Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
littlebrownmermaid

Do you guys think KH3 would be a region locked game?

I seriously don't care if it's region locked or not, I'm just going to play the game once it gets to my place, I'm not getting it before that just to see that I don't understand a word of what they're saying.

Obviously, if you know Japanesse, then this does seem important, but that's not my case.

...the region locks are due to the console, not the game. Only one disc-based game was ever region locked for the PS3 (Persona 4 Arena, and that caused major uproar), and I can't recall any being locked for the PS4 so far. So no, KH3 is most likely going to be region-free.

Edited by Ultima Spark

I would understand if people wouldn't want titles to be region locked, but unless you understand Japanese, all you are getting is gameplay and winging it with the story not really knowing what's going on. I would rather wait until it comes out in English. I think that Square Enix will at-least put the release dates reasonably close to eachother if they decide to not release it worldwide. I mean, I doubt there would be a 1 year gap like it was with 1.5. I would be fine with 2 months, but of course I would like it a lot sooner.

The reason I asked if it was going to be region locked is that I'm moving out of the country for a year in between the releases and I'm bringing my American PS4 with me....I'm going to Australia (obvlously a big difference), there is a different region code. I know the PS4 is region locked free, it's mostly the game CD when it comes to Square. That's my problem, the only one actually. I just want to know if I should even bother with buying the game in Aussie or just have someone send me the American game.