Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Yes, this may be an oddball of a conclusion to make, but, here me out here. This is what I believe will happen.

Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover

Ephemera has made alliances with all the Foretellers, however, Chirithy's warning about a traitor that will turn the Foretellers against each-other makes them suspect that Ephemera was using them to bring the foretold "envelopment of darkness". So, as a consequence, they all simultaneously agree to banish Ephemera to The Realm Of Darkness. Anguis is the Foreteller that conducts the banishment upon Ephemera.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 

At the end of The Realm Of Darkness. Aqua notices a figure (who is Ephemera). She approaches it, however, after approaching it, she comes to realise that it is using the powers of Darkness and is wielding a Keyblade. From Ephemera's perspective, he believes that it is Anguis that has suddenly appeared, and as a means of defence, revenge and blinded rage, he proceeds to battle Aqua!

After the battle is over, Aqua and Ephemera exchange conversations. Aqua stresses the pain of darkness that was caused by Xehanort whilst Ephemera cries about the consequences of light after his experience with the Foretellers. They both agree that light and darkness must be at an equilibrium in order for balance to be maintained.

Edited by Guest

Ephemera is really just a symbol of hope and one of these children who will save the universe after the keyblade war due to the light within his heart.

He was exactly what Sora is now. We shouldn't interpret much in his role, he will just be a neutral person and I don't think that we will ever see him in KH3.

There's one problem with this. Since the events of Chi are taking place before the Keyblade War, the Realm of Darkness doesn't exist yet. So there is no way that the Foretellers would banish him there.

but if they can make a world from the future they might be able to make the RoD too

Wow, I would really like this. I was thinking about how Terra, Ventus, and Aqua's Keyblade Armors looked like some kinds of animals, such as Anguis.

In the 0.2 section, the way you said Ephemera and Aqua would meet sounds like the situation the Lingering Will had, with being blinded by revenge towards Xehanort and randomly fought Sora and his friends through complete anger and rage.

There's one problem with this. Since the events of Chi are taking place before the Keyblade War, the Realm of Darkness doesn't exist yet. So there is no way that the Foretellers would banish him there.

The realm of darkness is not on the same time axis as the past, present and future. Alternative, this may happen... it's not out of the question

but if they can make a world from the future they might be able to make the RoD too

Wow, I would really like this. I was thinking about how Terra, Ventus, and Aqua's Keyblade Armors looked like some kinds of animals, such as Anguis.In the 0.2 section, the way you said Ephemera and Aqua would meet sounds like the situation the Lingering Will had, with being blinded by revenge towards Xehanort and randomly fought Sora and his friends through complete anger and rage.

Exactly! however, because Ephemera has been in this realm for so long, reason and understanding is the last thing that would be on his mind.

The realm of darkness is not on the same time axis as the past, present and future. Alternative, this may happen... it's not out of the question

Yes, time in the Realm of Darkness flows slower than that of the Realm of Light, however, there's a difference between its time flow and its existence! They can't banish Ephemera to a place that doesn't exist yet, unless they banish him to a Realm of Darkness conjured by the Book of Prophecies. While that's a possibility, it is impossible to banish him to the actual Realm of Darkness cause it doesn't exist during the events of Chi.

Yes, time in the Realm of Darkness flows slower than that of the Realm of Light, however, there's a difference between its time flow and its existence! They can't banish Ephemera to a place that doesn't exist yet, unless they banish him to a Realm of Darkness conjured by the Book of Prophecies. While that's a possibility, it is impossible to banish him to the actual Realm of Darkness cause it doesn't exist during the events of Chi.

Wait, the realm of darkness always existed with the realm of light. It's entirely possible for anyone before the Keyblade war to be banished there.

Wait, the realm of darkness always existed with the realm of light. It's entirely possible for anyone before the Keyblade war to be banished there.

No because before the Keyblade War, darkness didn't exist at all. The only darkness that existed were the Heartless but they weren't created at that time, they were conjured by the Book of Prophecies.

Edited by Master Eraqus

No because before the Keyblade War, darkness didn't exist at all. The only darkness that existed were the Heartless but they weren't created at that time, they were conjured by the Book of Prophecies.

Aah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. So much for this theory.

Aah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. So much for this theory.

Oh man, I feel really bad now. :(

They can still meet though under different circumstances. We have no idea (yet) what will happen to Ephemera by the end of Chi. He may live, he may die. A lot can happen.

Oh man, I feel really bad now. :(

They can still meet though under different circumstances. We have no idea (yet) what will happen to Ephemera by the end of Chi. He may live, he may die. A lot can happen.

It's cool. This is what a forum like this is supposed to do: it's here to educate about the convoluted Kingdom Hearts lore.  :biggrin:

Yeah, I suppose the summoning of The Realm of Darkness through The Book of Prophecies seems the most plausible.