Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

New details & screenshots from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in the most recent Famitsu Weekly issue

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly (releasing on September 17th) has included an article on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, giving us some new information about the titles included within the collection. The article goes into detail on all three titles, giving new information on Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, and some details on Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD.

We have scanned and uploaded all Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue screenshots and images from the article to our gallery, and these can be seen below. Formal translations can also be found below, thanks to goldpanner and News Team member soraspromise.

New Title Scoop

> Three works encompassing every single one of the new titles[/font]

The Kingdom Hearts[/font] (hereon KH) series, in which a deep story unfolds on a stage of Disney worlds, is seeing new activity![/font][/font]

[sora: Yeah, it's a promise.][/font]

[sora - Cheerful and positive, he is the protagonist of the KH series. In KH Dream Drop Distance HD,[/font][/font] included in[/font] [/font]KH2.8, he faces the Mark of Mastery Exam.][/font][/font]

> Stories you ought to know before the final chapter[/font]

KH HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (hereon [/font][/font]KH2.8[/font]) is a compilation title packed with three important episodes that will connect to the newest numbered title, [/font]KH3. The content looks extravagantly deluxe, as it includes a HD remake, a cinematic work and a completely new work.[/font][/font]

[Mickey: What you did back then--your mistakes--changed the destinies of three of my friends!][/font]

[Riku: I walk the road to dawn!][/font]

[Riku - Sora's best friend. Despite being cool, he has unusually strong feelings for his friends. His heart was once swallowed by the darkness, but no longer. He is taking the Mark of Mastery exam along with Sora.][/font]

> Chronological range of the compilation[/font]

A general timeline of the series is as on the right. KH2.8[/font][/font]'s [/font]KHX Back Cover[/font] is set during the same time as [/font]KHX[/font] and [/font]KH Unchained X[/font]. The time period portrayed in[/font] KH0.2 Birth by Sleep Fragmented Message[/font] is unclear, as are the connections. Is there a chance it links to [/font]KH3?[/font][/font]

KHBBS → KH1 (nine to ten years after)[/font]

KH1 → KHDays (during/after endgame events)[/font]

KH1 → KHCoM (immediately following)[/font]

KHDays → KH2 (immediately following)[/font]

KHCoM → KH2 (about one year after)[/font][/font]

KH2 → KHCoded (immediately following)[/font]

KHCoded → KH3D (immediately following)[/font]

KHX/UnX → KHBBS (over one hundred years after)[/font]

On this page are images of KH Dream Drop Distance HD[/font][/font]. [/font]KH3D [Dream Drop Distance][/font] (hereon [/font]KH3D), in even higher detail! We will introduce the other two titles on the next page.[/font][/font]

> All events are connected[/font]

KH2.8 is composed of three works. Let's introduce them. [/font][/font]KHHD 1.5 Remix[/font] and [/font]KHHD 2.5 Remix[/font], which saw the series remade in HD, have already been released, and this title is the last piece of the puzzle needed to complete the story that leads to [/font]KH3[/font]. Let's play it all the way through and wait for the single conclusion to be depicted in [/font]KH3. [/font][/font]

> The story of KH0.2 Birth by Sleep Fragmentary Passage[/font][/font]

NEW TITLE[/font]

Ventus, Terra, Aqua. These three, who were training to become Keyblade Masters, met cruel fates. Ventus fell into a deep, unwaking sleep, as his heart had been broken. Terra had his body stolen through the schemes of Master Xehanort, and his heart vanished somewhere. And Aqua was trapped in the Realm of Darkness, where she fell protecting her friends. These are the things she saw and experienced there...[/font]

[Aqua - One of the protagonists of KH Birth by Sleep[/font]. A serious woman with the true strength needed to be a Keyblade Master. She fell into the Realm of Darkness protecting her friends.][/font][/font]

This is the sequel to KH Birth by Sleep[/font], which had three Keyblade Wielders serving as the protagonists. We follow the events that one of them, Aqua, experiences as she wanders in the Realm of Darkness. There she had yet-unknown thoughts and meetings.[/font][/font]

> The story of KH[/font][/font]

χ Back Cover

CINEMATIC WORK[/font]

All the worlds were one, with no distance between them. [/font]Someday, this period will only be known as a fairy tale. It all began in Daybreak Town. He is the master of masters, able to see the future. So without waiting for the future to pass, he wrote down the prophecy depicting the future of 5 of the 6 disciples. Based on the prophecy, the five disciples undertook missions from their master’s teachings and formed their own unions. After Heartless began to appear, they began to collect Keyblade wielders who shared their mindsets and asked them to collect the “light”.

KHχ” and “KH Unchained χ

“Keyblade War” has become one of the keywords of the Kingdom Hearts series thus far. KHχ is in service on PC Browsers while KH Unchained χ has just begun service on iOS and Android. The scenario of the two games are basically the same, but there has been a trick prepared. Make sure to check both!

KH Dream Drop Distance HD’s story”

An HD Remake.

Different dreams are connected--When you fall into a dream through a dream, it leads to the “Realm of Sleep”. Some of these worlds were visited on the first trip, but fell into sleep after being lost to darkness. Through that gate, even Heartless may not enter. Instead of Heartless, there is a new dark being in the closed off realm of sleep. It is necessary to take preparation to fight against these dark entities. So both Sora and Riku must pass the examination to be recognized as Keyblade Masters. To gain new power, they must explore the realm of sleep and unlock sleeping keyholes. Equal to the number of light, they must unlock 7 keyholes to be able to return as a master.

This is a HD remake of the Nintendo 3DS title KH3D[/font], in which Sora and Riku travel the Sleeping Worlds. It seems as though the gameplay that made use of the 3DS lower screen will be reworked for a single screen without feeling off. We are interested to find out whether there will be new elements.[/font][/font]

[C'mon, Musketeers. We've got a princess to rescue.][/font][/font]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click here to view the article

Unknown memories? looks like we're going to be visiting certain Birth by Sleep worlds again in The Realm Of Darkness... I have a feeling that it will be the worlds that the Princess Of Hearts are from. As far as the encounter goes, It may either be Mickey or Ansem, The Wise.

I can see DDD not having much "extra". I mean, it has to be altered to fit the PS4, obviously, but it's not like there was any content that wasn't available, so I figure they'd make a bigger deal about brand new stuff.

Also I love how it describes Aqua as "loitering". Like she totally doesn't have anything better to do.

When I heard about this yesterday, I was breathing heavily. :D

Interesting that they don't show Tron world. Maybe they will update it a little bit. Aqua is confronted with unknown memories? ...Chain of memories? Soras memories? Xion?

No Symphony of Sorcery either.

Hopefully they'll add in some new content for DDD, I always felt that once you complete those extra challenges things got a bit stagnant, it would be nice to have extra things to do, such as new hidden bosses that contribute to the storyline or new abilities for Sora and Riku, or even new Dream Eaters and minigames. I also hope that the soundtrack is reorchestrated (at least for the most part) and that the game will support 3D TV's as well, it would just make sense in my book. And of course, I hope that Chi and 0.2 are fun too, and if nothing else I hope they both have amazing soundtracks to them as well! Really, I just want this collection to be the best it can be, and DDD is already one of my most favorite soundtracks, so it would be really cool to hear at least most of the soundtrack be reworked for one of my more favorite games in the series. X3 <3

Interesting that they don't show Tron world. Maybe they will update it a little bit. Aqua is confronted with unknown memories? ...Chain of memories? Soras memories? Xion?

Why do I get the feeling it will be memories of the Grand Master, his pupils, or memories that connect to chi in general. I mean, she is 10 year prior to what happened to Sora, Xion, etc... unless those memories are future sights... 0_0

Why do I get the feeling it will be memories of the Grand Master, his pupils, or memories that connect to chi in general. I mean, she is 10 year prior to what happened to Sora, Xion, etc... unless those memories are future sights... 0_0

Not really. She remains in the RoD until after KH2. She could have some connection with the events in Castle Oblivion or Twilight Town.

Not really. She remains in the RoD until after KH2. She could have some connection with the events in Castle Oblivion or Twilight Town.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –The most interesting thing is a very brief mention of BBS 0.2's story. It says it happens sometime along Aqua's loitering around in the Realm of Darkness, but it is specifically hiding where in the 10 year gap between BBS and KH1 this occurs.During this loitering she stumbles across "unknown memories" and an encounter. 

Unknown memories? looks like we're going to be visiting certain Birth by Sleep worlds again in The Realm Of Darkness... I have a feeling that it will be the worlds that the Princess Of Hearts are from. As far as the encounter goes, It may either be Mickey or Ansem, The Wise.

You might be right maybe she was sending the worlds from the realm of darkness back up to the realm of light for sora to visit in KH1 and personally I think she encounters mickey something happens and she decides to stay behind to help do something form the realm of darkness.

100 years between KHχ and BBS? That is a much shorter time period than I imagined, I would've assumed at least a thousand...

Could have been a translation issue, and even if not, it still said OVER a hundred years. It's not very specific, but it could still be something in the range of a thousand, or a million. Maybe by X Back Cover they'll establish a certain time frame.