Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Toominator

[Updated] Pre-order Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue for $59.99

Following the announcement that Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be released in 2016 for the PlayStation 4, several retailers have put the game up for pre-order. It is listed as a full-price title ($59.99) with a placeholder date of 2016. Links to retailers with pre-orders available as well as a mock-up of the box art can be found below:

Play-Asia (Japanese Version)

Square Enix's North American online store

Gamestop

Amazon

Play-Asia (North American Version)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will contain three titles: an HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover, an HD cinematic that tells more about the story of the Foretellers, and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage-, which is a playable episode that follows Aqua after the events of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. Square Enix have elaborated on these titles with official summaries.

Will you be pre-ordering this game? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

I will wait till Amazon puts it up, and I will definitely be upgrading to a collectors edition should one be made.  I love that they didn't even need to announce that it would be released outside Japan, it helps take the worry off the fans and gives these announcements a much more global feel.

59.99? That's weird. I guess it's because X Back Cover is technically a new thing? And this makes me wonder just how long will the 0.2 BBS is going to be.

I like to think of the pricing like this: A game like MGSV: Ground Zeroes was $40. So, let's chalk up $40 for BBS 0.2. Then, DDD released at $40 on the 3DS, so there's another $40. Then KHX Back Cover, which is kind of like a free movie. So, a full price isn't too bad.

I like to think of the pricing like this: A game like MGSV: Ground Zeroes was $40. So, let's chalk up $40 for BBS 0.2. Then, DDD released at $40 on the 3DS, so there's another $40. Then KHX Back Cover, which is kind of like a free movie. So, a full price isn't too bad.

The price tag for MGSV: GZ was total BS. :/

A game like that is worth $5. Like Dead Rising: Case Zero.

$60/£40 sounds a bit much currently, unless they show or say that KH0.2 is longer and more substantial. Even with DDDHD and X: Back Cover.

I'll wait for a collector's edition announcement (you know it's coming since the 2.5 one did gangbusters) but full price, eh? I mean, 0.2 and Back Cover are entirely new, more or less, so it makes sense.

Edited by BlankShell

Yep, called it. Full price for a remake of a 3 year old 3DS game, a movie, and what will probably just be a short demo-type game judging from the description calling 0.2 a "playable episode." $60 seems like too much for this.

If I wasn't sure before then I sure am now. Not getting this. $60 is way too much for a game I have already played, a short movie and a small episode. 

I'll stick to Youtube.

Yep, called it. Full price for a remake of a 3 year old 3DS game, a movie, and what will probably just be a short demo-type game judging from the description calling 0.2 a "playable episode." $60 seems like too much for this.

Yeah. Most of us here already own 3D, and X:BC will inevitably be uploaded to youtube within a week of release. The "playable episode" pretty much confirms it's our Ground Zeroes; not that I'm still a bit envious I won't be able to play it, but it's probably going to have, what, an hour or two of gameplay?

$60 is definitely overcharging things; but what can I say, it's Square.

My guess is it's the same excuse for Type-0 HD, it's on the new-gen consoles. Is it bull? Maybe, probably. But at this point it's what should be expected of SE. These are the same people that priced a mobile port of FF at twenty dollars.

$30 bucks for the DDD remaster

$20 for the 2 hour BBSv.2

$10 for the Chi cinematic text boxes

I made respectable changes but I think you more or less hit the nail in the head.