Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Rumour: New Parasite Eve game to be revealed at TGS, directed by Toriyama

An anonymous user on 4chan.com claims a new Parasite Eve game directed by Motomu Toriyama will be announced at Tokyo Game Show 2015.

While this source isn't something to get excited about it's far from the first time we've had talk of a new Parasite Eve.

Square Enix said in their fiscal report that they're rebooting old IPs and Aya Brea made a cameo in the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer. Additionally, Verendus from NeoGAF said a new Parasite Eve is in development.

Motomu Toriyama was of course the scenario director on The 3rd Birthday. Yoshinori Kitase was also producer of The 3rd Birthday, and Toriyama confirmed he's in Kitase's division.

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day. The series' sales were never anything to brag about. This is good cause if they'll keep PE going they'll do the same for Chrono one day.

Ummm, what's wrong with four million copies sold for 3 mid-budget titles? One of which wasn't even released worldwide.

Hashimoto said Chrono didn't sell well enough, and again the team behind Chrono Cross is long gone.

I've always wanted to play Parasite Eve. I've even been tempted to buy a PSP for 3rd Birthday.

I say go for it! I got a PSP for The 3rd Birthday, Crisis Core & Dissidia 012 earlier this year. I thought The 3rd Birthday was great!

>4chan.com

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Although speaking of The 3rd Birthday, it really wasn't a fun game. I expected so much more when it came out. If a new Parasite Eve is in the works I'd rather it be like the old ones and not The 3rd Birthday.

I sure hope this is true. The 3rd Birthday was really good and it could be even better if they put it on PS4.

Tabata already said no.

>4chan.com

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Although speaking of The 3rd Birthday, it really wasn't a fun game. I expected so much more when it came out. If a new Parasite Eve is in the works I'd rather it be like the old ones and not The 3rd Birthday.

I already have, it just adds to what we've seen/heard in the past.

Update: VII Remake trailer poster was just something Visual Works threw in. Comments made earlier this year by the director of the original Parasite Eve makes it sound like there wasn't a new Parasite Eve in the works earlier this year.

In other words: Motomu Toriyama's project is Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy X-3 or that new Front Mission Siliconera claims is in development.