Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Gwynbleidd

What do you think the supposed Multiplayer of KH3 could entail?

Given the recent leak of Kingdom Hearts 2.9, what do you think the supposed multiplayer of Kingdom Hearts III could entail?

Personally, I'd love to see some sort of Keyblade Master mode in which you fight other players online, or alternatively, co-operate with other players online to carry out certain missions or complete missions within the mirage arena together.

What do you think?

Edited by Unknown Figure

I always imagined it to be a combination of the multi-player modes from Birth By Sleep and 358/2 Days where you are able to:

• Battle against other players
  • Team up with other players to fight waves of enemies and eventually fight a boss or multiple bosses
  • Play as other Kingdom Hearts characters that you can't play as in the story, like Ansem SOD or Xemnas. (Which was what I found awesome in the mission mode of Days. Just being able to play as the other members of Organization XIII with their own battle styles and techniques, like Xemnas' guard which was a whole barrier.) And what I also thought would be awesome would be that every pair of characters that you play as have their own limits, for example, you have a team of Xemnas and Xigbar and they both shoot their lasers together all over the area/arena like crazy!
  • Race to find a hidden enemy in an area.
  • Play in some mini-games that you can also play in single-player, like sky racing in San Fransokyo or battle with pirate ships in a Treasure Planet world.
Edited by Master Eraqus

I wouldn't be against the concept of the Mirage Arena returning, I mean you could use that to have some secret bosses etc, though if not that, like we had in days I would be up for the chance to play as members of both the GOLs and SoDs and either fight against people or do missions, it could be interesting to see what happens

I want to be able to select all the potential Disney worlds as battle fields and select either the guardians of light (excusing Mickey) or seekers of darkness's as characters.

I really want to be able to fight other people in maybe a coliseum like mode as well work together in mission mode like missions.Overall I basically just want everything in Mirage arena to come back

Same here. I really want to see how I'd compete against other players.

... I honestly would love a multiplayer where you can play through the entire story with 4 players... but that's obviously not gonna happen :P

I don't know... we'll just have to wait and see how this will come together. Perhaps Mirage Arena where we can be anybody, including Donald Goofy Mickey, and the entire Organization maybe, and be able to compete in missions focused on each Disney world in Kh3 (fighting in BH6 world with friends would be hellafun)

Edited by Moochieh32

i'd rather they left multiplayer out of KH...

but if they HAD to add it in i'd prefer it if they kept it out of the story and set it up like the Mirage Arena in BBS. I played that online a few times with a friend and the VS. mode was enjoyable. Fighting waves of enemies and doing boss rushes with friends would also be fun I'm sure. Hopefully they don't just make it some lame online mini game mode. 

also im curious as to how they would balance out a VS. mode in KH3. I know in BBS, one broken deck could completed decimate the other person so how would they balance out the combat of KH3 which looks to be off the wall crazy? It might actually be fun to have such a crazy 1v1 with another person online.

or maybe not

imagine every fight just turning into a Mysterious Figure battle with one person dodge rolling and the other person spamming the same OP moves....

Edited by Headphone Jack

i'd rather they left multiplayer out of KH...

but if they HAD to add it in i'd prefer it if they kept it out of the story and set it up like the Mirage Arena in BBS. I played that online a few times with a friend and the VS. mode was enjoyable. Fighting waves of enemies and doing boss rushes with friends would also be fun I'm sure. Hopefully they don't just make it some lame online mini game mode. 

also im curious as to how they would balance out a VS. mode in KH3. I know in BBS, one broken deck could completed decimate the other person so how would they balance out the combat of KH3 which looks to be off the wall crazy? It might actually be fun to have such a crazy 1v1 with another person online.

or maybe not

imagine every fight just turning into a Mysterious Figure battle with one person dodge rolling and the other person spamming the same OP moves....

Agreed. There should be no Versus mode in KH3 whatsoever. Anything BUT a Versus mode. Co-op is the way to go with Kingdom Hearts. 358/2 Days was a great example.

I agree with Headphone Jack.  I'd much rather Kingdom Hearts III be a single player game, but, if there were a multiplayer mode implemented, I wouldn't mind, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the main story, ya know?  If the online mode would be an improved, sleeker version of the Mirage Arena, then that'd be awesome, and we could have a wide assortment of activities to choose from to play with or against other players!  There could even be a sort of tournament mode, where a certain number of players participates and fight their way up to the top until the final round!  There's a bunch of ways that Nomura could think of implementing multiplayer into Kingdom Hearts III, if he wishes for it. He just has to be smart about it, ya know?  Hopefully, his experimenting with Birth By Sleep and Days will have given him an idea of how to make an even more amazing online mode for all of us to enjoy!

But yeah, that's IF multiplayer were to be implemented.  I know the leak mentioned it, but remember, we all have to be skeptical as well!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

honestly as long as there's some minute way where I could create a character for multiplayer I'd be so happy

I would love a feature like this so much... I just hope that it's as adaptable as Xenoblade Chronicles.

I hope that if they make PvP possible they make sure it's not glitchy. I don't want to be "quickscoped" like in MGO 2.

Or make it balanced. I don't want people spamming Thundaga from afar!