some villains out there who'd do bad things in order to see their love again no matter what.

Seeing as Disney is more heavily involved with this game and they're the premier company for "shipping": it adds a bit more romance to a game called Kingdom "Hearts".

PLEASE let it be Lea. Its the most appropriate since he's not that experienced with the Keyblade as the others and it makes sense to learn the controls while playing as him

And that is exactly as to why I placed him as a tutorial character. He's so out of place now that he's a Keyblade wielder, and besides, we need to know more about the organisation somebodies and their backstories.