Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

Each title within Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has been detailed by Square Enix

Following the announcement of an upcoming Kingdom Hearts title for the PlayStation 4, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue releasing in 2016, Square Enix Japan have issued a press release describing each title included in the collection. These summaries describe how each title ties into previous games in the series, as well as how they will tie into Kingdom Hearts III and the future of the series as a whole.

Translations of these can be read below, provided by News Team member soraspromise:

The Square Enix company ( Head Office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo , President: Yosuke Matsuda ) has decided that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be released for the Playstation 4. This special bundle has three works, including a brand new title that ties directly into Kingdom Hearts III.

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

An HD remastered version of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] which was released in 2012. In order to prepare for the oncoming threat, the heroes Sora and Riku undergo exams to become Keyblade Masters. To acquire a new power, they must unlock the 7 sleeping keyholes by returning again…

This game showcases the evolution of action that has taken place in the series, and the battlefields have a nice tempo to run around in. In the realm of sleep, there are apparitions called Dream Eaters who become your companions for combat. There is also a system where you can enjoy feeding and playing with them.

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (Video Content)

This new, recorded HD work is a reflection to the tale of the mysterious Foretellers found in Kingdom Hearts χ for the PC browser and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ for smart phones. This is an important short story that will expand on the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep –A Fragmentary Passage-

A completely new work that picks up where Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (2011) leaves off and ties into Kingdom Hearts III, with Aqua as the playable character.

<Synopsis>

Immediately after Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, as Sora is preparing for the final battle that awaits, King Mickey reveals that he has a few secrets to confess. The subsequent story of Aqua, the one left behind in the realm of darkness, is finally told.

Square Enix also released a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue today, as well as various HD screenshots. All of these can be seen in the announcement article, here.

Click here to view the article

Following the announcement of an upcoming Kingdom Hearts title for the PlayStation 4, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue releasing in 2016, Square Enix Japan have issued a press release describing each title included in the collection. These summaries describe how each title ties into previous games in the series, as well as how they will tie into Kingdom Hearts III and the future of the series as a whole.

Translations of these can be read below, provided by News Team member soraspromise:

The Square Enix company ( Head Office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo , President: Yosuke Matsuda ) has decided that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be released for the Playstation 4. This special bundle has three works, including a brand new title that ties directly into Kingdom Hearts III.

Posted Image Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

An HD remastered version of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] which was released in 2012. In order to prepare for the oncoming threat, the heroes Sora and Riku undergo exams to become Keyblade Masters. To acquire a new power, they must unlock the 7 sleeping keyholes by returning again…

This game showcases the evolution of action that has taken place in the series, and the battlefields have a nice tempo to run around in. In the realm of sleep, there are apparitions called Dream Eaters who become your companions for combat. There is also a system where you can enjoy feeding and playing with them.

Posted Image Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (Video Content)

This new, recorded HD work is a reflection to the tale of the mysterious Foretellers found in Kingdom Hearts χ for the PC browser and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ for smart phones. This is an important short story that will expand on the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Posted Image Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep –A Fragmentary Passage-

A completely new work that picks up where Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (2011) leaves off and ties into Kingdom Hearts III, with Aqua as the playable character.

<Synopsis>

Immediately after Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, as Sora is preparing for the final battle that awaits, King Mickey reveals that he has a few secrets to confess. The subsequent story of Aqua, the one left behind in the realm of darkness, is finally told.

Square Enix also released a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue today, as well as various HD screenshots. All of these can be seen in the announcement article, here.

Click here to view the article

Looks like something did happen to Aqua after KH BBS

I always speculated this but didn't think that Mickey met Aqua in between BBS and  KH1. Maybe she helped him find the Kingdom Key D something happen then was left in the ROD still. Maybe she helped him find Kingdom Hearts then took separate paths or she could not go with him for some reason.  

Looks they caught my interest even more now 

So Mickey has known about Aqua and what she went through in the RoD? This definitely thickens the plot.

Yes it was implied at the end of Re:CodedMickey: "Master Yen Sid, I think we're finally close to figuring out where Ven's heart is"Yen Sid: "Is that so? Then that leaves only Terra"Mickey: "Right, and we gotta save all three of 'em!"This implies that they've known Aqua's whereabouts for a while (Probably since Mickey's road trip through the RoD to find the Kingdom Key D in the first KH) but where unable to bring her back. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I feel that a Fragmentary Passage will have stuff from the past and present, in that we play as Aqua right after the events of the Secret Episode in Birth by Sleep Final Mix and then move back to the present every now and then for Mickey to tell Sora and most likely Riku and Kairi as well those secrets that he has been hiding.  I wonder if he will also tell them about Vens heart since they might know that it's inside Sora now or maybe no yet.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –

[...]Immediately after KH3D, as Sora prepares for the final battle, the King confesses a lot of things that were kept secret. It is the subsequent story of one person named Aqua left behind in the Realm of Darkness that is finally told.

Does this basically confirm Connected's theory? I think so!!!

In the realm of sleep, there are apparitions called Dream Eaters who become your companions for combat. There is also a system where you can enjoy feeding and playing with them.

Awwww yiiiiiss, the return of Dream-Eater-Amie in glorious HD! 0/*

Though I do wonder how they're going to handle the games since they more or less relied on the 3DS's visual touchpad and gyroscope to be able to play the games.  :/

Edited by Bewilde

Gotta love all dat logo clutter

Awwww yiiiiiss, the return of Dream-Eater-Amie in glorious HD! 0/*

Though I do wonder how they're going to handle the games since they more or less relied on the 3DS's visual touchpad and gyroscope to be able to play the games.  :/

This is my main problem/worry regarding 3DHD.

I'm not entirely sure how the PS4 touchpad thing works, but I kinda doubt that it'd be able to function just like a 3DS Touch Screen. They've got Dream Eater interaction, Reality Shifts, and Link Portal stuff to take care of. And people will probably suggest that they do away with all that, but then it just wouldn't be the same.

Hopefully Squeenix sheds some light on this matter in the future.

Gotta love all dat logo clutter

This is my main problem/worry regarding 3DHD.

I'm not entirely sure how the PS4 touchpad thing works, but I kinda doubt that it'd be able to function just like a 3DS Touch Screen. They've got Dream Eater interaction, Reality Shifts, and Link Portal stuff to take care of. And people will probably suggest that they do away with all that, but then it just wouldn't be the same.

Hopefully Squeenix sheds some light on this matter in the future.

Yeah, I've got the same worries of how they're going to make it work on the PS4. The Dualshock4 controllers may have the touchpad, but I don't know the whole actual touching the parts that need to be touched will work. Maybe they'll make use of the motion-sensing in the controllers, and have some sort of cursor-like indicator on the screen that can be moved with the controller. That could work since the interesting things were only ever happening on one screen in terms of the Dream Eater interaction and Reality Shifts. I always thought Dream Drop Distance would work perfectly for the Wii U since it's pretty much a large version of a 3DS, but I suppose they wanted to keep it in a compilation like 1.5 and 2.5, and because of BBS 0.2 it'd need to be on the PS4. 

Regarding Link Portals, I have no idea how they'll incorporate that since it relied on people using StreetPass and going outside. They could probably have so online kind of situation where people can upload the portals and they get randomly placed in the games. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.  :)

I wonder if Mickey is talking about when he told Data-Sora that he was at Traverse Town; First District, right before Donald, Goofy, Jiminy, and Pluto showed up.

And it sounds like The Fragmentary Passage is told in a flashback told only to the player.

Edited by matteso586