Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

New leak shows Kingdom Hearts 2.9 could be an upcoming title for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4, + possible Kingdom Hearts III info

Maybe the PS3 version will be DDD HD + prequel game, while the PS4 version would be that plus 1.5 and 2.5?

Edit: Or maybe it's just DDDHD for the PS3 version, and DDDHD + KH3 demo for PS4.  DDDHD could even be a PSN exclusive, considering it has none of Utada's music in it.

Edited by SirBuckford

WAIT

What if KH2.9 is Sora's 2nd Mark of Mastery Trialand KH3 takes place afterwards when he has his new costume and all. 

WHAT IF KH2.9 IS LIKE THE GROUND ZEROES TO KH3'S PHANTOM PAIN 

WHAT IF WE ALREADY HAVE SEEN KH2.9 IN THE TRAILERS AND WE DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE

Oh my God, I don't even know how to react to this! Oh lord, this is so exciting! But at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical...but gahhh, this is Kingdom Hearts news we're talking about!  This has to have some grain of truth to it!  If this really turned out to be a Dream Drop Distance Remaster with a Kingdom Hearts III Demo, I think that I'd die!  But the problem is though, I'm waiting until KHIII comes out so that hopefully there'd be a KHIII console bundle I could buy, but if 2.9 ends up being KH3D HD with a KHIII Demo, I don't think I'd like to pass on PLAYING ACTUAL CONTENT FROM KINGDOM HEARTS III!  

Gahhh, the journey to November is getting even more exciting!  And now, Tokyo Game Show suddenly feels so ridiculously far away! D:  Ugh, I can't contain my excitement over all this news!!!  WHAT THE HECK IS KINGDOM HEARTS 2.9!!!??? X_X

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I think that this could be a collection of BBS, 1, 2, and 3D: all the "core" titles required to understand the story. It technically wouldn't be a rerelease of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 since it would be missing Re: Chain of Memories and the DS games.

I remember Nomura saying that they had "no plans" of releasing Kingdom Hearts X worldwide...and look what he plans on doing...so hey...could he be doing the same thing again with maybe saying he didn't plan on re-releasing the HD remixes on ps4?

I remember Nomura saying that they had "no plans" of releasing Kingdom Hearts X worldwide...and look what he plans on doing...so hey...could he be doing the same thing again with maybe saying he didn't plan on re-releasing the HD remixes on ps4?

Also, Nomura never lies... but he does mislead people. X Chi isn't releasing in the West, but Unchained X is. Similarly, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2,5 won't release on PS4, but a different collection with a slightly different set of games probably will.

Also, Nomura never lies... but he does mislead people. X Chi isn't releasing in the West, but Unchained X is. Similarly, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2,5 won't release on PS4, but a different collection with a slightly different set of games probably will.

That is true Dx oh that sneaky Nomura x( so then 1.5 and 2.5 must be ruled out and at least we have narrowed it down B)

I'm leaning more towards it being DDD HD + Kingdom Hearts III Demo. That said, it said this game is on PS3 as well, which doesn't support Unreal Engine 4. I'd love for them to release everything on PS4, especially since Nomura said he wanted every game on one platform. The reality is we are getting a remaster of DDD HD, which is great anyway!

I'm excited for this, Whatever it may be. I'm leaning on KH DDDHD with a Demo of KH3 like some have said. It's worked for Square in the past with Final Fantasy Type-0 and I've been waiting for some Kingdom Hearts on PS4.

I agree with you but it could also be a little game before Kingdom.hearts 3 like metal gear solid did with Metal Gear Solid Type 0 because if you think carefully when you read the content in the post he says Boss Planning and why would you need to plan for bosses if it was just a remake and also the other development aspects he says he is in hint to that he is working on a new tittle by saying game idea planning once again why would you need to think of ideas for a remake. And you may think oh that could just be the demo but the thing is all the job listing he has there refer to it all being new content if he was doing a remake then in the list.would be different jobs he does in the team to help with the remake because I doubt he sits there and doesn't help at all with the remake side of things so that could mean one thing it is possible there won't be a remake at all just a little KH3 prequel

I think we have found our Kingdom Hearts game for 2016. :D

Just reading "2.9" alone obviously makes me think of a combination of 1.5, 2.5 and an HD remake of DDD (I told you so, ALL of you) which makes sense since DDD is right before Kingdom Hearts 3, hence the ".9" part.

This is a perfect idea cause not only can it fix some bugs and issues that 1.5 and 2.5 had (mostly 2.5 with its loading times), it's also POSSIBLE (so I'm not saying it's happening or that it's to be expected) that they add certain things that didn't make it in the HD remixes, maybe a certain mirage arena with multiplayer. ;)

I think we have found our Kingdom Hearts game for 2016. :D Just reading "2.9" alone obviously makes me think of a combination of 1.5, 2.5 and an HD remake of DDD (I told you so, ALL of you) which makes sense since DDD is right before Kingdom Hearts 3, hence the ".9" part. This is a perfect idea cause not only can it fix some bugs and issues that 1.5 and 2.5 had (mostly 2.5 with its loading times), it's also POSSIBLE (so I'm not saying it's happening or that it's to be expected) that they add certain things that didn't make it in the HD remixes, maybe a certain mirage arena with multiplayer. ;)

it could also be a little game before Kingdom.hearts 3 like metal gear solid did with Metal Gear Solid Type 0 because if you think carefully when you read the content in the post he says Boss Planning and why would you need to plan for bosses if it was just a remake and also the other development aspects he says he is in hint to that he is working on a new tittle by saying game idea planning once again why would you need to think of ideas for a remake. And you may think oh that could just be the demo but the thing is all the job listing he has there refer to it all being new content if he was doing a remake then in the list.would be different jobs he does in the team to help with the remake because I doubt he sits there and doesn't help at all with the remake side of things so that could mean one thing it is possible there won't be a remake at all just a little KH3 prequel

Some people desire attention, but we shouldn't dwell on that. This seems to be legit, but whether this is true or not, we do know that Kingdom Hearts III will be at D23 Japan in November. Taking this into account, we really shouldn't care if this is true or not. We will be receiving information about the game we've been waiting ages for! :)

If he was to lie then he would stay unemployed.  xD

Seriously though, I'm just glad that Square Enix are actually holding their end of the bargain for Kingdom Hearts news and updates.

Can someone tell me what 'Communication with Outsourced Companies' means, please? 

Cooperating with third party companies. In this case, they are companies, groups or people who are not associated with Disney or Square Enix.

Remember that news report of Kingdom Hearts 3 assets "Parts" being developed by an Indian gaming and programming company? That's what he's talking about.

Edited by Guest

While we're mostly in the dark about Kingdom Hearts 2.9 right now (assuming it's really a thing), and assuming that it includes or is a remix/remaster of Dream Drop Distance, will we be getting a digital version of the PS4 version (since all PS4 games have digital versions)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that part of the reason why we haven't gotten the 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes on to the PS4 is because Square Enix doesn't (or didn't ) have the licences to use Utadu's music on the downloadable versions of it's games, only the physical versions. For those who didn't know, in the current 3DS version, "Sanctuary, After the Battle," plays during the credits, as well as "Simple And Clean" plays in the opening. What I'm asking is whether those would be legal issues that would affect the digital version being released or maybe even the entire PS4 version being released altogether.

Some issues I have with thisNomura said "no new games until KH3"He also said "No plans to port 1.5/2.5 to PS4" so without any new games or ports/remasters of old games, we have nothing. 

Shhh   hhhh     hhhhJust..let me be happy...please?

Nah, its not a huge deal i already own all the games, but boy HD playable remasters of every KH game mad +X + BbSV2 would be a dream too far away.One day!