Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

All original FFVII staff left at Square Enix

I am highly interested in who's working on Final Fantasy VII Remake so I took at look at all FFVII staff to see who's still working at Square Enix. For this I have not included anyone who has not been credited in a Square Enix title since Final Fantasy XIII or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep since this is well over five years ago, majority of staff went on to work on Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D respectively and staff are confirmed to have left the company after XIII. Additionally, hardly anyone was credited for working on XIV or Versus XIII in any capacity. I also noticed a very large amount of the staff left the company after VII or VIII. Some would stay on and work on titles like X, X-2, Dirge of Cerberus and early KH titles but as you can see almost everyone appears to have left the company or simply has taken up roles in other the company. Another thing to add, FFVII was of course made almost 20 years ago so it should come as no surprise so many staff are gone.

Tetsuya Nomura also confirmed he is the youngest person from the original FFVII to be working on the remake. However, I unfortunately cannot find the age for most of these staff.

Confirmed to be still at Square Enix

Motomu Toriyama - 90% chance he's working on VII Remake

Shintaro Takai - 70% chance he's working on VII Remake

Hiroki Chiba - Busy with World of Final Fantasy

Yusuke Naora - Busy with FFXV and younger than Nomura

Hiroyuki Ito - was too busy to work on the XIII saga with what appears to now be XVI so I find it highly unlikely he'd work with BD1 now.

Likely still at Square Enix

Jun Akiyama - Likely working with Ito, younger than Nomura anyway

Masaru Oka - KH3D writer, if still at SE almost certain to be working on KH3

Hideo Kubota - Last SE title was Lightning Returns

Takanari Tajima - last SE work appears to be Type-0 HD

Unlikely

Tetsu Tsukamoto - last SE work was XIII-2

Manabu Inokuchi - last SE work was The 3rd Birthday

Ryusuke Sasaki - last SE work was XIII-2

Takayuki Odachi - working on XV reportedly

Takayoshi Nakazato - working on XV reportedly

Takatsugu Nakazawa - working on XV reportedly

Yusuke Tanaka - last SE work was XIII-2, someone by same name working on Metal Gear Solid

Yoshiyuki Oku - conflicting reports, some say Lightning Returns last work at SE, someone by same name working on Pokemon games

Freelancers

Nojima - confirmed

Hamauzu - younger than Nomura

Uematsu - Would be surprised if he's not

Amano - Would be surprised if he's not

I'm really interested to see how this game turns out since I've not played the original. Hopefully the combat is like Kingdom Hearts. Otherwise, that is quite saddening news to hear, but I am sure it is in good hands.

I'm really interested to see how this game turns out since I've not played the original. Hopefully the combat is like Kingdom Hearts. Otherwise, that is quite saddening news to hear, but I am sure it is in good hands.

It's supposed to be a turn based game, and that's how i want it, what's with people demanding every RPG being a ARPG? it will stand out if it's a turn based game

It's supposed to be a turn based game, and that's how i want it, what's with people demanding every RPG being a ARPG? it will stand out if it's a turn based game

I personally think that turn based combat is very boring and tedious. It isn't action pack at all which is why I prefer combat like Kingdom Hearts.

I personally think that turn based combat is very boring and tedious. It isn't action pack at all which is why I prefer combat like Kingdom Hearts.

if ff7 turns out to be a kh spinoff then what is the point of two different series? also what gives you that impression? was it a bad rpg? FF13? 

if ff7 turns out to be a kh spinoff then what is the point of two different series? also what gives you that impression? was it a bad rpg? FF13?

The combat doesn't have to be identical. Plus, the game's have different stories and characters and will run on a different engine, so it wouldn't be a spinoff. I understand that a lot of people want to keep it turned based though, so each to their own opinion.

The combat doesn't have to be identical. Plus, the game's have different stories and characters and will run on a different engine, so it wouldn't be a spinoff. I understand that a lot of people want to keep it turned based though, so each to their own opinion.

Agreed, it's just millions will want to keep that way and we already tons of action rpgs, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Dark souls, and many more, it's just big pool of action and a turned based game is what we need to break the mold, and we haven't had a turned based rpg on consoles in years, i understand if you want action combat but there's a lot of those games that you could check out that aren't even from square

If only there was a way to make turn-based combat faster and more dynamic. Action based combat allows you to flow smoothly from one movement to the next, but turn-based combat gives you access many more abilities. If tjeu could find a misdle ground nthat would be awesome. I think we can be pretty confidant that combat in the remake won't be like anything we've seen before, because they're going through trial and error. You don't do that when you recycle game play.

Here's an idea, maybe there can by a turn based style where we can move around and try to block/dodge/evade on our enemies turn, but only on our enemies turn, same for the enemies. That way at least we're doing something other than waiting for a guage to fill. While they're attacking, we're defending and vice-versa

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

When did this happen and if so, shame on square for screwing over the fans of their golden years.

One of the interviews he did at E3. He said something like it would be unnatural for the characters to be like they're in VII during combat.

One of the interviews he did at E3. He said something like it would be unnatural for the characters to be like they're in VII during combat.

Hm? Not an official confirmation, ill hold my head up in hope, but if they go Arpg route then the materia system will become a joke compared to the original...crisis core.