Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
EskimoSquirrel

How to install Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ on your iOS device if you live outside of Japan

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ is now released in Japan! Although the game is region locked, we have found a way around the region lock so you can get the game on both iOS and Android devices. Below you will find the steps required to take in order to get the game on an iOS device.

[*]Open the "App Store" and scroll down to the bottom of the "Featured" page, and then click your "Apple ID" and click "View Apple ID."

[*]Click "Country/Region" and then "Change Country or Region." From here scroll down to the bottom of the list, click the option that says "日本" and hit next.

[*]Agree with the "Terms and Conditions" and then click cancel in the top left.

[*]Click on your Apple ID again, and select "Sign Out".

[*]Find the app in the "Search" tab or click here .

[*]Click "Get" and then it will ask you to sign in. Click the "Create New Apple ID" option and choose to register with a new e-mail address that is not attached to any Apple accounts yet.

[*]When it asks for you to fill out info you need to be sure to have "None" checked in payment options. The rest of the information can be whatever you wish except for the "Postal Code." This needs to be an official code and we used "1010047." Your phone number can be your own, as well.

[*]Agree with everything and finish the account setup. Now you should be able to enter your passcode and start installing the game!

Enjoy!

Click here to view the article

There is no "none" option for payment method! I can't dwnload it T-T

The way we've gotten around this is to be logged out completely but still have your region set to Japan. When you click on "get" for KHUx, make your new Japan Apple ID and since the app is free, "none" should be a payment option then. Hope this helps! 

How do you add an existing account to the game? I have a KHX account.

When you get to this screen, you'll want to choose the left option. On the right is starting a new game. 

Say if I download the game on an iPad then on an iPod will my saved data carry over or do you need to start from scratch on each device ?

I'm not entirely sure. I would think you couldn't carry it over because they're two separate devices. 

Has anyone else who downloaded stuck on the title screen (iOS version)? I get a bunch of text and then I get a screen that forces me to click okay and then I'm back at the title screen again.

Has anyone else who downloaded stuck on the title screen (iOS version)? I get a bunch of text and then I get a screen that forces me to click okay and then I'm back at the title screen again.

You're getting that screen because the game is currently under maintenance. It should be back online within the next few hours or so.  

Time to use this guide for the American version!