Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Nomura: KH0.2 BbS originally to be a part of Kingdom Hearts III

During his latest interview with Dengeki PlayStation magazine, Tetsuya Nomura revealed that Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- was originally intended to be included in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III. He further explains that one of the reasons it became its own game is due to an increase in material for Kingdom Hearts III.

A quote from the interview can be found below, thanks to Kayla Copeland (nichiei.translations@gmail.com) for the translations.

Nomura: Actually, this was what I worried about the most. We showed this for a bit in the secret episode of [KHBbS FM], but the concept for two chapters of [BbS] is something we've had for a while, and because of problems with time, it's become just a morceau. That concept itself is living on as a setup, so it was our plan to show it at the beginning of [KHIII], but since the volume of material in [KHIII] has increased, I was thinking it was something we just touched on a little. Just as I explained in your previous question, we won't show the whole thing of the initial concept, but we decided to show it ahead of [KHIII] as a short episode.

How many hours do you think it will take to complete the main story of Kingdom Hearts III? Tell us your predictions in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

I think KH3 will have a main story of about 30 hrs if you go through it rather quickly. To get all the extras you will probably spend another 30 or so. Of course then you get to do it all over again in critical mode!

Sounds like it was originally planned to be a DLC story.

But if was going to be DLC, why would they decide to take it out of KH3 because of them having too much content? =] Sorry, I'm just really excited about the KH3 having a lot of material part haha.  

Something seems REALLY familiar about all of this....

Oh wait, Kojima/Konami did the same thing with the Beginning of Phantom Pain: Split it off and made it into Ground Zeroes, that $40 then $30 Dollar 10 Minutes to an Hour long demo. >.>

Now I'm really sceptical about it's length and if it'll even be worth it.

Also, I'm going to flip if she meets Mickey and she gets left in the RoD by him like an asshole. Watch that happen. Or she becomes Punished "Venom" Aqua with a Robot Hand and turns out to be [REDACTED]. xD

Oh wait, Kojima/Konami did the same thing with the Beginning of Phantom Pain: Split it off and made it into Ground Zeroes, that $40 then $30 Dollar 10 Minutes to an Hour long demo. >.>

Also, I'm going to flip if she meets Mickey and she gets left in the RoD by him like an asshole. Watch that happen. Or she becomes Punished "Venom" Aqua with a Robot Hand and turns out to be [REDACTED]. xD

yeah  but kojima made into a seprate game nomura has two other titles with it

That interview already infers that :

we'll tell you about King Mickey meeting Aqua again, who has been hidden away all this time...it will be that kind of introduction.

It must be whatever his secret is. This line makes me feel that's what happened in some way or another. TBF though it does just confirm what was already inferred in Re:Coded. Bigger question why didn't she tell Mickey what happened to Terra since he's the only one they were still figuring out???

@ topic I hope they can fit everything we want to know about what happened after BBS through KH1 into the two games. This is an area I don't want short changed on!
Edited by Flaming Lea

Something seems REALLY familiar about all of this.... Oh wait, Kojima/Konami did the same thing with the Beginning of Phantom Pain: Split it off and made it into Ground Zeroes, that $40 then $30 Dollar 10 Minutes to an Hour long demo. >.> Now I'm really sceptical about it's length and if it'll even be worth it. Also, I'm going to flip if she meets Mickey and she gets left in the RoD by him like an asshole. Watch that happen. Or she becomes Punished "Venom" Aqua with a Robot Hand and turns out to be [REDACTED]. xD

I don't like the parallels, because MGSV hyped many people to death with these awesome trailers and was a huge dissapointment in the end.

The whole package will contain a lot more than just one game, though. It will have 3D on PS4 for those who didn't get to play it on 3DS (or those who would just like to play it on a TV), and a totally brand new movie essentially that's connected to Unchained X. So its not just the Aqua sequence.

So, he said 0.2 is named that way because it's only part of the story that 0.5 was supposed to be, and now he's saying it was supposed to be part of KH3. Does this mean that the remaining 0.3 of what it was supposed to be will be in KH3?

So, he said 0.2 is named that way because it's only part of the story that 0.5 was supposed to be, and now he's saying it was supposed to be part of KH3. Does this mean that the remaining 0.3 of what it was supposed to be will be in KH3?

Yep he stated that in the interview as well.

I'm glad Aqua's segment wasn't in Kingdon Hearts 3. I'd rather have Xehanort/Eraqua/Kairi/Lea playable instead.

As far as the ground zeros demo comparison goes, this is far better. We're getting a remaster alongside a cinematic movie and a KH3 semi-demo.

Yep he stated that in the interview as well.

So, we've got the missing 0.1 between 2.8 and 3 with Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus, and the missing 0.3 from between 0.2 and 0.5 with the rest of BbSv2. So we're not getting KH3, but KH3 0.4

I have no idea what you're talking about. MGSV got 10's and 9's across the board from major reviewers. I'm loving it myself. Also, MGSV is LONG and has a ton of content. If KH3 is anything like MGSV in terms of length and quality, I'll be completely satisfied.

Exactly. Though MGSV does suffer from a few flaws like the main story (which is surprising for a MGS game) and the repetitive side ops. But other than that, you're right, MGS5 has a LOT of content. it's nuts. I still haven't completed the game yet. We should wait and see how long KH3 will be in terms of content before we compare it to MGSV: Phantom Pain.

Edited by Tails

Oh God, this is amazing news!  The fact that Nomura said that Kingdom Hearts III's volume material has expanded means that we're probably in for a long game!  And that's a good thing! Because hey, III's gonna be the last game in the Xehanort Saga, so it should make sense for the game to be the longest one in the series yet!

Personally, I'm hoping we get to squeeze 50 to 60 hours to complete the game!  I know that's stretching it a bit much, but hey, with all the things the game is going to have, including all the side quests and possibly collectibles, there's bound to be many hours to invest in the game! :D

Well atleast this time there are 2 more thing compiled with this "ground zeroes" type of game.

BTW, this would probably have been our "Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, Dive to the Heart section". I wonder what will the new one be considering this one won't be it.

Edited by Sorarocks93

Well atleast this time there are 2 more thing compiled with this "ground zeroes" type of game.

BTW, this would probably have been our "Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, Dive to the Heart section". I wonder what will the new one be considering this one won't be it.

I never thought of it that way, this very well may have been our tutorial segment. Which brings up he question of what it's going to be this time around? Given that we already know the game will start with Xehanort and Eraqus it'd be easy to guess that the new tutorial might feature one of them(Perhaps even via a training duel?). On the other hand we might get a tutorial in the form of Kairi's training. Or Nomura might take the cop out option and go with Sora. Man I'm really getting hyped!