Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Gwynbleidd

What is your biggest HOPE for Kingdom Hearts III?

Recently, as I'm sure you are aware, I made a thread in which you posted your biggest fear for KH3 (thread:http://kh13.com/forum/topic/90506-what-is-your-biggest-fear-for-kingdom-hearts-iii/).

In this thread however, it would be interesting to see people's biggest HOPE for Kingdom Hearts III. Personally, loving the story as much as I do, I sincerely hope so much that they don't mess it up and that they manage to top the ending of Kingdom Hearts II.

What about you? What is your biggest HOPE for Kingdom Hearts III?

Edited by Unknown Figure

My biggest hope in Kingdom Hearts 3 is to see Sora, Riku, Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, Xion, Lea, and Namine eating sea salt ice cream on Destiny Island or Twilight Town watching the sunset after defeating Master Xehanort once and for all. That's pretty much what I want in Kingdom Hearts 3 so I hope it happens, not getting my hopes though. :)

That the new Organization members are characters I like and have a bigger role in the story than in KH2 (I mean as the members individualy, like Xaldin had a big role in Beast's world, but say Demyx, Luxord, or even Xigbar didn't play important roles at all, just maybe a bit in the worlds where you see them).

Also, I want to see realy challenging story line bosses, more or less like in DDD (wich has got the hardest story line out of all the other KH games in my opinion), but maybe a bit harder, and make them dodge more and that sort of stuff rather then have them not flinching at all when they get hit.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

For the gameplay, I hope we get an amazing and balanced battle system based on KH2 with all the new KH3 stuff like keyblade transformations.

As for the story, I hope to see all questions answered, a happy ending and a good conclusion to wrap things up.

Make all the villains relevant- firstly I know Master Xehanort is the ultimate antagonist and he should have the full focus at the end of the game, however I want all the members of the seekers of darkness to be relevant, so I would like what we had in KH and KH2.5 where as well as interaction in the world, at the end of the world we had a cutscene where the villains discussed their plans, how they perceived what had happened etc.

Secondly is to do with Pete and maleficent, I mean the Re:Coded scene gives them a reason to be important again, so please make them so, I know they aren't a rival force to Xehanort, but make them close enough to be reason to fear them again, and we are overdue a rematch with Maleficent again, I was sad in KH2 we never did fight her.

A playable version of the main island of Destiny Islands!!!!

Kairi to be a more active character. Lots of Riku and Kairi teaming up to pick on Sora (affectionately, of course). Sora and Kairi need to talk about the drawing in the secret place and a kiss between them would be nice, too.

I want Vanitas to make a return and I want to see Sora, Riku and Kairi's reaction to him. 

I want Frozen in KH3 mostly because Elsa and Riku could learn a lot from each other, I think. Plus many of the themes from Frozen fit well into the Kingdom Hearts series. 

And last but not least, I wanna battle Dr. Facilier from Princess & the Frog. 

Oh God, I have so many hopes for this game! X_X

But, my main and most important hope is that the game delivers a fitting finale to the Xehanort Saga. For years, we've bore witness to the stories of Sora and his friends, and all they've had to go through to save the worlds more than once!  They've all been to hell and back, and they've endured many hardships, and suffered tragic losses!  These suffering individuals deserve closure!  My hope is that the story of Kingdom Hearts III will deliver an emotional roller coaster ride that'll resonate with us long after the credits have rolled!  In other words, I want the game to blow our minds and leave us amazed with how the Xehanort Saga ends!

November 3...please come already! D:

I thought D23 Japan was November 6th? :P

The Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater takes place prior to D23 Japan on November 3rd, and apparently new KH3 news are confirmed to appear there.

My hopes for KH3:

I want Toy Story as a world, it would be so awesome.

A one on one battle between Sora and Master Xehanort for the finale battle (that's my biggest hope)

A happy ending, so overwhelming, that the ending of KH2 looks like nothing compared to it.

MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS!!!

Seriously, I don't wanna play as Sora only. We've known for a LONG time that this story isn't only about him. I wanna play as Riku with Mickey as my party member. I don't wanna just watch his adventure in cutscenes.

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/87758-why-kingdom-hearts-3-must-have-multiple-playable-characters/

MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS!!!

Seriously, I don't wanna play as Sora only. We've known for a LONG time that this story isn't only about him. I wanna play as Riku with Mickey as my party member. I don't wanna just watch his adventure in cutscenes.

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/87758-why-kingdom-hearts-3-must-have-multiple-playable-characters/

As much as I'd like this, Riku got his time in the sun in 3D. I'd prefer a Sora-centered story that focuses on developing him, instead of breaks to other characters at the expense of his development. I'd like both, yes, but in an either-or situation, I'd prefer the former.

Anyway, my biggest hope is that the game will offer closure to all major plotlines and -through doing so- guarantee a fresh start for the next game in the franchise.

As much as I'd like this, Riku got his time in the sun in 3D. I'd prefer a Sora-centered story that focuses on developing him, instead of breaks to other characters at the expense of his development. I'd like both, yes, but in an either-or situation, I'd prefer the former.

Anyway, my biggest hope is that the game will offer closure to all major plotlines and -through doing so- guarantee a fresh start for the next game in the franchise.

Yes Riku got the spotlight in 3D, but Sora has had the spotlight in KH1, COM, 2, and DDD. Riku had his moments in the spotlight in COM, barely in 2, barely in 358/2 days and DDD. This story isn't just about Sora. Wouldn't you rather play as Riku on his adventure instead of just seeing it in cutscenes?

Yes Riku got the spotlight in 3D, but Sora has had the spotlight in KH1, COM, 2, and DDD. Riku had his moments in the spotlight in COM, barely in 2, barely in 358/2 days and DDD. This story isn't just about Sora. Wouldn't you rather play as Riku on his adventure instead of just seeing it in cutscenes?

While I would be lying if I say I didn't prefer Riku over Sora, what else is there that can be done with him to make a fulfilling gameplay or character arc? He's going with Mickey to the RoD to find Aqua, but that is just one part of a much larger picture.

Every character should have their moment in the sun, but the gameplay spotlight should stay on Sora; I don't have much faith that he would be developed much if the perspective keeps bouncing around between character.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I wouldn't want Riku to be playable; what I am saying is that Riku is the much more believable and developed of the two, and having him hog the main spotlight from Sora when Sora needs every bit of fleshing out and development he can get isn't the smartest idea.