Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Roleplay DragonBall: XenoCrisis (1x1 w/ Shulk) [CANCELLED]

== Age 700, TokiToki City =

A bright light descended from the sky and touched down on the ground. From the light, three beings emerged: a trio of young Saiyan warriors from a distant future, though not as distant as the one they were in now.

The three were in awe and in confusion at what they saw: a wondrously structured city made up of green plains, white buildings, technologically advanced hubs and transporters, and all painted with a sleek color of mysticism.  

Caba / Zikuni

"W-wow... where are we?" one of the Saiyans named Caba asked.

"The better questions are how and why. We literally just got poofed out of nowhere in the middle of our training session!" said the female Saiyan, Zikuni.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Aspar was just as confused as Caba and Zikuni were. "I don't think I've ever seen a place like this one..." He studied his surroundings, trying to spot anything strange... He quickly got into a defensive stance. "Hey, we should be careful. Someone might have taken us here for some reason, and I'm not letting my guard down."

Caba / Zikuni

"No doubt. I wouldn't mind giving whoever or whatever it is was who sent us here a piece of my mind anyway," Zikuni said, resting her hand on the sword strapped to her back.

"Um, right. This could be trouble after all," Caba said.

A moment later, they heard footsteps. They belonged a young man that was walking towards them. He had purple hair, a sword like Zikuni's, a green jacket, and a small grin plastered on his face. Both Caba and Zikuni kept their guard up.

"You're surprised I'm sure. I'll explain it all to you later..." the man said.

"But for now..." The man slowly drew the sword on his back from out of its sheath and pointed it at the trio. "Let's see what you got!"

The man then let out a cry as he rushed forward, sword in his hands. Following his actions, Zikuni drew her own sword and clashed with the young man. They held each other at a stalemate.

"W-what the heck is your deal?!" Zikuni yelled.

"Hmm... impressive..." the man said to himself.

"Wait..." Caba said from afar. "He seems... kinda familiar..."

As Zikuni kept the mysterious man at bay, Aspar decided to launch a surprise attack. He flew at their attacker from behind, preparing a kick. "She's not the only one you're going to be dealing with, you know!" He exclaimed as he tried to land a kick at the back of the man's head, and then follow it up with a flurry of punches. "It's three against one right now!"

Caba / Zikuni

The man saw through Aspar's loud attack and ducked under his kick while still holding himself against Zikuni. However, he took advantage of the confusion and leapt up and away from the two, causing Zikuni to almost lose balance after putting all her weight on the sword.

"Agh! Jerk!" Zikuni cursed.

The man landed behind Caba, who quickly turned around and got into a stance.

"You said I looked familiar, right?" the man asked Caba.

"Um, yeah... but it's kind of faint," Caba replied while still in a stance.

"I see. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll come to you eventually," the man replied, looking as though he would attack Caba. But before he did anything else, he threw his sword up in the air, catching Caba off-guard as he rushed in and attacked with his fists.

Caba and the man traded a few blows, but the man launched Caba back with a strong kick, sending him into Zikuni and Aspar.

"Agh, Caba, quit daydreamin'!" Zikuni said.

"S-sorry!" Caba said, quickly getting off the two.

"Ugh... this guy's fast..." Aspar muttered as the mysterious man dodged his attack. Having Caba thrown into him didn't make Aspar any happier. He tried to think of some way to counter this guy... Maybe I should try this! He lifted his palm into the air, and a glowing disk of energy formed above it. "Destructo Disk!" He hurled the disk at the man, hoping that an energy attack would work well.

Caba / Zikuni

The man was able to see through Aspar's attack and dodge at the right time.

"Now that was something..." he replied, catching his sword and putting it back into its sheath. "Okay, I think I've seen enough."

"Seen enough of what?" Caba asked.

"Yeah, just what the heck is going on?!" Zikuni said.

"I apologize, maybe I was a bit too hasty. Here, I'll go through it really quickly.."

The man then explained that he was Trunks, the son of Vegeta and Bulma, and that they were all in an alternate timeline. Trunks told the young Saiyans of his exploits through time in his pursuit to help the legendary Son Goku, and how afterwards, he was convinced by the Supreme Kai of Time to create the Time Patrol, a group of warriors tasked with the responsibility of keeping all time in place, and that Caba, Zikuni, Aspar, and other fighters were selected to become members.

"W-wait... You want us to help fix time? As in, like, events that involve Master Goku?" Caba asked.

"That's correct. Right now, there is a major crisis at large. Several events in time are being corrupted and changed. There is a mysterious force who, if they continue to do these things, may rupture all of time itself."

"Okay, but how exactly is time being messed with?" Zikuni asked.

"I'll show you. Follow me," Trunks said, leading the three away from the place they were summoned and through what Trunks called "TokiToki City". They passed by many other structures and other fighters along the way. Eventually, Trunks led them to an open gate which led to an great, open field populated by a single house on the plains and at the end of a long winding sidewalk, a giant building reminiscent of a library.

Trunks led the three inside. "This is the Time Nest. All of history is recorded in this place and every event can be viewed." Trunks then went to one of the various shelves on the walls of the room and pulled out a scroll that was glowing with purple energy.

"This scroll is tainted with evil energy, and it indicates that an event in history is being manipulated... I ask if you three will help in setting things right," Trunks asked. "I know you haven't actually agreed to being on the Time Patrol... but from what I've gathered from our fight, you all have great potential as fighters. And not only would you be able to train and get stronger if you joined the Patrol, but you'd be fighting for great cause." Trunks said.

Normally, Aspar would be a little bit skeptical of such a request. This man had attacked him the moment they'd met, and had hastily explained what was going on. For all Aspar knew, this could have been a trap. However, knowing that he was talking to Trunks, the son of the great warrior Vegeta, was enough to put him at ease. "I'd gladly help a warrior as powerful and influential as you are, Mister Trunks!" He exclaimed, clearly excited. "I'm Aspar, and I'll be the next biggest Saiyan warrior! I promise to do whatever tasks are necessary for me to bring about order." He saluted the man, keeping a stiff, professional appearance. However, that quickly died down as he slouched a bit. "So, uh... how exactly do we fix time, anyway?" He asked, looking confused. "I mean, it's not like we can go back to whatever events are being messed with... right?"

"I'm with Aspar. I for one fully trust you, Master Trunks. I've always wanted to fight alongside the great heroes and allies of Master Son Goku, and it would be an honor to help in such a crisis as this," Caba said, fully commited.

Zikuni throughout the conversation was simply staring off the side. After he was done, Caba, without looking away, elbowed Zikuni in the arm, getting her attention back. She was irritated, of course, but instead of flat-out denying Trunks' words, she sighed and said:

"Alright, I guess I'm in too. But I've got my eye on you," She said, eyeing Trunks, which made the Earthling/Saiyan hybrid sweatdrop.

"Uh, heh heh... right..." He said. "Anyways, to answer your question Aspar: I will be sending you to this specific event in order for you to fix the corruption and set time into its correct chain of flow."

Trunks then opened the scroll in his hand and revealed the image inside to the three Saiyans. What was shown was a small "window to time" much like a small tv screen fitted onto the scroll, which played back the event in question.

= Age 761 / Spinach Wastelands / Saiyan Arc / Goku & Piccolo v. Raditz =

"Makankosappo!!" Piccolo shouted, firing his new technique from the tips of his fingers. The beam shot straight forward and was aiming to hit Son Goku and Raditz up ahead, the former holding onto the latter so that they would both be struck.

But in a flash, Raditz gained an extra boost of power, his eyes turning red as a dark purple aura surrounded his body. This allowed him to quickly escape from Goku's hold, leaving him the only target for the Mankankosappo to hit. It barelled into Goku's chest, killing him within an instant. Raditz used this moment of surprise to fire a giant wave of energy at the now exhausted Piccolo. It engulfed his entire body. Now Raditz stood with his new found power ever increasing, cackling away while little Gohan laid unconscious by his side. It was possible he would go after him next, as well as the rest of the people on Planet Earth...

Trunks closed up the scroll, leaving Caba and Zikuni in a stunned daze.

"That... that was horrible..." Caba said.

"Not to mention cruel. I forgot how much of a lunatic Goku's brother was..." Zikuni added.

"The reason for Raditz's increase in power seems to be that aura he gained," Trunks explained. "Whoever is corrupting time is doing so by giving the villains and enemies of Goku an extra source of power, allowing them to re-write history by defeating Goku and his allies in several battles."

"They're rewriting history...?" Aspar asked, looking slightly confused. "Well... in that case, we'll have to write it back the way it was, right?" He smirked. "You said you can send us back, right? I'm ready to go and take on Raditz. It'd be fun fighting some of the people who went up against Goku and the others, anyway." He was clearly excited by the upcoming battle. He looked over at his two companions as well. "I hope you're ready, too. I want to go right now, Trunks!"

"You bet!" Caba replied.

"Well... if I get to beat down a creep like Raditz, then it'll be worth it," Zikuni replied.

"I'm glad to see your enthusiasm," Trunks said. "However, I can't send all three of you at once."

"Really? Why's that?" Caba said.

"Having too many people in the timeline may cause more harm than good. The threads of time are already being unraveled by this unknown force, we don't need to making even more messes to clean up," Trunks explained. "That's why I'm asking that you stay behind while Zikuni and Aspar go on without you, Caba. I feel their skillsets will be the most effective in this battle."

"Oh... I see..." Caba said, clearly feeling like the weak link of the group.

"Don't feel bad, Caba. Part of being a Time Patroller means you'll be able to grow as a fighter as well," Trunks assured with a smile.

"Uh, yeah, don't beat yourself up. Just let me and Aspar take care of this one for now," Zikuni said, patting Caba on the back in encouragement. As much as a sourpuss as she was most of the time, she couldn't help but cheer Caba up after seeing him in his saddened state.

"R-right... thanks... a-and good luck to you, too," Caba said, Zikuni nodding in response.

"Take this scroll and focus your Ki into it. It'll send you back in time to where the battle is taking place," Trunks instructed.

Zikuni took the scroll from Trunks and looked to Aspar. "You ready for this? I don't want to have to play babysitter, you know."

Edited by Firaga Sensei

"Yeah, don't worry about it, Caba. You'll get your chance to take on one of the other jerks that Goku and the others fought soon, I'm sure!" He gave his friend a thumbs up, hoping to cheer him up. After this, he looked back at Zikuni. "Yep, I'm all ready! With us two working together, there's no way that Raditz can take us down." He gave a determined grin.

"Thanks, Aspar," Caba said in response to his friend's kind words, smiling back.

"Okay... here goes nothing," Zikuni said. 

With that, the young Saiyan girl focused her Ki into the scroll, teleporting both her and Aspar to the distant past...

----------

Zikuni and Aspar found themselves on top of a mountain in the Spinach Wastelands. Down below, they could see that Goku and Piccolo had just begun to engage Raditz. They simultaneously bombarded Raditz with a series of blows, which the Saiyan invader was able to block with ease.

Watching the continuing exchanges, Zikuni couldn't help but be excited by the action. "Man... seeing Goku fight like this... it makes it really clear why he's such a legend in our time," she said.

"Hello, Aspar and Zikuni? Come in!" said a voice that somewhat started the young Saiyan from her thoughts. "Trunks? Is that you? What's up, where are you?" she said, hearing nothing but a voice seemingly coming from nowhere.

"I'm connecting to yours and Aspars thoughts through the timestream so I can monitor your actions. I have Caba on the same line."

"Indeed he does," Caba confirmed.

"Now then: I've transferred you far back enough to where before the major error occurs in the timeline. It will be your job to assist in the battle and achieve the outcome that is supposed to take place in this event. I'll alert you when that time comes," Trunks said.

"Right, gotcha. I can't wait to start. This battle's already got me fired up," Zikuni said, placing her hand around the grip of her sword.

Meanwhile, Goku and Piccolo continued to fight Raditz. Raditz, once again enduring a barrage of strikes, then got behind Goku and Piccolo and elbowed them both int he back, sending them flying forward. Taking advantage of the situation, Raditz fired a purple blast of Ki directly at Goku, hitting him straight int the chest and onto his back on the ground. Moving fast once more, Raditz went to Goku and planted his boot straight onto the spot that his blast hit, trapping his weakened younger brother.

"Now would be a good time to surrender, Kakarot... this is the last chance that I extend my offer to you, I suggest you take it. After all, family should stick together. Wouldn't you agree," Raditz said.

"S-shut up!" Goku responded defiantly albeit through a pained cry. "You're not family at all! I'd never join with someone as cruel as you!"

"Is that so... then die!" Raditz yelled, increasing the pressure of his boot and causing Goku to scream out in agony. But before Raditz could continue, the Scouter on his face began going off, detecting a nearby power level. "W-what? Who is that?" He asked.

Then nearby, in the pit where Raditz's ship had crashed and where he had imprisoned Gohan, Gohan himself sprang out of the small ship, breaking it into pieces in the process. He landed outside the pit, a few feet from where Raditz and Goku were.

Clearing seething with rage, his power increased rapidly, making Raditz's scouter go beserk. "I-I don't understand! How this is possible?!" Raditz cried.

"S-stop it... stop hurting my DADDY!" Gohan cried, his immense power exherting out of his small body as he flew directly towards Raditz. In the normal flow of time, this would be the part where Gohan headbutts his would-be uncle in the chest and leaving him open for Goku and Piccolo to finish him off with Piccolo's Makankosappo... but just like with the scroll's foretelling, Raditz's aura turned purple and his eyes turned red. He smirked as he effortlessly dodged Gohan.

"There it is! Raditz has been tainted by the unknown enemy! Go, now!" Trunks instructed Zikuni and Aspar.

The small Gohan sputtered out and landed harshly on the ground. Raditz, now heightened by his newfound power, fired a blast of energy at the young half-Saiyan, half-Human.

"No!!" Goku cried as he continued to lay on the ground, unable to move and shield his son...

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Aspar quickly flew in and deflected Raditz's Ki blast. "Sorry, but I can't let this kid get hurt. Why not try picking a fight with someone a little tougher, anyway?" He smirked. He tried not to let it show, but he was actually excited to battle someone from Goku's past, even if it was just Raditz. He knew that this was a serious mission, but this was still too exciting for him to not want to have a little fun. After deflecting the blast, he flew towards Raditz and tried to land a punch to the Saiyan warrior's face. He followed this up with a swinging kick to the gut.

Surprised by Aspar's appearance, he was not ready for the young Saiyans attack, so much so that his first punch connected harshly. However, his increased stamina allowing him to quickly recover, he caught Aspar's kick and then sent him away with a punch of his own.

Meanwhile, Zikuni had carried Gohan and put him in a safer place, away from the battle.

"Hang tight, little guy," she said before re-grouped with Piccolo and Goku.

"Friends of yours?" Piccolo asked Goku, who shook his head.

"Nah, I don't know 'em, but I got a good feeling that I can trust them. They saved Gohan after all," Goku said, reclaiming his happy demeanor.

"Don't worry, you can trust us. We're here to help you take this creep down," Zikuni explained.

"Sounds good! Let's get back in the fray then!" Goku said.

"Don't slow us down either," Piccolo added, the three setting out to re-group with Aspar.

"I already filled them in. Well, sort of, but you know, still, we're good now," Zikuni whispered to Aspar. 

Raditz flew into the air and stared down at the now increased number of enemies below him. "Calling in reinforcements, are you? Well, no matter, you'll all share the same fate: death!" The Saiyan cried, his aura increasing. He then shot a barrage of Ki blasts at the four.

"Sounds good, Zikuni. That should help a lot." Aspar whispered back to the Saiyan girl, then faced Raditz. "The only one facing that fate is going to be you, Raditz!" He tried to give a cool response, though it just sounded generic. He swatted a few Ki blasts away, although one did manage to hit him. It stung, but he managed to keep his balance. "Ugh... I guess it's true, you're as much of a wimp as I heard you were!" He shouted, although the blast did hurt quite a bit. He hoped that he could make Raditz lose his focus, or direct all of his efforts on Aspar. That could help the others find an opening for an attack. After shouting this, he flew towards the opposing Saiyan and stopped just above his head. He stuck his foot out, and quickly spun, aiming a kick at Raditz's head. He hoped to knock the Saiyan down, leaving him open to more attacks from Zikuni and the Z-Fighters.

Zikuni, Piccolo, and Goku spread out to dodge the blasts that were coming their way.

Meanwhile, Raditz prepared himself for Aspar's run-in, grabbing his boot before his kick could connect.

"You worms are awfully persistent. I'll take pleasure in exercising my new power on you!" Raditz cried, his aura flaring up as he turned around and slammed Aspar straight into the Earth.

"Aw man. Hang on Aspar!" Zikuni said, drawing the sword from her back and dashing in as well. Raditz turned around and hurled Aspar straight towards her.

Zikuni stopped herself in time in order to grab Aspar's collar and stop him from flying further. Goku and Piccolo took the chance to once again trade blows with Raditz.

"Ugh, look man, you gotta start pullin' it together! I told you before, I don't have time be babysittin' you on the battlefield!" Zikuni frustratingly said. "Why are you chargin' in like that anyway? This guy ain't a pushover, he already proved that."

"Zikuni has a point, Aspar," Caba said. "Acting cocky isn't the best strategy right now. You'll have to be smart about this."

Aspar was surprised by how easily Raditz countered his attack. He'd heard that Raditz wasn't very powerful compared to Goku's allies... There really was something weird going on here. The Saiyan's attacks hurt, but Aspar still had plenty of energy left. He listened to his friends' warnings, and nodded. "Yeah, you're right... This guy's a lot tougher than I thought he'd be." He studied Raditz, trying to find an opening. Sadly, there wasn't one. "Got a plan, Zikuni? I'm fine with anything you can think up." The young Saiyan smirked, excited to get back into the battle. He wouldn't go down that easily.

"I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!" Zikuni said, racking her brains, and although she was frustrated, she acknowledged Aspar's surprising act of maturity, as did Caba and Trunks.

Meanwhile, Goku and Piccolo were pushed back once again by Raditz, re-grouping in front of Zikuni and Aspar. They were noticeably exhausted, while from afar Raditz barely even held a scratch.

"Goku, listen to me..." Piccolo said between breaths. "Have you been developing any new techniques?"

"Well, uh, sorry, but no," Goku confirmed and chuckled, much to Piccolo's chagrin.

"I should have figured. You fool..." Piccolo snarked, still not above mocking Goku even if they currently held a truce. "Either way, have a new technique that's prime and ready. However, there's a catch: you'll need to hold him off for me so I can charge up enough energy to use it."

"How long would that be?"

"Five minutes, at the least. Think you can manage?"

"Sure!" Goku then looked behind him to the two Time Patrollers. "Hey guys, think you can help out?"

"Of course. That's what we're here for," Zikuni said. Plus, it's better than anything I coulda thought of... she thought.

"Alright! Okay, just follow my lead," Goku commanded, dashing back into the battlefield, Zikuni in tow.

Goku and Raditz clashed once more, Goku managing to fair slightly better due to an increased amount of morale as well as focusing on keeping Raditz off-guard. After an exchange of blows, Goku was launched back once more, but used his momentum to skyrocket himself into the air. He then cupped his hands together and held them at his side. "Now, guys!" He yelled, prompting Zikuni and Aspar to attack.

"Gotcha!" Zikuni said, drawing her sword and advancing in on Raditz.

"Leave it to us!" Aspar exclaimed. Heh, now's my chance! "Take this, Baditz!" He taunted the opposing Saiyan, proud of the name he'd made up in the moment. He fired a volley of ki blasts at Raditz, and once he'd closed in, he aimed a kick at the Saiyan's stomach. He knew it was a bit of a reckless move, but he was just distracting Raditz so Goku and Piccolo could follow up with their own attacks. This wasn't meant to be too damaging, although if this did hurt his enemy, that would help a lot. He also hoped that Zikuni's attack would help him get closer to Raditz without being in too much danger.

"Baditz...?" Raditz said aloud to himself due to the sheer unexpectedness of Aspar's bad wordplay.

Distracted, he couldn't dodge Aspar's ki blast volley and had to block the blasts instead. Staying in one place and not having enough time to move, Aspar's kick caught him directly on his chest, sending him flying back.

Zikuni wasted no time in taking advantage, drawing her sword and dashing in from behind Raditz to deliever a series of blade slashes, juggling Raditz in the air.

Meanwhile, Goku was ready to fire his attack at last. "KAMEHAMEHAAAAA!" Goku cried, firing a blue beam of energy from his heads, heading straight for Raditz.

Zikuni got out of the way, while Raditz was still stunned in midair from her attack. Regaining his composure upon the glow of Goku's beam covering his face, he flew away from the blast. However, ever resourceful, Goku shifted the position of the beam so that it would continue to follow Raditz in a straight line.

The armored Saiyan, in a last ditch effort, turned around and attempted to stop the blast with his hand. The beam hit, with Raditz taking only little damage.

"Darn! Piccolo, how much longer?!" Goku cried to his rival.

"Just a little longer, don't get spastic!" Piccolo cried back.

"Alright, fine! Hey you two, try one more attack!" Goku commanded.

"Okay, gotcha!" Zikuni said, readying her sword once more.

"Oh no you don't! I've had enough of you morons!" Raditz cried, raising his hand in the air to gather energy and then launching a whitish-purpleish beam that split into three, aiming for Goku, Zikuni, and Aspar all at the same time.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

"Crap!" Aspar had been too busy admiring the effectiveness of his insult to notice the new attack being hurled at him. He barely dodged out of the way, although it did graze his arm. "Ow!" He muttered, though he was thankful that he'd gotten away in time. "You're not getting rid of us that easily! Good luck taking down some of the greatest warriors in existence with something as weak as that!" Aspar taunted once again, then followed up with his own attack. He raised his palm into the air, and a glowing disk of energy formed above it. "Take this! Destructo Disk!" He cried as he threw the attack at Raditz, aimed right for the Saiyan's stomach. "Now your turn, Zikuni!"

"Right!" Zikuni cried, going after Raditz as he predictably dodged Aspar's Kienzan.

Throwing her sword into the air, she appeared before Raditz and put her hands in front of her face.

"Taiyoken!" She cried, producing a flash of light that blinded Raditz. She then uppercutting the Saiyan into the air, sending him upwards as she flew above him, caught her sword, and attempted to slash him back towards the ground.

However, the evil Saiyan caught his balance, and caught Zikuni's sword between the crux of his arms, holding her in place as they both struggled for dominance.

"Grr... gh... let go!"

"Not a chance. I see your game now, little girl. I won't let you catch me from behind anymore!"

"Really... okay, then how about an attack from the front?" Zikuni asked.

Before Raditz could have a chance to answer, she let go of her sword and descended down, allowing Goku from behind to take her place and deliver a powerful punch to his brother's jaw, sending him back.

Zikuni caught her sword from above. "Now that's how you do a distraction."

Raditz had to recover on the ground, still slightly dazed from the blow. It gave Goku the chance to get behind him and lock him into a pinning hold.

"Piccolo! Blast him now!" Goku cried, believing that enough time had passed for Piccolo to fire his beam. From afar, Piccolo finished charging his energy, holding it in the tips of his fingers, and he set his sights on Goku and Raditz.

"MANKANKOSAPPOOOO!" He cried, firing the energy from his fingers into a spiraling, drill-like beam. It went straight through the chests of both Goku and Raditz.

"D-D... DAMN YOUUUU!" Raditz yelled out as his final words, while Goku simply chuckled.

Aspar's first reaction was to try and save Goku. Of course, he quickly remembered that this was what was meant to happen. Goku would end up being revived in a year, and fight off Nappa and Vegeta. Maybe he'd even end up having to join in on that fight, too. For now, it seemed like their work was done. While the others were distracted by the results of the battle, Aspar flew off further away so he wouldn't be heard. "Is that all we have to do here, Trunks?" He still spoke quietly, just in case he was being followed.

Zikuni wondered the same thing. "Yeah, how are supposed to get back to the--"

Before she could finish her statement, the two were warped away from the battlefield, with Piccolo looking back and wondering where the mysterious pair of young warriors went off to.

"... future." Zikuni finished, bewildered.

"You guys did great!" Caba cried, jumping onto the two with his arms around their necks. "I can't believe you actually got fight alongside Masters Son Goku and Piccolo! It was simply fantastic!" He said.

"Ack! Heh... no problem, Caba!" Zikuni said, slightly pained.

"He's right. You guys did well," Trunk said. "Now, I'll be able to put the scroll back where it belongs. In the meantime, you two should rest up. It's only going to get tougher from here on out."

"Right. Thanks, Master Trunks," Zikuni congratulated. "Now uh, Caba... would you please mind gettin' off already?!"

"Whoops!" Caba loosened his grip and backed away. "S-sorry! So sorry!"