Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Kitase discusses remaking FFVII's battle system

During the interview, Famitsu states that the hurdle of making a high-end remake for Final Fantasy VII must be quite high.

“As far as its visual direction goes, we already have a good idea. On the other hand, we’re in advancing through trial-and-errors as far as the battle system goes,” said Kitase.

There’s a possibility that they won’t go with a command-based battle for the Final Fantasy VII remake, so they’re being extra careful on where to take it from here.

Square Enix is being careful not to just make it into a regular remake where it might seem like a familiar action RPG that we’ve seen before, so they’re looking to find a way to have something that can bring out a surprising Final Fantasy VII element to it.

“Please don’t ask us how far along we are in its development,” Kitase said with a laugh.

I would really like it if they made it into an action rpg or at least realtime like crisis core,I mean if they are gonna make changes to story they could do this as well,plus this gives me a reason to play both the original and remake.

That could be interesting.  The original battle system is classic to Final Fantasy and would give it that old feel that I so greatly miss in the FF series, but I could also see a battle system similar to FF XIII also prove to be interesting.  I'm not sure how they could fully replicate that system, however, with the paradigm shift and all.  Personally I would love the feel of the old battle system, or something greatly resembling Crisis Core.

SE have kinda deadlocked themselves in a position where they are going to disappoint alot of people no matter how their gameplay for this ends up

Personally, i'm hoping for something more ARPG similiar to Crisis Core or Type-0, but i know most people want ATB system to stay

There is almost no winning for them here, so i'm interested to see what happens

Also, who the heck announces a game before they even figure out how it's gonna play?!

And with this bit of news my hype for ffvii remake went in the air, this game is offically on half life-3 status,... No, its always been on HL3 status, the hype for this game is so beyond anything the developers can do that it would have been better off just leaving it as wishful thinking for gamers. I already see the fence line, people who want the ATB to be the focsl point of combat , and people who want more action oriented combat, square isnt going to win this fight, either cater to the people who got square to where they are today (OG FF fans) or cater to the mass market of fans who no lomger know how to play atb and just want to spam buttons. I already know they are going to to do action oriented, just disappointed is all.

I hope they keep the same battle system,but with cooler animation for all the moves,because I like the battle system of the old FF games and it'd be nice to go back to it after so long,but I'm not totally against a new battle system either, as look as it doesn't feel like the game plays itself and its fun to play I won't mind as long as the rest of the game is faithful to the original.

I hope they keep the same battle system,but with cooler animation for all the moves,because I like the battle system of the old FF games and it'd be nice to go back to it after so long,but I'm not totally against a new battle system either, as look as it doesn't feel like the game plays itself and its fun to play I won't mind as long as the rest of the game is faithful to the original.

They aren't going to. Nomura already confirmed this.