Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's Drakengard 3 Review

Drakengard 3 is an action role-playing game developed by Access Games and published by Square Enix exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

I've never played the first two games, and it's highly unlikely I ever will.

Firstly, I can accept below par PS3 graphics but this looks like an upscaled PS2 game. Vita games look better than this. The art direction and colours are uninspired and make it look even worse.

The story is a complete trainwreck, series creator & director Taro Yoko wrote this game and it's disgusting. The gist of this is a girl wants to kill her five sisters to gain power and take their disciples and sleep with them. No, I did not make that up. Half the game's story and dialogue revolves around protagonist Zero and her disciples wanting to have sex. One guy is so creepy he moans at the most stupid things like scissors or Zero calling someone stupid. There's also an old man claiming he's 22-years-old and he also wants to sleep with Zero. It's all disgusting. Zero also has a pet dragon who she calls dumb and stupid for half the game and the dragon just does its business where ever it feels like. There's also alternative endings but the game isn't worth replaying for them, god no.

Gameplay wise it's an okay action-RPG but it can get repetitive and annoying. You will keep doing the same tasks and even the game's "side-quests" are usually just smashing a few chests in a minute to get a standard upgrade material. The items you carry are also very limited you'll find yourself only being able to carry 3 small potions for most of the game. Jumping is also poorly executed. There's also no difficulty options. Camera's pretty bad too. UI is decent though.

And don't get me started on the frame rate. When you combine it with the game's other issues it can get really annoying.

Music and sound effects are good but nothing to brag about.

Voicing acting and lip-sync are mediocre.

Drakengard 3 is an okay action-RPG at its base but the disgusting story, technical problems and repetitiveness makes this a bad game.

5/10

Define disgusting? Sexual content is something most people can get over and while I haven't finished Drakengard 3 yet, the game was rated 18 for a reason.

I haven't played any of the previous Drakengard games so I don't really know what one was to expect out of it in terms of graphic content.

Define disgusting? Sexual content is something most people can get over and while I haven't finished Drakengard 3 yet, the game was rated 18 for a reason.I haven't played any of the previous Drakengard games so I don't really know what one was to expect out of it in terms of graphic content.

Can you relate to someone who has death and sex on their mind? The dialogue is unacceptable and disgusting. The characters are just graphical unstable, psychopathic killers with sex on their minds. There is nothing to relate to and all of them are pathetically portrayed. Drakengard 3 is garbage. I sure hope the 2 before it (they chronologically come after) were nothing like this piece of shit. 

Edited by Hero of Winds

I've only recently beaten the Drakengard spin-off, Nier, and you might like the story in that game a lot better if you find sexual content uneasy, because the only thing sexual in Nier is how one of the character's dresses but that's really it. Though from the description you gave of Drakengard 3, Nier probably won't change your mind about the series gameplay-wise, but it will get you ready for Nier 2 which already sounds like it will surpass the original in every way possible (though to be fair, the music in Nier was god-like, so there's one reason why the game has a loyal fanbase).

Can you relate to someone who has death and sex on their mind? The dialogue is unacceptable and disgusting. The characters are just graphical unstable, psychopathic killers with sex on their minds. There is nothing to relate to and all of them are pathetically portrayed. Drakengard 3 is garbage. I sure hope the 2 before it (they chronologically come after) were nothing like this piece of shit. 

I can't relate to it no, but all I'm saying is that for some the sexual content isn't disgusting or unacceptable. It's more just there and whether you can relate to it is neither here nor there.

Like I said, I haven't finished the game yet and sure it isn't flawless, but I've played far worse games. Here's hoping Nier 2 is a far better game though.

You can't not call the frame rate and graphics bad.

They are, but music and gameplay is great.

Want a good RPG you haven't played yet? Play Tales of Xillia. Graphics aren't frontline, but the game is 1,000 times better than Drakengard 3.

Edited by soravids

They are, but music and gameplay is great.

Want a good RPG you haven't played yet? Play Tales of Xillia. Graphics aren't frontline, but the game is 1,000 times better than Drakengard 3.

I am far too busy with other games.

You're seriously missing out. Especially for someone who enjoys JRPG's, but alright.

You're saying that but the games I'm talking about are Crisis Core, Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, The Last of Us Remastered, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, The Tomb Raider Trilogy, Nier, Dungeon Siege III, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light and Final Fantasy Dimensions.