Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

Goodbye Kingdom Hearts!

I've been a fan of this franchise for nearly 10 years and I can't believe this is happening...

I bought a freaking 3DS in order to play Days and DDD and when I saw the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 I was hyped! Couldn't wait to play Dream Drop Distance on my PS3! Then... I saw the ending. PS4 exclusive. It was bad enough that I was unable to order the "premium" version of 2.5, knowing that I'll never play KHIII but now this and a new chapter of BBS? This is firetrucking bullshit! I'm done; so done. I'm just going to do what I do with Asassin's Creed. Play the titles I like and forget the rest. I can't buy a stupid PS4! Not until I get a stable job and that's only going to happen' after I'm done with college, so.. in like a 8 years...

So... this means that for me KH2 is the last game in the franchise and DDD was just a dream. There! ^^

Edited by Marcomax

Uh... Porting DDD to the PS3 is impossible because unlike the PS4, it doesn't have a touchpad, and DDD is heavily based on the touchepad.

No idea why did you expect DDD on PS3 in the first place.

Also, 0.2 is a playable episode, meaning it is likely that it is around 2 hours of gameplay. It is pretty much a KH3 demo, really.

Edited by Darth Hydra

I disagree with you because of the reasons that every one else has said.

The only reason I liked your post is because of the topic's name "goodbye kingdom hearts!", which is exactly what I really wanted to say when I saw KH2.8 announced, but then I thought about it carefuly, and I have to finnish the Xehanort Saga before leaving Kingdom Hearts. But I will probably stop playing new Kingdom Hearts games for a while once the Xehanort Saga is over. I'm just saying my own wishes and opinions, I'm not trying to start a new debate of complains against the KH series.

I haven't got much money and now I'm hoping that they release 2.8 in Europe in Summer so that I can save some money :D

The struggles of being a student hahaha

Edited by NoWay

I'm sorry, but what else did you expect? The PS3 is NINE years old now, you can't expect they will keep releasing games on such a old console, especially with all the new possibillaties they have with the PS4. And besides, it can't even run on a PS3 because BBSV2 uses the new engine, and the PS3 controllor doesn't have the touchpad. So no, this is not bullshit :')

Nine years old already? Wow, time flies. I never got one myself, but godamn.

I don't see why playing DDD is now a dream.  You have a 3DS now to play it on, right?  Sure it won't be in HD, but the 3DS's graphics were still stellar and it'll probably be a fairly enjoyable experience.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, as well as giving up on the series, but maybe taking some time away from the games would be ideal.  Time heals, truly.  Regarding the PS4, a lot of us can't afford one right now, but it's entirely possible that in the next year or two that they'll drop the price, and maybe you could get it for a birthday or holiday or something.  That, or just start asking for money to buy the PS4 for all of your holidays and birthday.  You got a PS3 and 3DS, right?  It's entirely possible that you'll get a PS4 in a couple of years, if not sooner.  Don't lose faith!  It seems realistic to me.

Geez, relax man, it's not the end of the world. The opportunity will come to you in time, but until it does it doesn't mean you have to give up on the series entirely, or at least deny the existence of several other titles for the sake of feeling better about not getting them. If you need to take some time away for I while, that might be good. And you never know, in a year or so the price might drop that will make it at least a little more easy to afford. I don't have a PS4 yet either, but I'm trying to find a way to manage any money I do have and find ways to make more while keeping balance with college. I don't truly understand how demanding your life might be as you do, but I am telling you, it can be done! With enough hard work, determination, and patience, anything is possible. I find that it helps me be productive when I have a short term goal to reach, so maybe that might help too. Take care friend, do what you need to to de-stress yourself, focus on more important things, but don't give up altogether. <3

Since Birth By Sleep Volume 2 runs on the Unreal Engine 4 along with the Kingdom Shader, it's impossible for it to be on the PS3. Plus, Dream Drop Distance's gameplay integrated the touch screen a lot. The PS4 controller does have a touch pad that can 'replace' the touch screen while the PS3 controller doesn't really have anything to 'replace' the touch screen.

With all this in mind, there's no way that 2.8 would be on the PS3. You've had plenty of time now to save money for a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts 3 since 2013 and you still have plenty of time cause KH3 is most likely gonna come out in 2017.

I'm 17; studying with parents who do not let me get a job and only use money for school. Cinema School will consume a lot of my time.

If this was a "leaving" thread, I'd say "See you tommorrow", but meh

It's 2015, don't expect the PS3 to live much longer :/

I dunno why companies think the PS3 can't handle stuff when it can. :/ So many new games are running perfectly on this system and some recent games look even as good, or better than some of the PS4 titles.

um just wait it out man, you'll get one eventually 

Took me like 8 years to get a PS3...

well at least the 3DS has some good games to keep you entertained

Not really.

I can't find any new games. Haven't bought one since 2012. KH3D and Days are the only decent games I have for this console.

I tried Zelda, not my thing..

I'm sorry, but what else did you expect? The PS3 is NINE years old now, you can't expect they will keep releasing games on such a old console, especially with all the new possibillaties they have with the PS4. And besides, it can't even run on a PS3 because BBSV2 uses the new engine, and the PS3 controllor doesn't have the touchpad. So no, this is not bullshit :')

Beyond: Two Souls

Sooner or later you have to buy a PS4 for KH3, but I assume that you are a troll? Get a job, don't waste your money and you will be able to enjoy it.

Btw I'm angry because KH3 is not coming for Gameboy Advance.

I honestly agree with most people above. The PS3 is old and although some companies are still making games for the last generation we are moving on. The PS4, Xbone and Wii U are the current gen consoles now. I know it's annoying but thats how it works. Making a post about your troubles on the internet does nothing either. 

Not really.

I can't find any new games. Haven't bought one since 2012. KH3D and Days are the only decent games I have for this console.

By the way the 3DS alone (not counting the DS) has over 600 games. I've got about 25 but there are lots of good games for the 3DS. Not all of them are Zelda games. I only own 2 of them out of 3 so yeah... There are tons of decent and good games for the handheld. Try some other series' out! I promise there are some real gems!  ;)

Ok back up. Hold on! I was 14 years old when I started saving up for a ps4. I got an empty jar of hot choclate, and put on a sticky label that said ps4 fund. I had no job back then, apart from the odd jobs you get at that age, and in July this year i had saved up £265 for a ps4. It wasn't enough, but my mum paid the difference even though i got a job to pay for the rest in June. Don't tell me, that you cant save up for a ps4! I'm 16 now, probably a lot younger than you. If you want it bad enough you'll get it

-_-

I'm sorry, but at some point they have to stop with the PS3 and move on. If you can't get a PS4 now, okay, fine. Don't blame the devs for not wanting to put it on PS3. After all, some mechanics simply would not work on PS3 (touch controls). In the end, you're in the complete minority. Most of the people here are getting PS4s for KH3, they're not going to cater to just a few people who don't want to upgrade, especially since finding a work around for those controls which would cost a good amount of time and money.

One more thing: You say you won't have time in cinema school, but like any other college you'll probably have quite a bit of free time. I think you're seriously overestimating it.

Edited by ShadowKeyblade