Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

New leak shows Kingdom Hearts 2.9 could be an upcoming title for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4, + possible Kingdom Hearts III info

I may have guesses on this. 

It might be DDD Cinematic Version, a little insight on the Foretellers and the Tome of Prophecy (heck X/UX), perhaps some insight on Aqua being in the Realm of Darkness, some small in-between stuff (concerning Lea and the formal Organization members, possibly Sora, Riku, the King, and Kairi, and I guess some chatter coming from Master Xehanort himself? 

I will take this with a grain of salt until I heard other wise from an official from Square.  First of all 2.9? That name itself just screams "hold on this is fake" and what will it be? If it's just Dream Drop Distance why not just call it Dream Drop Distance HD or ReMix why keep up with the whole 1.5 and 2.5 theme if it's just for one game.  And if it's 2.5 plus Dream Drop Distance first of all why would they release it back again on the PS3 if all it dose is just add Dream Drop Distance.  While the rest of the report about Pixar in KH3 would be great I'm not really that big on multiplayer in Kingdom Hearts, unless it's like it was for Mirage Arena in Birth by Sleep that would be fun. Like I said I'm taking this with a grain of salt, TGS is just a little over a week away so we shall see what Square will have to say about this

Maybe they'll overhaul the FlowMotion system that's used in DDD and turn it into something that we'll expect in KH3, I mean the whole "Attraction Flow planning and documentation" under 2.9 could allude to that.  :/

This was I thought at first, so I hope it turns out to be something related to that. Either way, whatever it ultimately is, sounds awesome and I hope it gets released soon. I'm totally willing to double (triple?) dip on the games, and new stuff would just be gravy.

For people saying KH3 would be released in 2016, they can shut up now.

FF15 will be released in 2016.

Square wont release their two biggest bombs in the same year.

KH3 will probably be released in 2017.

Meanwhile our next anual game will be KH 2.9. Seriously screw Unchained X, just give me KH3D HD Final Mix. This is the news I was waiting for.

You can't remake Re.Coded and leave KH3D out.

- Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance HD- Extra Bonus Game Content: Kairi's Story (Either a separate game mode or unlocked ater beating KH3DHD)- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep v2 - Kingdom Hearts 3 Demo

This is what I'm hoping for, and it'll make the most sense naming wise compared to just a 3D HE version plus KH III demo. BbS v2 could be reworked into a interquel between 3D and III, or it could take place at the same time as 3D.

If it were to just include KH3D then calling it KH2.9 doesn't really sounds great. They could just call the game KH3D HD Remaster. So I think it could be something more included in the game other than KH3D. That's just my thought

For people saying KH3 would be released in 2016, they can shut up now. FF15 will be released in 2016.Square wont release their two biggest bombs in the same year. KH3 will probably be released in 2017. Meanwhile our next anual game will be KH 2.9. Seriously screw Unchained X, just give me KH3D HD Final Mix. This is the news I was waiting for. You can't remake Re.Coded and leave KH3D out.

Remember that this isn't 100% official yet. It is all still entirely possible for KH3 to release next year.

SQUARE-ENIX Sharing 'secret' at TGS 2015.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/8/9276131/square-enix-sharing-secret-at-tokyo-game-show

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 reveal?

Also maybe an actual release date for the English version of Unchained X??

Edited by Kaweebo

Hmm I find this kinda hard to believe since Nomura said their were no plans for ps4 HD RemixesAlso 2.9 is kind of a dumb nameI really hope it's real though

I thought he only meant 1.5 and 2.5 being ported to PS4. This could be a 3D remix with extra goodies to satisfy the fan base until Kh III (in other words buy themselves more time). Or that was the plan until they cancelled it (the OP brings up this possiblity). Nomura could also have lied...