Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
lehahiah81

Does anyone think that in a future kingdom hearts game they should get rid of Donald and Goofy.

I really like Donald, and Goofy, but they do sometimes ruin serious moments in the game. I'd like in a future game to have Sora travel with kairI, and Riku, and have all them be playable. I don't want it like birth by sleep, but more so where we can switch between who we are controlling more like a final fantasy game, and of course they would have different fighting styles and roles. kairi of course would take the role of the mage since that's the same role Aqua had. I'm not saying for all games in the future or in KH4, but just a future game, but I would rather it be on an actual console rather than the handhelds.

I know in KH3 we will still be traveling with Donald, and Goofy, but my thought is after the Xehanort Saga is finished that they would return to the castle with King Mickey, and maybe even have a trio with mickey, donald, and goofy.

Edited by lehahiah81

The Sora, Riku, Kairir team needs to happen so I agree on that part ( maybe in their own game in the future?) 

But the Sora, Donald, and Goofy trio is the official trio of the numbered KH games, so I still see them in KH4 and beyond 

But yea they should have a even bigger roles in KH3 and in future stories. Mickey, Donald and Goofy trio needs to happen also,( maybe we will see them fight together in the last battle in KH3?) 

Edited by MasterRoxas13

For me getting rid of Dolan and Gooby would be like getting rid of Sora: I will be disappointed for the rest of the series. I feel that if Nomura gave them more character like showing interactions outside Sora, like Goofy being with Max and Donald being with his nephews, and possibly all of them being in the same room. But instead they just get the backseat of watching In The Life of Sora instead of doing their own thing. I liked them best in KH1 because Donald and Goofy had just as much of a say in things as Sora did. Now it seems that Sora is the uncalled leader of the group. It also seems that Sora is the only7 one being a menace to Xehanort while Donald and Goofy are just there. Thay need more character and the need to become more powerful.

This reminds me of Toriko where Toriko is with Komatsu. Although Komatsu is nowhere as strong as Toriko, he has a skill that Toriko will never be able to do alone: his cooking skills.

Donald and Goofy don't have as much of a contrast from Sora though. Really all they need to do is build Goofy's defense better than Sora and have Donald's magic better than Sora or have skills that Sora isn't capable of.

i'd prefer it if they stuck around and were given a bit more importance actually. i like having them there because it gives the Disney aspect of the series a bit more relevance to the story. Recent games have shunned the Disney side of things in favor of a stand alone story with the Disney worlds being there only because it's expected in the series.

I agree that recent games have kind of shunned the Disney side, and made the worlds feel rather unimportant, and felt more like road blocks that we're just going through with no importance to the overall story. I don't think Donald, and Goofy should be gone for good, but Sora has been away from Kairi, and Riku for so long I'd kind of like to see them get some time to be together.

I also don't think we really need Donald, and Goofy for the Disney aspect even though they're iconic characters I think a focus on the worlds stories, and having them actually matter is more important to actually making Disney matter again.

I agree that recent games have kind of shunned the Disney side, and made the worlds feel rather unimportant, and felt more like road blocks that we're just going through with no importance to the overall story. I don't think Donald, and Goofy should be gone for good, but Sora has been away from Kairi, and Riku for so long I'd kind of like to see them get some time to be together.

I also don't think we really need Donald, and Goofy for the Disney aspect even though they're iconic characters I think a focus on the worlds stories, and having them actually matter is more important to actually making Disney matter again.

They ruin serious moments? I'm sorry, but Kingdom Hearts was never about the melodrama until 358/2 Days came along. Besides, Donald and Goofy had serious moments with Sora in Chain of Memories. Get rid of them and you're getting rid of what made Kingdom Hearts so enjoyable in the first place.

They ruin serious moments? I'm sorry, but Kingdom Hearts was never about the melodrama until 358/2 Days came along. Besides, Donald and Goofy had serious moments with Sora in Chain of Memories. Get rid of them and you're getting rid of what made Kingdom Hearts so enjoyable in the first place.

I'm more talking about scenes in some the Disney worlds that took place in the film, and not their presence but how they act during certain scenes. This was mostly just a problem in KH2 for me as Donald and Goofy are only really in the main games, and chain of memories with Sora. The comedy is one of the things I really enjoy about the series, but there are some places where it doesn't make sense to me. I don't want the comedy gone, but just for it to be placed better, and yeah 358/2 days was a bit too melodramatic,and I found the combat rather boring, but there were still parts I enjoyed.

I don't want Donald and Goofy gone for good as the Sora, Donald, and Goofy trio is kind of the iconic trio to Kingdom hearts. I just want Donald and Goofy to be developed better, and act more accordingly to the scene they're in as well as be a bit more important just like my hopes for the Disney worlds being more important. All I want is maybe one game where where we  travel with Sora, Riku, and kairi since Sora has been away from them for so long, and Kairi hasn't really gotten much development.

I'm more talking about scenes in some the Disney worlds that took place in the film, and not their presence but how they act during certain scenes. This was mostly just a problem in KH2 for me as Donald and Goofy are only really in the main games, and chain of memories with Sora. The comedy is one of the things I really enjoy about the series, but there are some places where it doesn't make sense to me. I don't want the comedy gone, but just for it to be placed better, and yeah 358/2 days was a bit too melodramatic,and I found the combat rather boring, but there were still parts I enjoyed.

I don't want Donald and Goofy gone for good as the Sora, Donald, and Goofy trio is kind of the iconic trio to Kingdom hearts. I just want Donald and Goofy to be developed better, and act more accordingly to the scene they're in as well as be a bit more important just like my hopes for the Disney worlds being more important. All I want is maybe one game where where we  travel with Sora, Riku, and kairi since Sora has been away from them for so long, and Kairi hasn't really gotten much development.

Now a better development of Donald and Goofy is what I need to see too! They both knew about Aqua and Ventus. This should be elaborated upon!

I don't think this will ever happen or would ever happen, but I think it'd be interesting if in KH3 Sora, Donald, and Goofy were fighting as the main Trio, but at the same time at different places of a world, Mickey, Riku, and Kairi were also fighting as a Trio, and somehow the organization found a way to do some kind of party swap right as they 2 trio's get ambushed to a lot of enemies, Donald and Goofy get swapped with Riku and Mickey, but because the trios at the time would be Sora, Riku, and King Mickey and Kairi, Donald, And Goofy, and the completely obvious fact that with King Mickey and Riku being Keyblade Masters and Sora being stronger and having accomplished more then them both even without the title of Keyblade Master, aka they are by far the stronger of the 2 trios, the Organization sends out enemies to both trios, but because Sora, Riku and King Mickey are the Stronger of the 2 trios, they get like 9000 of the strongest Nobodies sent at them, just like the 1000 heartless battle, but 9 times the enemies and much much much stronger ones on top of it, but they only send like 3000 of the strongest nobodies after Kairi, Donald and Goofy, because they think that with Kairi not having really any Keyblade experience and it just being Kairi, Donald and Goofy, the Organization figures that 3000 of their strongest Nobodies should be enough to take them out, and even if they won't be taken out, one of the trios has to take out every single enemy on their side before they can get to the other trio to help, and they figure if Kairi, Donald, and Goofy don't get taken out by their 3000 enemies, it will give the 9000 enemies that Sora, Riku, and King Mickey have to deal with enough time to kill them, but it a surprising twist, Sora, Riku, and King Mickey are having trouble from the magnitude of the strength and enemies they have to face, 3000 enemies for each of them isn't a cake walk, and it starts to look like something bad might happen, but Kairi, Donald, and Goofy go firetrucking ham on their enemies like it wasn't shit, and then they go to help Sora, Riku, and Mickey right in the nick of time, and they are able to help them get out of the situation. I know it'll probably never ever happen, but that'd be a cool way to show that Kairi, Donald, and Goofy have improved astronomically more then any of them imagined.

maybe no get rid of them completely, but I'd definitely like adding more sections where other keyblade wielders join as party members.

I actually like this idea similar to the guest party member system in final fantasy 12 where you would have someone temporarily join the group, but you don't switch them out with another party member as they are just a guest.

Honestly, I feel like a Kingdom Hearts tile post-3 should distance itself as much as possible from the other games.

Though the series has passed 20 million sales, those 20 million are pretty front-loaded; the side games and lore have scared people off.

The next game after KH3 needs minimal connections to the Xehanort Saga; it should feel new and fresh, and not have plot elements from the previous games carried over. To do this, KH3 must offer closure and answer all the big questions.

I'm also not a big fan that Sora will probably return. I'm not asking for a full re-boot, but I think he's had his time in the sun; unless KHIII is able to develope him as a character, he's going to end up as Ash Ketchum.

As for the main question, I'd say no; we've had the majority of Kingdom Hearts games without them, and it's not like they've ever really been developed. As with Sora, unless they start getting it in KH3, I don't want them back in a future title.