Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

The Kingdom Hearts series has become a joke

I agree with everything you've said xD. The ones that annoy me the most are 1.5 and 2.5 NOT being on PS4 and them using the same team to make every single game. -_-

Yeah, they should have outsourced all the remasters and movies and have them all on PS4.

Bam. You're up to speed. I truthfully don't see what is so hard about that. Calling it a joke just cause it's a little complex is weird to me. 1.5 and 2.5 well eventually hit PS4.

They expect people to get 1.5 and 2.5 and immediately understand the series with the games and then a movie within 2 years? The movies are like terrible honestly. The games of the movies are way better in terms of the story.

Not even hardcore KH players truly understand the series and some have been playing since the PS2 days. They should just make more detailed movies for each KH game (not as horrid as Re:coded and 358/2 Days, please. Haha.) and then people would have a better chance at understanding the story.

I guess they will eventually, but probably not till after KH3. They should of made it on PS4 from the start.

They expect people to get 1.5 and 2.5 and immediately understand the series with the games and then a movie within 2 years? The movies are like terrible honestly. The games of the movies are way better in terms of the story.

Not even hardcore KH players truly understand the series and some have been playing since the PS2 days. They should just make more detailed movies for each KH game (not as horrid as Re:coded and 358/2 Days, please. Haha.) and then people would have a better chance at understanding the story.

I guess they will eventually, but probably not till after KH3. They should of made it on PS4 from the start.

Yes, why is that so difficult? The movies are thought of differently by different people who have different opinions.

It's true some don't, but I really don't see why. It isn't hard. They've narrowed it down to only 3 games. I loved the 358/2 Days and Re:Coded movies.

I agree, I would have wanted 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 from the start, but I'm sure SE had their reasons, and I know for certain they'll hit PS4 at some point.

Edited by soravids

I think the biggest problem are the inconsistencies.

When KH1/2 was released, there was little thought of the future of the series. I can't really say too much for KH1, but for KH2, Saix conveniently was given yellow/golden eyes. IIRC, the Xehanort dealing-his-heart-to-others wasn't a thing yet. Also the x's on everything. Gee.

Edited by Rinax

Bam. You're up to speed. I truthfully don't see what is so hard about that. Calling it a joke just cause it's a little complex is weird to me. 1.5 and 2.5 will eventually hit PS4.

And they have delayed KH3 and they are only available on one platform each with the first two not even available on one platform KH3 will be released on.

Yeah, after KH3 is released and at that point it's not going to help anyone.

And the movies are shocking. Xion goes from preparing to attack Roxas to fading away.

If only they didn't hold off KH3 for so long.  All that time making side games has made the story writers over think everything.  Things wouldn't have turned out like this if they had made KH3 a long time ago.

If only they didn't hold off KH3 for so long.  All that time making side games has made the story writers over think everything.  Things wouldn't have turned out like this if they had made KH3 a long time ago.

They changed the scenario writers. Kazushige Nojima & Daisuke Watanabe stop writing KH games years ago.

He says, preaching to a small, often divisive forum that's barely a fraction of the fanbase/purchasers.

Kingdom Hearts isn't perfect, but if you're a fan, you can make a little effort. "shockingly bad" is most definitely a matter of opinion, no matter which way you slice it. Sorry it's tough for you, I guess?

what would the plot of KH3 be if they didn't have those games though, I don't think it would be as good as it's going to be.

Honestly, I agree. It's odd that they can't make separate teams for the remixs and KH3. Is KH3 team really that small? Or most Square Enix members are too busy on making Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest games?

The Chi movie that is based of a mobile game but from web browser game doesn't really needed to be a movie. Didn't Square Enix learned their mistakes by the harsh criticism of the Re:Coded and Days movies?

Honestly, I agree. It's odd that they can't make separate teams for the remixs and KH3. Is KH3 team really that small? Or most Square Enix members are too busy on making Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest games?The Chi movie that is based of a mobile game but from web browser game doesn't really needed to be a movie. Didn't Square Enix learned their mistakes by the harsh criticism of the Re:Coded and Days movies?

No, they can't but they should have just done what they have been doing with all the Final Fantasy HD remasters, outsource them.

Square Enix's #1 team outsourced X/X-2 HD and a result they were able to make Lightning Returns in 18 months.

They changed the scenario writers. Kazushige Nojima & Daisuke Watanabe stop writing KH games years ago.

Doesn't mean other writers can't overthink too ;)

what would the plot of KH3 be if they didn't have those games though, I don't think it would be as good as it's going to be.

It wouldn't be the same story at all, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be good.  If anything the build up of anticipation for KH3 may be its downfall if it doesn't live up to expectations.

Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.

First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.

1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.

Also those 358/2 Days and Re:coded movies were shockingly bad.

And a movie based off a mobile game port of a web browser game? What the heck?

1. Citation needed. Neither Nomura nor anyone else has said that the HD collections have actually delayed KHIII at all, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, but I really think it's unlikely. It's even known now that what was once going to be a part of KHIII (0.2 Birth by Sleep) has now been added to 2.8 since they've 'increased the volume' of the game so much.

2. Agreed, that's kind of a shame. It's a good thing I'm not getting rid of my PS3 anytime soon.

3. Wouldn't that just have delayed KHIII even more, by your own argument? To be honest though, Square and Sony have been treating KHIII like a PS exclusive game for so long now anyway that I don't think they really care about Xbox owners. In fact, Xbox usually sells pretty badly in Japan anyway, so there's that. I don't think this can really be blamed on the KH franchise itself, just Square's business decisions in general.

4. I agree with regards to Coded. 2.5's Coded movie was highly unnecessary save for the scene with Maleficent and even then, it wasn't worth the whole shebang. Still, opinions don't count.

5. Yeah, when you say it like that it sounds weird but keep in mind that it's going to be made in the KHIII engine and is actually going to be pretty much an entirely new story that's only connected to XChi through a few different scenes. But I admit, I can't really judge it without seeing it.

Edited by Kaweebo

And they have delayed KH3 and they are only available on one platform each with the first two not even available on one platform KH3 will be released on.

Yeah, after KH3 is released and at that point it's not going to help anyone.

And the movies are shocking. Xion goes from preparing to attack Roxas to fading away.

No proof of that, Yasue said they didn't. Popular franchises have titles split across multiple platforms all the time, you only need two platforms for the whole story.

Umm why not? They could easily play them after KH3 is out.

Again, very opinionated.

Doesn't mean other writers can't overthink too ;)

It wouldn't be the same story at all, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be good.  If anything the build up of anticipation for KH3 may be its downfall if it doesn't live up to expectations.

Masaru Oka wrote BbS & KH3D fine so I don't know why KH3 would be all of a sudden doing otherwise.

1. Citation needed. Neither Nomura nor anyone else has said that the HD collections have actually delayed KHIII at all, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, but I really think it's unlikely. It's even known now that what was once going to be a part of KHIII (0.2 Birth by Sleep) has now been added to 2.8 since they've 'increased the volume' of the game so much.

2. Agreed, that's kind of a shame. It's a good thing I'm not getting rid of my PS3 anytime soon.

3. Wouldn't that just have delayed KHIII even more, by your own argument? To be honest though, Square and Sony have been treating KHIII like a PS exclusive game for so long now anyway that I don't think they really care about Xbox owners. In fact, Xbox usually sells pretty badly in Japan anyway, so there's that. 

4. I agree with regards to Coded. 2.5's Coded movie was highly unnecessary save for the scene with Maleficent and even then, it wasn't worth the whole shebang. Still, opinions don't count.

5. Yeah, when you say it like that it sounds weird but keep in mind that it's going to be made in the KHIII engine and is actually going to be pretty much an entirely new story that's only connected to XChi through a few different scenes. But I admit, I can't really judge it without seeing it.

If it hasn't then clearly Nomura's pulling a Versus XIII all over again. Because the KH3 team isn't that big and if you got 67 of them working on 2.5 then they clearly don't have much time for KH3. 

No proof of that, Yasue said they didn't. Popular franchises have titles split across multiple platforms all the time, you only need two platforms for the whole story.

Umm why not? They could easily play them after KH3 is out.

Again, very opinionated.

Yeah, so Nomura's being a terrible director & project manager once again. No surprise here after Versus XIII.

The whole story isn't even on one platform. Lol.

At that point they'd be confused. People will be turned off KH3 because they can't play KH1 & 2.

So you like seeing Xion preparing to attack Roxas and then appear on the ground fading away? Lol.

Masaru Oka wrote BbS & KH3D fine so I don't know why KH3 would be all of a sudden doing otherwise.

I think the writing will be excellent. It's more of a psychological thing.  The higher people's anticipation is, the higher their expectations will be.  KH3 is going to have to live up to a pretty high bar, but it may fall short of the mark for many people especially those that don't dedicate the time to understand everything in the story so far.

If it hasn't then clearly Nomura's pulling a Versus XIII all over again. Because the KH3 team isn't that big and if you got 67 of them working on 2.5 then they clearly don't have much time for KH3. 

Yeah, so Nomura's being a terrible director & project manager once again. No surprise here after Versus XIII.

The whole story isn't even on one platform. Lol.

At that point they'd be confused. People will be turned off KH3 because they can't play KH1 & 2.

So you like seeing Xion preparing to attack Roxas and then appear on the ground fading away? Lol.

Ummm at this point I think you're looking for excuses to bash Nomura. No offense. Bundling the whole series into 3 games is a great way to handle it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not every series releases all it's titles on PS4 before releasing a new one there. And he's not entirely to blame for Versus XIII.

Some would, some wouldn't. Opinionated.

I understand why it's like that. They're used to be a boss fight between and it was transitioned to a movie. It's there to give you an understanding of the story and it does.

Edited by soravids