Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
mag77

What Worlds do You NOT Want to See in KH3?

I've seen quite a few forums asking what worlds you'd like to have in KH3, but none asking what you don't want in the upcoming game (and if there is one, I apologize).  So, I figured I'd ask.  They can be Disney or Pixar, new or returning.

I personally don't want:

New

- Dumbo, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, The Aristocats, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, Finding Nemo, Home on the Range, Ratatouille - Its hard for me to see any of these movies as worlds, since not only did they all star non-anthropomorphic animals, but I feel their plots wouldn't fit in KH very well.  Minus the talking animals, there aren't really any fantasy-like elements in these movies, nor are there many fighting scenes (if any).  The plots for most of these movies are pretty simple and can easily take place in our own world (most do anyway), so I'm not sure what Sora could do in their worlds.  The only way I can see any of these working out is if they're like the 101 Acre Woods; just as a storybook world where Sora can chill with the characters and play some mini-games.  But I'd rather just stick with the 101 Acre Woods than have any of these movies replace it.

- Cars - pretty much for the same reasons as above, except with inanimate objects and not animals.

- Toy Story - I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm having a hard time seeing this as a world.  With both humans and toys, what would Sora be?  I can't see him turning into a toy if there are other humans around, and if he does stay human, the toys would be pretty small in comparison (and they don't show themselves as living beings to humans).  Personally, I think it would be better to have Woody and/or Buzz as summons.

- The Incredibles - Many have already pointed out that with BH6 already in, it would be weird to have another superhero movie as a world, and I agree.  That and I'm a bit biased and don't like this movie anyway.

- Chicken Little - Do I really need to explain why?

- Marvel - No, please no!  I know this is completely my opinion, but I hate superheroes!  That's probably why I don't like The Incredibles.  (And before anyone says anything, yes I know that BH6 is/was Marvel.  Strangely enough, I actually like BH6)

There were other movies I wanted to add, but I haven't seen them, so my opinions on them would be very skewed.

Returning

- Atlantica - This seems to be everyone's least favorite world in KH2, and for good reason.  Not only was it a musical, but it seemed to ignore what happened in the first game (I think we can all agree that Ariel not knowing who Ursula was was really weird).  Plus, the ending credits in KH2 show that Ariel and Eric get married, so I'm not sure what else they could do. (They could do the Little Mermaid II, but not only was that movie not really good, but it'd be really strange to see that in a year's time Ariel would have a thirteen year old biological daughter)

- Beast's Castle - As much as I love this world, I'm not sure what else they could do with it.  Like Atlantica, the credits show Belle and Adam's happily ever after, their story's over.  Plus, it'd be weird to see Beast as a human and the castle not in disarray.

- Land of Dragons - I love the movie, but I really hate this world.  I'm not really sure why, but I think it had to do with how deserted this place was.  That, and like the two above, Mulan's story is concluded, so what else could they do?  (Again, unless they go into sequel territory...)

- Port Royal - I'm probably a bit biased, but this world felt very out of place to me; I think it mainly had to do with the character designs for it.  I can see that there's more that they can do with this, but I'd rather see other worlds than this one.

Anyway, what are your opinions?

New:Cars/Planes - Please no, I freaking hate this movie franchise. I don't even get why people besides little children actually like these movies.Star Wars - I don't hate Star Wars, but I think it just wouldn't really fit in Kingdom Hearts. Marvel - Pretty much the same reason as above. Now I know BH6 is also (Kinda?) a Marvel movie, but BH6 has the "Disney charm" I guess you can call it.Chicken little - The summon was more then enough if you ask me.The black cauldron - I've seen this movie a couple of times, and I'm REALLY trying to like it, but I can't. I can't remember anything about it except for the bad guy.

Returning:

Atlantica - I hated it in KH1(because annoying controls), I hated it in KH2 (because musical thingy), and I just don't want it to return.

I think you would have to explain Chicken Little a...little. I could easily see that working, Sora wouldn't even have to transform for that world, it's not necessary for every strange place he goes to. And while Increadibles as a world might seem a bit redundant with BH6 already in it, it would still have a nice variety of worlds between a city and a tropical island with a hidden base...although now that I think of it only one of those traits was inherently different. Well, if it could work in their eyes, I'd like to see it. A Toy story world could still work, you just have to open your mind a bit more. You remember how Ven was randomly the size of a mouse in Castle of Dreams while Terra and Aqua got to remain normal? Just do that to Sora and turn him to the size of a toy, or even a toy himself. The small theme is a theme that Kingdom Hearts likes to revisit now and again, so having a room filled with fun obstacles like a miniature race track would be a very welcome edition to an otherwise Pixar-less series. Cars...I could see it working, but I guess it wouldn't be that popular...I like the movies though......just saying....Most of those movies at the top you mentioned I agree with how I couldn't see them working, conflict wise. It'd be kind of distracting forcing the Heartless into a plot about a Fox and a Hound being best buddies despite their roles in nature. HOWEVER, I disagree with the exclusion of Finding Nemo. As "ordinary" as the world is, a majority of it takes place in the Pacific Ocean, which in itself is like another world entirely, and the journey itself is just so large and so climatic, it could easily suit itself as a whole level. Yeah, the inclusion of other humans is a bit distracting, but Sora being a fish wouldn't be the strangest thing to have happened. The problem here is that you're closing your mind off to so many possibilities just because a lot of these movies already have human characters in them. Just because humans are there doesn't mean Sora still has to be human or appear the same. Atlantica had humans, but Sora still stayed a merman. The Pride Lands are just part of the African Savannah, there are humans in Africa, yet Sora still remained a lion (sure no humans appeared in Lion King, but my point still stands). And again, Terra and Aqua got to remain human sized for the majority of Castle of Dreams' story, but Ven was the only one shrunk down to the size of a mouse the whole time, and didn't have to look like a mouse. The limitations of what world works for Kingdom Hearts doesn't lie in whether a character would fit in or not (not most of the time anyway) as they've shown that the character's presence can work in any world they appear in. The only real limitations are in how they can make it work gameplay wise, whether they have the rights or ability to use it, and whether or not they just want to.

Returning worlds like what you listed I probably wouldn't see happening again either, except for Port Royal, I would like to see new things done with that sooner rather than later. It would be really interesting to see how different everything looks with the Kingdom Shader in that setting, maybe the characters would even match up a bit better. If the world were perfect, I would have it so that Tron 3 already happened just so we could bring back the whole Space Paranoids and Grid crew back together for one last KH story to give us some closure, but alas, the movie world is cruel and not all deserving projects get the chance they deserve. Some of them have to take the back burner while such masterpieces as "Smurfs" get to keep going. xP

I hope no one hates me but i don't want the jungle book to be in it because its just gonna be another tarzan type world which we've had already. As for returning i don't want agrabah in kh3 aside from genie as a summon because we've already finished the main villains storyline of that world so it would be unnecessary.

I don't want Marvel or Star Wars, mostly because there's so much source material that things can get real confusing really fast. I don't think continuing with Port Royal is a good idea either, those movies went downhill after the first one. Don't really wanna see Monsters, Inc. or The Long Ranger either, but anything else I'm okay with. 

I don't like Disney at all, but I think it's a bit excesive to get rid of all Disney movies, so just put in the ones that Square and fans feel right with (that and Pirates of the Caribean, that has to return). And, as some people have said, no Star Wars and no Marvel, they don't fit in (also, I don't like Marvel, I prefare DC).

I've seen quite a few forums asking what worlds you'd like to have in KH3, but none asking what you don't want in the upcoming game (and if there is one, I apologize).  So, I figured I'd ask.  They can be Disney or Pixar, new or returning.

I personally don't want:

New

- Dumbo, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, The Aristocats, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, Finding Nemo, Home on the Range, Ratatouille - Its hard for me to see any of these movies as worlds, since not only did they all star non-anthropomorphic animals, but I feel their plots wouldn't fit in KH very well.  Minus the talking animals, there aren't really any fantasy-like elements in these movies, nor are there many fighting scenes (if any).  The plots for most of these movies are pretty simple and can easily take place in our own world (most do anyway), so I'm not sure what Sora could do in their worlds.  The only way I can see any of these working out is if they're like the 101 Acre Woods; just as a storybook world where Sora can chill with the characters and play some mini-games.  But I'd rather just stick with the 101 Acre Woods than have any of these movies replace it.

- Cars - pretty much for the same reasons as above, except with inanimate objects and not animals.

- Toy Story - I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm having a hard time seeing this as a world.  With both humans and toys, what would Sora be?  I can't see him turning into a toy if there are other humans around, and if he does stay human, the toys would be pretty small in comparison (and they don't show themselves as living beings to humans).  Personally, I think it would be better to have Woody and/or Buzz as summons.

- The Incredibles - Many have already pointed out that with BH6 already in, it would be weird to have another superhero movie as a world, and I agree.  That and I'm a bit biased and don't like this movie anyway.

- Chicken Little - Do I really need to explain why?

- Marvel - No, please no!  I know this is completely my opinion, but I hate superheroes!  That's probably why I don't like The Incredibles.  (And before anyone says anything, yes I know that BH6 is/was Marvel.  Strangely enough, I actually like BH6)

There were other movies I wanted to add, but I haven't seen them, so my opinions on them would be very skewed.

Returning

- Atlantica - This seems to be everyone's least favorite world in KH2, and for good reason.  Not only was it a musical, but it seemed to ignore what happened in the first game (I think we can all agree that Ariel not knowing who Ursula was was really weird).  Plus, the ending credits in KH2 show that Ariel and Eric get married, so I'm not sure what else they could do. (They could do the Little Mermaid II, but not only was that movie not really good, but it'd be really strange to see that in a year's time Ariel would have a thirteen year old biological daughter)

- Beast's Castle - As much as I love this world, I'm not sure what else they could do with it.  Like Atlantica, the credits show Belle and Adam's happily ever after, their story's over.  Plus, it'd be weird to see Beast as a human and the castle not in disarray.

- Land of Dragons - I love the movie, but I really hate this world.  I'm not really sure why, but I think it had to do with how deserted this place was.  That, and like the two above, Mulan's story is concluded, so what else could they do?  (Again, unless they go into sequel territory...)

- Port Royal - I'm probably a bit biased, but this world felt very out of place to me; I think it mainly had to do with the character designs for it.  I can see that there's more that they can do with this, but I'd rather see other worlds than this one.

Anyway, what are your opinions?

I agree with every world you said, however unlike you, I like superhero movies, don't love em, haven't seen a bunch of the latest superhero movies, but I still like them, I'm just not the biggest movie person with my head making it hard to focus and remember stuff from a movie I haven't seen before, I mean I have like 5 movies I own on Blu Ray that I haven't even watched, lol, but even though I like superhero movies and marvels superhero movies, I don't think it could work in KH, and I dont want it there either way, just doesn't seem right, I love the Star Wars and Indiana Jones' series/universes, not obsessed with them, but I love them, but I don't think they could work in KH either, the only one on your list I'd like to maybe see in KH3 is Toy Story, I think if they do Toy Story, Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be toy size for sure, I think the story from Toy Story 2 would be the best story to be adapted for Kingdom Hearts 3, I think that the guy who stole Woody could have been influenced by the darkness, brought on by his greed, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy could help Buzz get Woody back, Buzz would be the Party member for the world, which works the best, he has fighting moves and shit like that, more then Woody does, and Zurg could be the Final Boss Battle for the world, which I think would be badass.

Edited by Sora_Roxas26

Returning

Traverse Town

Alice In Wonderland

New

Live Action Alice in Wonderland

Live Action Maleficent

Live Action Cinderella

The Lone Ranger

The Sword in the Stone

Brave

Planes Franchise

Cars Franchise

Marvel Properties

Lucasfilm Properties

*To Hero of Light

(Because for some reason quoting doesn't work for me)

Ah, forgive me; I'm not very good at explaining things.

I guess the main reason I don't want Chicken Little is because I hated this movie (I only watched half of it because it was so awful)!  All the characters were either giant jerks, or were treated pretty horribly for really stupid reasons.  And I really hate that!  I know the world itself could work for KH, but with so many unlikable characters, I just don't think its worth it.  I know a lot of other people hate this movie too, so I thought what I was saying was sort of implied.  Sorry about that.

True, BH6 and The Incredibles are a bit different, enough so that they could both be in it.  But like I said, I personally don't like this movie, and if you disagree, that's fine.

You're actually right about Toy Story, and the points you made about it.  They could easily fit in Heartless into the plot of TS, while Sora and the gang explore Pizza Planet and/or Sid's house helping Woody and Buzz get back to Andy's.  Sora could be a toy or toy-sized and still work.  I almost mentioned what happened to Ven in Castle of Dreams, but I couldn't think of the right way to explain it.  I'll be honest; I thought it was weird that Ven was the only one to be small throughout the whole of that world (I know Aqua was small for a bit too though).  But with all that said, I think I'd still rather have the toys as summons.

Like I said, Cars could work if it was like the 100 Acre Woods, but I'd rather stick with the latter.  If Sora's gonna have a mini-racing game, I'd rather have it be in Wreck-It Ralph (cause there's more they could do for that movie) than for Cars.

I still think Finding Nemo goes with the other animal movies I mentioned; I'm just not sure the plot's strong enough to have Heartless swarming around.  That, and I really don't want another underwater world (probably should've mentioned that earlier...)  If you disagree though, that's fine.

Like I said, Port Royal could still easily be in KH3, since they still have much they could do with it.  I just don't want it personally.

Wait, are you saying they're making another Smurfs movie?  Oi...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts!  We disagreed on a bit, but I'm glad you weren't a jerk about it.

PS: Sorry for the late reply

100 arce wood and Atlantica

Sorry to disappoint ya there buddy but Winnie the Pooh had an official sequel released in 2011 that has yet to be featured in the Kingdom Hearts series. 

New:Cars/Planes - Please no, I freaking hate this movie franchise. I don't even get why people besides little children actually like these movies.

How long you think before they end up making boats?

Are you guys right in the head? Marvel is already in KH3. Big Hero 6 is a Marvel comic and Movie. And if you guys think Star Wars won't get in you're sorely mistaken, we already know it was going to be in a mobile game (cancelled however) and Disney definitely wants it represented due to how hard they are pushing the franchise as of late. You guys really just want to refuse giving these properties a chance because they aren't OG Disney properties.

I think if they do Toy Story, Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be toy size for sure, I think the story from Toy Story 2 would be the best story to be adapted for Kingdom Hearts 3, I think that the guy who stole Woody could have been influenced by the darkness, brought on by his greed, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy could help Buzz get Woody back, Buzz would be the Party member for the world, which works the best, he has fighting moves and shit like that, more then Woody does, and Zurg could be the Final Boss Battle for the world, which I think would be badass.

I would also go with Toystory 2 if I were choosing where to start off, but I'm not really sure if the American suburbs would really fit into the game. I was thinking of having it as something like a hub world by having the toystore in another world, and they could use experiment 027 to explain why they are toys sense it turns people into plushies, but after you beat the level you can catch experiment 027 sense Donald could probably do the same thing he just would have a reason to do that earlier.

Are you guys right in the head? Marvel is already in KH3. Big Hero 6 is a Marvel comic and Movie.

You guys really just want to refuse giving these properties a chance because they aren't OG Disney properties.

Let's say Star Wars is confirmed for KH3. That's not stopping me from not wanting it in the game.

The perfect example I can give is that Frozen has a HUGE chance (99.99999999999999% chance) of making into KH3 and yet a lot of people don't want it in KH3.

Edited by Master Eraqus