Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku21Terr

TV Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones

AKA the next (and possibly most exciting till Defenders come out) Marvel Netflix series. Ok, it probably will not be that much, but this intriguing trailer seems to imply so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZE-NEJ2Ik#t=30

But still, if this is even half as good as Agent Carter, we are in for a real treat (now the question is if I will b bale to watch it when it comes out (probably will have to wait till after exams as it comes out soooo close to it) let alone I haven't even started watching Daredevil yet and need to fit that in along with the rest of my busy tv (and life) schedule 

Edited by Riku21Terr

OOOOH, JESSICA JONES IS PREMIERING THIS YEAR!?  ON NOVEMBER!?  FRICKIN SWEET! I'M GOING TO BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

I really love how Marvel's Cinematic Universe is expanding to TV shows as well!  I've watched Agents Of Shield, and it is frickin amazing, and Daredevil is a beast of a show, so I'm confident that Marvel will do amazingly with Jessica Jones as well!  Gahhh, I can't wait to see it! :D

I was hoping for some footage, but this teaser still got me pumped! :D You also NEED to check out Daredevil. It is insanely good.Just curious, what are your thoughts on Agents of SHIELD?

Well thats a good question. I find that both seasons so far have a clunky first half but a better second half. 

The pilot was personally one of the best pilots I've ever seen in my life, then it kinda started to go downhill after that. The second episode was mostly owned by SPOILER's end appearance. Then Episode 3, despite an appearance by Quirrel, was just fair. I stopped watching for a while after that. I later got back into it around the time of the S1 mid season finale and then it got really good with Sif's appearance and the mystery around Coulson resolved. The Winter solider crossover arc was solid and made the show very exciting. Absolutely LOVED the S1 finale, especially considering SPOILER's death. Just the way that they played it out at the end was comically (in both senses of the word) classic. Plus the character that appeared at the end of Ep2 was very welcome indeed :) 

Season 2's first half was just... meh. It felt very clunky and convoluted, and I got really tired of them always going after Hydra. Adrienne Palicki was amazing, she's so hot I would want her to beat me up, and I loved the twist with her :) In the second half, I'm glad that they introduced the Inhumans as it was a nice relief from them always going after Hydra. It was very exciting to have there be so many story arcs with Skye, Coulson, Bobbi, Fitz & Simmons etc. I missed most of S2's second half though.  

My biggest complaint with the show is the characters. Aside from Coulson, Bobbi and maybe Skye, none of the characters are really that interesting. I personally hate Ward and actually hope that he gets off the show sometime in the future. Terrible actor and just a blah character. I also find Fitz and Simmons kinda annoying.  If they keep introducing more interesting things like the Inhumans, and maybe more crossovers with the movies (actually having more movie characters show up) then the show can get better. As it is I am coming back this season, but compared to Once Upon A time (which I am SUPER excited for, Season 4 of that was like the best Tv season I've ever seen in my life and Season 5 looks wicked) and Agent Carter, which is better in every way (better characters, better and more exciting story arc, and more exciting action) I would rate shield as probably my least favourite out of all the shows that I watch, next to Star vs. the Forces of Evil. I mean, I like them, but they would probably be the ones that I am least excited for.

In case you are interested, here are all the current ongoing TV shows that I watch: 

Once Upon A Time (my absolute favourite, mostly because it is a lot like Kingdom Hearts :)

Agents of Shield (still good even though it has problems)

Agent Carter (Better version of Shield, though I missed the last 3 episodes of Season 1) 

Girl Meets World (my second overall favourite, soooooooo good. Season 2 especially is amazing with a better focus on the Boy Meets World alumi and better writing and morals. Season 1 was still great, but Season 2 is where it is at :)

Sofia the First (It is very entertaining and I've actually learned some VERY important messages from the show that helped me out in many ways in my life. Besides it is Disney and has crossovers like KH and OUAT. not to mention some of the best writing on Tv or any work I've ever encountered. Not too obvious nor too predictable. Plus I love magic and the concepts and mythology are awesome and I am excited for Sofia to eventually appear in Kingdom hearts as her voice actress was already young Kairi) 

Miles from Tomorrowland (It does what Star Wars failed to do for me. Actually get me interested in space and all of its sic fi concepts. Probably the best Disney Jr. show out there. such great writing that it and Sofia do not even feel like they are Disney Jr. shows. They feel more like they are classic Disney movies or even Pixar levels. The quality in them is THAT good). 

Sherriff Callie's Wild West ( I also learned so much from it. I actually think that it is important for older people to watch these kind of shows just as much or more than the kids that they are aimed for as when we get older we often overlook these morals and make such stupid mistakes because we overthink things. Gotta keep things in your life "simple and clean" after all. Besides the show is very entertaining, and I love Mandy Moore :) The characters are adorable, and like with Miles, this is among the best of its genre) 

Phineas and Ferb ( Best Disney animated series ever. Just so cleverly written and does the kinda thing that Spongebob failed to do for me. Doofenschmirtz and Perry are the best cartoon characters ever) 

Gravity Falls (Like Phineas and Ferb, it is just so cleverly written. Equally as enjoyable for older people as it is for kids) 

Star vs. the Forces of Evil (a little wacky for me, and more like a Cartoon Network than Disney show, but the character is loveable and has some interesting concepts)

Thomas and Friends (my oldest friend since childhood. Love the characters and show now and always :) 

And now for the upcoming shows that I am looking forward to. May not actually get into them but they are under consideration: 

The Muppets (ABC Sept 22) I loved the first Muppets movie and Letters to Santa special and it should be interesting 

Guardians of the Galaxy The animated Series  (I have the first episode on my Fibreop DVR, and will hopefully watch it soon. Please no spoilers or comments) 

The Lion Guard (Tv movie in November, Series in January) Like everyone else of that generation, the movie was a landmark of my childhood. It is also my favourite Kingdom Hearts world to date and should be very interesting. 

Shadowhunters (ABC Family, unknown for Canada yet - January 2016). LOVED the book series. While the movie was a bit disappointing, the series should be great. I'm loving what I am seeing so far of it and like that they are simultaneously going to do the book justice and make it its own thing)

Elena of Avonlor (TBA 2016) A Sofia the First spin off with a very interesting concept. Like with the Marvel properties and anything else that I like, I always give anything related a chance 

Veronica Mars (an oldie I know, but I have a huge crush on Kristen Bell and I love detective stuff (though admittedly, I find the CSI shows boring, and Gotham's just not my thing). 

Plus of course the Marvel Netflix series and any other upcoming Marvel show like that most wanted one and possible X-men one in development. I also sometimes watch Suits with my folks and plan on officially trying to get into it soon. I sometimes also watch Hollywood Game night depending on whose on it. 

As you may of noticed, all of these tv shows aside from Veronica, Hollywood Game Night and Suits are Disney in some way. Either they are owned by them or in the case of Shadowhunters, they air on one of their networks :)