Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SpideyGaming

Nomura discusses reasoning for KH2.8, confirms KH3 team is making 2.8, 0.2 will only take the length of one world

Yeah, I kind of figured 2017 was the optimistic goal. At least now this settles it once and for all for everyone to see that we will NOT get Kingdom Hearts in 2016, and certainly not this year! 2017 might even be pushing it, who knows? Still, with Unchained X and 2.8 they'll be able to keep us fairly busy, and maybe there'll still be enough time in that gap to make an ultimate collection of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 for the PS4, if they feel like it. At least from the sounds of things, the wait for KH3 is exactly the reason why they're making 2.8, and it's not the other way around like I'm sure most cynics are going to say anyway. Hopefully the work on both 2.8 and 3 will go by smoothly and we'll have both sooner than we're afraid of.

That's too bad. I did assume that the game would be really short, since the development of 0.2 would only hinder the development of Kingdom Hearts III. Either way, this just means I am more excited for Dream Drop Distance HD rather than BBSV2. 

Most people would see the bad in this, but I see the good in this.

1) We can finally understand how long a Disney world mission would be in Kingdom Hearts 3. With no loading sections and larger worlds, we can feel the length in Kingdom Hearts 3 context. 

2) We can finally understand the true specialty of 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover. This is inevitably going to be the diamond in the rough out of everything in this.

3) If it is a 2017 release fro Kingdom Hearts 3, Zootopia and Moana are practically guaranteed for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Edited by Guest

"Will only last the duration of one Disney world. It is set straight after the secret movie in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix."

Castle of Dreams CONFIRMED!

Seriously though, it taking place right after the Secret Episode pretty much removes any doubt, if there was any to begin with, that this is indeed BbSv2 because all signs point to both of those things taking place the year between the fall of Radiant Garden and the beginning of KH1. A massive pillar of Darkness bursting through to the Realm of Light, Mickey being in the Realm of Darkness with the Star Seeker and it all happening before Aqua meets DiZ.

Ooh, what if it starts off with us fighting Dark Hide again? Like that's the very first this that happens after Mickey says to Sora and Riku "There's somethin' gotta tell ya. Somethin' that happened a long time ago..." or however it's going to start.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Since BBS 0.2 will be happening after BBS's secret ending, that just means another question: Will it start before or after Aqua's meeting with Ansem the Wise ten years after the game's ending?

"Will only last the duration of one Disney world. It is set straight after the secret movie in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix."Castle of Dreams CONFIRMED!Seriously though, it taking place right after the Secret Episode pretty much removes any doubt, if there was any to begin with, that this is indeed BbSv2 because all signs point to both of those things taking place the year between the fall of Radiant Garden and the beginning of KH1. A massive pillar of Darkness bursting through to the Realm of Light, Mickey being in the Realm of Darkness with the Star Seeker and it all happening before Aqua meets DiZ.Ooh, what if it starts off with us fighting Dark Hide again? Like that's the very first this that happens hater Mucked says to Sora and Riki "There's somethin' gotta tell ya. Somethin' that happened a long time ago..." or however it's going to start.

This doesn't confirm Castle of Dreams at all.

When Nomura was talking about length he was talking about time length. I believe that there will be fragments of worlds as opposed to one world being trapped in the Realm of Darkness. As far as the worlds go, there may be fragments of the forest of Dwarf Woodlands, the bridge of Enchanted Dominion and Castle of Castle of Dreams. Bits and piece of Birth by Sleep worlds that culminate to create a fusion of a world for 0.2.

This doesn't confirm Castle of Dreams at all.When Nomura was talking about length he was talking about time length. I believe that there will be fragments of worlds as opposed to one world being trapped in the Realm of Darkness. As far as the worlds go, there may be fragments of the forest of Dwarf Woodlands, the bridge of Enchanted Dominion and Castle of Castle of Dreams. Bits and piece of Birth by Sleep worlds that culminate to create a fusion of a world for 0.2.

Ugh. The Castle of Dreams thing was a joke, hence why the next paragraph started with "Seriously though" -_-

Since BBS 0.2 will be happening after BBS's secret ending, that just means another question: Will it start before or after Aqua's meeting with Ansem the Wise ten years after the game's ending?

Before. The Secret Episode happens before that scene and 0.2 is immediately after that. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I don't mind the length of BBS Volume Two, honestly, I'm glad we get to see KH3's engine in action before KH3, and I'm interested in the fact that DDDHD is a remake, I can't wait to play 2.8.

Edited by KHLegendIII

Most people would see the bad in this, but, I see the good in this. 1) We can finally understand how long a Disney world mission would be in Kingdom Hearts 3. With no loading sections and larger worlds, we can feel the length in Kingdom Hearts 3 context. 2) We can finally understand the true specialty of 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover. This inevitably going to be the diamond in the rough out of everything in this. 3) If it is a 2017 release, Zootopia and Moana are practically guaranteed for KH3.

1. Yeah, Nomura might mean the length of a KH3 Disney world...which to be honest would be pretty long! Also, if anyone feels a bit down about the length, they could always run around aimlessly killing Heartless!2. I know a few people who won't be watching Back Cover. *cough*DSP*cough*3. No comment.

While I am really disappointed about the announced length of this glorious game, the only questions I have now are: 1) Will Attraction Flow be one of the features you think, considering it's one of the mechanisms in KH3 that can possibly only be received by Yen Sid? and 2) Does this mean BBS0.2 won't have a Platinum trophy? ... so only KHDDD?

While I am really disappointed about the announced length of this glorious game, the only questions I have now are: 1) Will Attraction Flow be one of the features you think, considering it's one of the mechanisms in KH3 that can possibly only be received by Yen Sid? and 2) Does this mean BBS0.2 won't have a Platinum trophy? ... so only KHDDD?

Well at least it's longer than the Secret Episode. So there's that.

Never before have I witnessed the development of a video game that takes this ridiculous amount of time. I really hope they make the game unbelievably huge since they'll have  been working on it for 8-9 years when it finally gets released.

we should take into consideration that a length of a world for kingdom hearts 3 MIGHT be different from the length of a world from previous kh games,so it may be slightly longer than we expect it to be. 

3. No comment.

Zootopia and Moana are both Disney Animation movies coming out in 2016. They could be clever and set both those worlds after the events of their respective movies. The assets for both movies have already been created since 2014 so transferring them to Kingdom Hearts 3 wouldn't be an issue whatsoever.