Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In the 2.8 announcement trailer, 2.8 was only announced for the PlayStation 4. It would be a bit weird if Square Enix only released the official prologue game for Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PlayStation 4 only, since Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out on the Xbox One as well. I think that 2.8 will be confirmed for the Xbox One at a later date, like what Square did for KH3. It doesn't really affect me because I won't play either game on an Xbox One, but Square shouldn't forget about the Xbox fans.

What do you guys all think?

I think it would be difficult to release 2.8 on Xbox One, mainly because of DDD. For DDD, we will most likely need to use the touchpad on the PS4 controller, which is something the Xbox One controller doesn't have.

Xbox doesn't really do well with JRPG's, so... yeah...

Edited by Master Eraqus

Xbox One is a failure in Japan, and over here, Xbox One is 99% Shooter Genre, so I don't think it'll be on Xbox

Nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the Xbone version of KH3 sometime in 2016. At least that'd shave off a lot of development time..

It is a bit odd considering there is a major story element in it. Plus the fact that it's story related and Square Wants cash surely, but with type 0 sales on the One it makes some sense. Though One players deserve the demo as well

Unless if they cancelled kh3 on the One but they would have said so already

Edited by jadentheman

I think you're all being a bit unfair, the Xbox One isn't an FPS only console and if we look at recent events it seems Sony is taking that up more now than ever by focusing a lot more on third part titles rather than their own. 

I have both consoles, and I just bought MGSV Phantom Pain on PS4 (Which is an amazing game) but I think I'm going to get KH3 on Xbox One, and 2.8 if it does. 

Don't see the point in the hate, both consoles have major flaws and are both lacking incredibly when it comes to first party titles at least.

Square Enix probably announced Kingdom Hearts III on the Xbox One because it was prior to the release of the current consoles. They wouldn't want to sell the most important game on the console that would provide them with fewer sales.

Edited by Unknown Figure

Honestly, I think the Xbox version of KHIII only happened because Microsoft wanted in on such a large title and probably believed that it would help push Xbox One sales in Japan, so I am sure Microsoft handed Square a nice chunk of change to make that happen.  Square has time and time again shown its favor for Playstation and Nintendo, with very few exceptions (looking at you Rise of the Tomb Raider).  Anyone who bought an Xbox One for KHIII should not be surprised that the Playstation users are getting the better treatment here based on Square's history.

Honestly, I think the Xbox version of KHIII only happened because Microsoft wanted in on such a large title and probably believed that it would help push Xbox One sales in Japan, so I am sure Microsoft handed Square a nice chunk of change to make that happen.  Square has time and time again shown its favor for Playstation and Nintendo, with very few exceptions (looking at you Rise of the Tomb Raider).  Anyone who bought an Xbox One for KHIII should not be surprised that the Playstation users are getting the better treatment here based on Square's history.

But here's the thing that doesn't quite make sense: KHIII is already coming to Xbox One and they're putting this out on PS4. What with porting costs being lower than ever, why wouldn't they make this multi-platform? Even if it just breaks even, it still grows the brand on Xbox and pretty much guarantess more KHIII sales there. They're releasing FFXV on it, and released Type-0 HD as well. Yes, the Xbox One version had much lower sales numbers, but did it break even? Plus, it grew the brand on Xbox and netted in a few people who would buy FFXV on it.

Unless they lost money with the Xbox One version of Type-0, this doesn't make sense.

Edited by TheDanMan

MS hasn't really been promoting KH3. So I doubt that. I think it's on Xbox One because it uses DX11 like FF15, both are SE's biggest and most anticipated games  so they can spend some time porting it to the Xbox One and possibly PC.

Xbox One is a failure in Japan, and over here, Xbox One is 99% Shooter Genre, so I don't think it'll be on Xbox

That, plus the fact that SE is still in a contract with Sony with these HD collections. But honestly, Xbox One could really use some JRPG's to give it variety because like you said the system has 90% shooters. 

I think they will announce that KH3 will no longer be released on the Xbox One. The console has never had a Kingdom Hearts game and won't even get the HD collections. It would be a complete waste of resources to port it.

I think they will announce that KH3 will no longer be released on the Xbox One. The console has never had a Kingdom Hearts game and won't even get the HD collections. It would be a complete waste of resources to port it.

I honestly doubt it  too much money has gone into it to cancel it now would be a waste.

If they will they already must did that at the E3 or by TGS.

It will be fantastic news though.

I honestly doubt it  too much money has gone into it to cancel it now would be a waste.

...You do know the game is being developed on PC and then ported to both consoles, as most games are?

Both the Xbox One and PS4 have hardware architecture nearly identical to PCs, meaning that porting between the three is much easier than before.

The Xbox One release is as much of a port as the PS4 release.

I know I'm repeating myself, but working off of what was said above, very few resources are spent on porting between PS4, Xbox One, and PC, meaning that they don't need too much of a return for the Xbox One version to earn them money and be a success.

Cancelling the Xbox One port, as a previous poster suggested, wouldn't save on development time.

The Xbox One version is happening. People (like me) will buy it. It will make Square money due to lower than ever porting costs. End of story.

If they will they already must did that at the E3 or by TGS.

It will be fantastic news though.

...Wow. Just... wow. Entitlement, much?

Edited by TheDanMan

...You do know the game is being developed on PC and then ported to both consoles, as most games are?

Both the Xbox One and PS4 have hardware architecture nearly identical to PCs, meaning that porting between the three is much easier than before.

The Xbox One release is as much of a port as the PS4 release.

I know I'm repeating myself, but working off of what was said above, very few resources are spent on porting between PS4, Xbox One, and PC, meaning that they don't need too much of a return for the Xbox One version to earn them money and be a success.

Cancelling the Xbox One port, as a previous poster suggested, wouldn't save on development time.

The Xbox One version is happening. People (like me) will buy it. It will make Square money due to lower than ever porting costs. End of story.

...Wow. Just... wow. Entitlement, much?

Finally someone gets it, its pretty much like making a PC game where two PCs have a difference in power just change the textures and resolutions

We're still in the development phase for KH3 and with all this PlayStation love for the more recent release, I wouldn't be surprised is KH3 dropped Xbox off its release platforms.

I think the "Playstation love" is more "II.8 isn't going to sell all that well; why bother porting?"

But here's the thing that doesn't quite make sense: KHIII is already coming to Xbox One and they're putting this out on PS4. What with porting costs being lower than ever, why wouldn't they make this multi-platform? Even if it just breaks even, it still grows the brand on Xbox and pretty much guarantess more KHIII sales there. They're releasing FFXV on it, and released Type-0 HD as well. Yes, the Xbox One version had much lower sales numbers, but did it break even? Plus, it grew the brand on Xbox and netted in a few people who would buy FFXV on it.

Unless they lost money with the Xbox One version of Type-0, this doesn't make sense.

Now if only SQUARE ENIX announced PC Versions of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, it will makes lots of money considering PC gaming makes more than consoles 

I think the "Playstation love" is more "II.8 isn't going to sell all that well; why bother porting?"

Oh yeah, I'm not meaning anything positive by it. I'm just curious as to why Square Enix would choose to put an entire end to an arc on a console that the series has never been on ever in its lifetime and then choose not to put the remasters on those consoles. Regardless on estimates, there is a demographic for Xbox One players because they chose to put the series on it with Kingdom Hearts 3, so they need to port these remasters on the Xbox one. I own both consoles, so my choice is gonna be the ps4, but Xbox one needs the support if they plan on releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 on it.

I suppose Kingdom Hearts 3 is only on Xbox One because Square Enix understands the internet cult following behind that particular title.

Nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the Xbone version of KH3 sometime in 2016. At least that'd shave off a lot of development time..

I guess, they would only cancel it in Japan and see if it will work in the rest of the world - or just the USA, as I read somewhere, the XBO does not really that well in Europa as well, aside from UK.