Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xMrPuppyChow

Should We Be Worried About This Release Date?

Hey guys. Not like this is important, but Ive been playing Kingdom Hearts since the first one came out. And I'm not sure why I'm just making an account. But anyways. To the actual topic. Recently I was in my local Best Buy store, and I came across this. I did notice how the release date said 12/31/15. And to be honest, I think it's there just because they needed to put some kind of date on the software. But I still think it should be a part of a discussion, because I know I have heard of other people coming about similar things. post-57374-0-03450300-1440952403_thumb.jpg

It's a placeholder, which means they just give it a date at the end of the year until an official date is announced, very unlikely it's actually going to come out on that date given :)EDIT: Oh, forgot to say, welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by The Kingdom Panel

But let's not forget that Bill Farmer said the game was coming this year. He seemed adamant about it. So if not this year then possibly early - spring next year.

That was later deleted and Square stated that there was a 'goof' in his tweet.

You do know what a placeholder is don't you? In an actual line, it is just something to hold the place of a person who will becoming back at some point. On release dates, it is just a date a store uses (usually placed on the last day of a year) just so they can have something down. And I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you because the release date is most likely to appear after this year, maybe in 2016-2019!

Also, welcome to the site, as long as you are friendly to me, I am always around to help or talk to you whenever you need it! :)

Edited by WakingDawn96

As a general rule, you can tell a date is a placeholder if it is on New Year's Eve. But, you can also tell because video games only release on Tuesdays, unless it is a Nintendo exclusive, in which case it will be released on a Friday. Also, welcome to the site!