Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

New leak shows Kingdom Hearts 2.9 could be an upcoming title for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4, + possible Kingdom Hearts III info

The frickle-frack?

It is possible, however unlikely, that KH2.9 is either a complete collection of every KH game remastered + DDD for PS3 and PS4...or just the ones in 2.5 + DDD for PS3 and PS4. But it doesn't really make sense to just re-release KH2.5 + DDD on PS3 again by themselves, it makes far more sense to lump them all together. It could also be something entirely different though, or even just a fake. This definitely piques my interest.

Nomura has fibbed before...

Edited by Kaweebo

Guess we found our 2016 KH game? lol

Would be really cool if KH2.9 was some sort of prequel to KH3 made with the same engine and assets, kind of like a demo/MGS V: Ground Zeroes. If that was the case though, I wonder why it's on PS3/PS4 and not PS4/Xbone. It could be the HD remaster of KH3D we've been waiting for, but then "Attraction Flow" being listed wouldn't make sense, unless they meant Flowmotion and it has a different name now or they heavily reworked that mechanic to make it fit in with KH3 more.

The real news from this though is Pixar worlds potentially confirmed. I'm firetruckin' in!

If DDD does end up being HD remaster'ed for KH 2.9 it does seem interesting how it'll also be released on the PS3, mainly because of the need of using touch. Using touch is possible for the PS4 with the touchpad on the DualShock 4 controller, while the PS3's DualShock 3 controller of course doesn't have one.

Maybe they'll overhaul the FlowMotion system that's used in DDD and turn it into something that we'll expect in KH3, I mean the whole "Attraction Flow planning and documentation" under 2.9 could allude to that.  :/

How peculiar....I know Nomura's words from that interview said otherwise on the HD ReMIX games, but I'm kind of holding out hope that it's a re-release of 1.5 and 2.5+ KH3D. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this all truly is about.