Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

The Pit, a Final Fantasy Combat RP, Sign-ups and Discussion

GLITZ PIT RP SPINOFF, Final Fantasy Version

[[The origins of this roleplay come from NSider and NSider2, though the lead originator is Link1487.  However, the idea and creators of the Glitz's many versions have changed over the course of these many years and will change again.  Yay, change!  Ror, Inx, Zee, Link, and whoever else is out there still making Glitz Pit fun--thank you.]]

Table of Contents

I. Story
II. Rules
III. Fighter Rankings
IV. Registered Matches
V. How This Thread Will Work
VI. Creating a Character
VII. Arenas
VIII. Item Shop
IX. Character Profiles
X. Element Chart
XI. News Updates
XII. Event Information
XIII. Important Fight Judgments

I) Story:  Battles take place in an sequestered colosseum where previously known (or unknown) combatants of various universes wage private wars with each other.  Existing hundreds of years, if not thousands, this arena has plucked heroes, villains, and potent wannabes of considerable strength to hone their combative elements of strength, focus, footwork, cunning, and magics.  Many have retired in fame and luxury under the nurture of robotic servants and ambrosic foods and drinks, without fear of age or death, growing fat and happy.  This is promised to all who opt out, but most desire one of two other options:  continual fighting or an absolute escape.  Plucked without reason other to fight, do you, O fighter, have what it takes to battle your way to fame, valiance, or the outside?  Show your mettle in what is simply known as the Pit.

II) Rules

1. Follow all original RP rules of KH13, if that wasn't obvious.
2. You must follow all of these rules while in this thread, and you must read the entire thread (the first few posts by me) before posting.
3. No g-modding. Simple definition: You cannot be invincible, or use overpowered attacks. More details can be found later in the thread.
4. All fighting will be judged by me.
5. If you are inactive for more than three days during a fight without an excuse given beforehand (like going on vacation, etc.), you automatically lose with no gain in coins. Don't request a battle if you don't think you can finish it.
6. I will make all final decisions regarding how matches will be set up, and their outcomes. No arguing with me over who won (unless you have a definitive reason), or you will be pushed down a rank in the ranking list.
7. Everyone gets a default 100 coins to begin with when you sign up.
8. If you would like to give your coins to someone, both parties involved must PM me verifying they would like the transaction to take place.
9. If you have any questions about the rules, or specific suggestions for the thread, PM me please instead of posting it here.
10. Limit OOC chat here please. That means try not to talk out of character. If you want, your character can talk to someone else's character, but make sure it does not create too much spam.
11. All bets on fights must be made before the fight begins or within the first 3 posts of the fight. (More on that later in thread)
12. All Brawls are open to anyone who is registered in this thread. (More on those later in thread)
13. Any fighters who consciously disobey the "max page" restriction a fight can last for will be lowered down a rank, and 100 coins will be deducted from their total. Going over by a little is fine, but when it's nearly double the maximum, punishment will be given.
14. Anyone ranked from halfway through the list of people, and up, will be put in the major league locker room. Anyone lower than half of the people here will be in the minor league locker room. The champion will have their own room. You may only challenge fighters who are in your league, unless you are at the top of your league. If you are at the top of the minor league, you may challenge the lowest ranking major league fighter for a place in that league. The same goes for the major league, except the first place person would challenge the champion.
15. Check the news section often for any updates to this thread.
16. Ignore the fact that the story is bad and cliche.
17. Everyone who joins gets a free 'Character Change' item upon registering. This is so they can create their first character and get a feel for it, but if they do not like it, they can change it to something completely different.
18. Try to keep OOC posts (surrounded with parenthesis) or [some other unique method] of differentiating between what your character says and does, and what you are trying to say.
19. Do not edit battle posts without my permission or the permission of your opponent, or other fighters might think you are cheating.
20. Notify me in this thread or via PM if you change your NS2 name so I can update the thread accordingly.

III) Fighter Rankings

Champion

Major Fighter Rankings

Minor Fighter Rankings
Retired Individuals
Ychera Vencii

IV) Registered Matches

Brawl Schedule
Nothing yet

Brawl History
None

V) How this Thread Will Work

This is the most important post of the thread, so it's very important you read it carefully and try to understand it. Some of you may be new to fighting, while others may not. A fighting tutorial will be posted near the end of this post to get you all familiar with how fighting should work. For now, we need to discuss the basic mechanics of non-battling things that happen in this thread.

Table of Contents

i. Betting
ii. Setting Up a Match
iii. Beginning a Match
iv. Unlocking Things
v. Getting Coins
vi. Battling
vii. G-modding
viii. Outcomes of Battles
ix. Ranking
x. Champion Battles and Being the Champ
xi. Team Battles
xii. 1 vs. 2 Battles
xiii. Brawls
xiv. Rewards
xv. Fighting Tutorial
xvi. Element Control
xvii. Down To Earth Fights

i) Betting

Before each match, there will be a few minutes for anyone to place a bet on who the winner will be. If you are a member of this thread, you may bet coins (currency of the Glitz Pit). The max for coins to bet is 50 (with a payout of 100 if you're right).  If you lose your bet, there will be no refunds, and the Overseer will keep your coins.

Note: Bets may be made before each fighter makes their second post each. After they have made their third, no more bets may be placed. You may post here or PM me to place a bet.

ii) Setting Up a Match
Matches can be set up by posting here. A few things need to be included in your post however. First, you will need to say whether you want it to be a ranking fight, or a practice spar. Spars will still be judged if preferred, but they will not affect the participants' rankings, nor will anyone get coins from a spar. Ranked battles will. Before the battle can begin, I will have to be here. I do not have to be here for the whole match, but I'll get into that later. You must also post the arena you wish to battle at in your post. You can either challenge someone specifically, or ask for anyone to fight. When your opponent arrives, they must also submit an arena they would like to fight at. If they are different, I will assign the first arena #1, and the second #2. Privately, I will use a random number generator for those two numbers, and whichever appears will be the arena used.

Note: Please read the section on Match Registration before requesting a fight.

In order to prevent matches from lasting for many days, there is a new condition for starting a fight: each fighter must be on-line at the time of the challenge. If I see that both of you are online, I will begin the fight right away. If one of the fighters must leave, PLEASE attach it to the end of one of your posts (preferably your final attack), and then the fight will end there. If the fight reached over 1 page, excluding any posts made by me or other fighters, then it will be judged like a normal ranking battle (unless it was a spar). If it did not reach 1 page, there will not be enough fighting to make an accurate judgement, and the fight will only count as a spar. Leaving early will not affect your "grade" for the fight at all, as it will be judged in the usual way - how creative you are and what strategies you use, or if the opponent dies. Do not accept fights or challenge anyone if you do not plan for being online for the next hour or so.

On the subject of registering a fight, on the bottom of the first post, there is a section for registering a fight. If there are any "open" slots, you may sign up for one if your opponent agrees. In order to have your fight scheduled you must have an opponent who agreed, an arena from both of you (if they're different, I will decide randomly), and whether or not it is ranked or a spar. The first five will get the positions. As the fights occur, the slots will close until all of them are finished. This way the same people cannot register again right after their fight, so everyone will have a chance to fight. If you have not fought in a long time, I may allow you to be put on the list in front of another fight.

iii) Beginning a Match
As mentioned before, I must be present for a fight to begin. I will post any weather conditions that may be taking place, and for the Spear Pillar, its stats will be randomly created and posted for that one match. The player who originally asked for a fight will go first, beginning with whatever attack they would like. All one on one battles can only last 5 pages at most, unless it is a champion battle. More details on battle specifics later.

iv) Getting Coins
So how can you get coins in the first place? Well, by winning battles of course. You can also place bets, but the safest route is battling. When you win a one vs one battle, the winner will receive 100 coins, and the loser will receive a certain amount depending on what happened. If the loser surrenders, they will receive 25 coins. If the loser dies in a battle, they will only receive 10 coins. Details on outcomes of matches can be found below. Coins can be used on unlocking things, buying items to use in battle or for your character, or for placing bets.

v) Battling
All right, this is what you've been waiting for. If you think you have good experience with RP fighting, you can skip this part, but that's not recommended. This will mostly focus on what is allowed, and what it not, namely what is g-modding, and what is not.

vi) G-Modding
G-modding, or "God-modding," is when you either make your character invincible, or use attacks that are too strong. A definition like that is incredibly vague, so through examples I hope you can understand what is accepted and what is not.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 shoots an arrow so quickly and precisely that it hits the opponent instantly, killing them once it pierces their heart.
Why?: This is g-modding because the person does not allow the opponent a chance to dodge. Every attack is either dodgeable, defendable, or preventable.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 uses water control to manipulate the water inside Character 2 so they become their slave. Alternate ending - They use water control to make the water drain completely out of Character 2, killing them.
Why?: The first option is g-modding, because controlling another person's character is ALWAYS g-modding. The second is g-modding, because there is no way to stop the water from draining out of their body.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 shoots an arrow at Character 2. Character 2 knocks the bow out of Character 1's hand, preventing the arrow from being shot.
Why?: Here's a nice rule of thumb for g-modding - any time traveling is prohibited. Character 2 g-modded because the arrow was already shot, but in their post, they acted before it was shot, thus time traveling. Once something happens, it happened and cannot be undone, unless it was g-modding.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 throws a bomb into the core of the planet, which explodes and destroys the entire planet.
Why?: Another thing to remember is, if you ever try to destroy an entire arena, you'll definitely be called for g-modding. Too much power is required to do that, and in this case, a bomb would probably not even be enough to do it. :P

I hope now you have a good understanding of what is g-modding. If you have any specific questions, PM me. Keep in mind I have the right to label any attack g-modding, even if it is not specifically mentioned here. Any attacks called for g-modding by me (or judged to have been g-modding by me) will be ignored, and will have no effects on the battle. The person who g-modded can either try again with a different attack, or pass, but any effects from the opponent's previous attack would still happen.

vii) Outcomes of Battles
In order to win a fight, you must force your opponent to either:
-Surrender by putting them into a situation they cannot think of a solution to.
-Call a draw. Draws can be done in PM, and both people participating must agree to it. After, both must post that a draw was agreed upon. Draws cannot be made in a ranking battle, only in spars.
-Die. I will judge whether or not the character really did die or not. The decision will be final, and all characters will be revived after the battle.
Note: Surrendering ends the fight immediately, ending any of your chances for winning, but gives our more coins. Fighting until the death increases the chances of you winning, but you will earn less coins if you die.

If a battle is not complete by the end of 5 pages of fighting, I will judge based on the creativity and strategy used by the fighters. ***Fighters are responsible for stopping all fighting after 5 pages if I am not there to stop it.***

viii) Ranking
When you win a battle against someone who is higher than you in the rankings, you will rise in the rankings. If you lose to someone higher, nothing will happen. If you win against someone lower than you, nothing will happen as well. However, if you lose to someone lower than you, your rank will decrease. The exact amount of how much you rise/decrease depends on how far away you were from eachother in the rankings, and how well you both fought.

ix) Champion Battles and Being the Champ
In order to challenge the champion, you must be in 1st place in ranking. This battle can last for a maximum of 10 pages, rather than 5. Regular rules apply. If you lose to the champion, you must wait one day before rechallenging them. Being the Champ gives you access to the Champion's Room instead of any of the locker room, along with the title of course.

x) Team Battles
As the name implies, this is referring to a battle between two teams. For this thread, we will only have 2 vs. 2 team matches simply because more fighters per team would be chaotic. Team battles will work in a specific order determined by me before the battle. That means there will be a specific order which fighters will have to post in, which will always go: 1st team's 1st fighter -> 2nd team's 1st fighter -> 1st team's 2nd fighter -> 2nd team's 2nd fighter. The fighter that goes first for each team will be randomly determined by me. Rewards are the same as they are in normal battles, except each fighter on the winning team receives 100 coins, etc. Dying on the losing team will earn you only 10 coins. Team battles may be scheduled in this thread by either asking for a teammate or for opponents. It might be wise to ask for a teammate via PM first so that you know you'll have someone to fight with. It will also save space in this thread post-wise (so do that).

xi) 1 vs. 2 Battles
Similar to team battles, except these are between one fighter on one team and two fighters on another. A fighter should only challenge two others at once if they are very confident in their skills. Dying will be much easier for the single fighter, and I will be making decisions on whether or not they died a lot more than I would in a normal battle. However, if that single fighter is somehow capable of winning, their rewards would be 250 coins. If the other two won, then they would receive 100 coins each. That single fighter, if they won, would also move up a lot in the rankings. If the other two won, they would move up slightly, but not as much as if it was a normal battle.

xii) Brawls
Previously called Melees, these are all-out, free-for-alls that every member can participate in. They may be announced ahead of time, or they may spontaneously occur for anyone online. These affect the ranking of anyone who participates. Those who do not participate may see themselves drop in ranking as those who did brawl take their spots. The champion can also lose their rank if they are not present at a brawl, and someone does well enough to take their spot. In these, you may use any items, and attack anyone present. The arena that will be fought on will be posted with the announcement for the beginning of a Brawl. Arenas can be already unlocked ones, or totally new ones that will be added to the list following the Brawl. These can be a little crazy, so don't miss any posts, especially those directed at your character! The limit on these is 15 pages. After that, fighters must stop fighting. They will last 30 minutes to an hour each (specifically specified for each Brawl), which after that time fighters are expected to stop. Whichever limit is reached first will end the Brawl. I will most likely be here to end it, so be sure to read each post and not to miss the one ending it!

xiii) Rewards
Aside from possibly getting a nice leap up the rankings, there are a lot of coins to be earned from Brawls. The first place winner, judged based on strategy and creativity in attacks, will receive x00 coins. "X" represents the number of fighters who participated in the Brawl. So, if five fighters fought in one Brawl, the winner would get 500 coins! The second place winner gains half of whatever first place gets, so in that case, they would earn 250 coins. Third place gets a default 50 coins each time. Anyone else who fought gets a consolation prize of 10 coins for showing up. You don't want to miss a Brawl, especially if you're the champion.

xiv) Fighting Tutorial
For those of you that would like to see some fighting right now, the best way is to watch others fight in the thread. However, this should give you a basic idea of what to expect. This version will be a LOT less descriptive than I expect from you.
Character 1 (C1): C1 flies up in the air, shooting a blast of fire at C2.
Character 2 (C2): C2 uses his speed to quickly run away and hide behind an obstacle from any other attack that might be coming. (Keep in mind, your character will not know when the other person is going to do something until it already happens.)
C1: C1 searches around the field for a while, growing weary in the process, looking for C2. She lands after spotting him, and takes out her katana to slash at his waist.
C2: C2 take advantage of C1's weariness by defending the physical attack with his Coral Sword. He parries the attack, with his own slash directed at her head.
C1: C1 jumps back while lifting off from the ground, but she is not quick enough, and the Coral Sword grazes her left leg. Paying little attention to her cut, C1 shoots a fire ball from close range.
C2: Without much time to think, C2 is hit with the fire ball, and is killed.

I know, the fight is pretty bland, but that's the basic concept of fighting. Remember to be much more creative than this, and yes, the last attack could have been easily countered, but I had to end the tutorial. Do not be afraid to think outside of the box to get out of tough situations, but make sure your solution isn't considered g-modding!

xv) Element Control
Elements can be manipulated with their corresponding ability. There are two main types of elements, energy and physical. It's easy to distinguish between the two, but they're split up as follows: energy (dark, light, fire, electric) and physical (air, water, ice, earth). It's easy to see why they're split up into these groups, but there is one rule that applies to them. Energy elements can only be controlled by the person manipulating it, because they are "created" by the fighter and therefore fall under their control. [The other fighter may still create their own supply of the element to counter it, but they just can't control the exact same supply their opponent created.] Physical elements can be controlled by anyone with the ability because they are found naturally on the arena and don't favor any particular fighter. This still applies even if a fighter converts some water to ice or vice versa.

For more details on how elements clash, see the Element Chart.

xvii) Down To earth fights
Down to earth fights are a new option when creating fights. If both players agree to this type of fight, the players will lose their abilities (and depending on balance their attributes) leaving them only with their weapons. Simply put, you lose your super powers and are left to fight in your base state with only your raw skill to keep you alive.

VI) Creating a Character

Every fighter needs information about them, like hair colour, gender, weaponry, and other lovely stuff, but here's the twist:  only original characters are allowed.  No Lightning or Yuffie.  No Cecil or Cid.  No Vanne or Tidus.  You must be an original character, though if you want to be boring it is okay to rob an attribute or an ability or two from your favourite character.

Here's the form to fill out so you can join.

Name: Put the character's name here.
KH13 Name: I know it's right next to your post, but if you put it here it'll be easier to file your character.
Biography: Tell at least something about the character. Maybe include their history before or during their visit to the Pit. This can include things like age, height, weight, etc. if you want.  And by all that is doughy and holey, please limit yourself to humanoid Final Fantasy races or your own original mix of human and alien.  I am not too keen on having a talking, fighting Chocobo.  PM me about possible exceptions, but I have the final say.
Attribute: Pick ONE attribute from the list below that your character will have.
Abilities: Pick THREE abilities from the list below that your character will have.
Weapon: Pick ONE weapon from the list below that your character will use, or PM me if you'd rather use another. I have to approve it first.
Signature Move: A signature move can only be performed by your character. It is a move that you think up using your abilities or weapon(s) in a creative way. Signature moves are optional, but can be added to your character at any time. You get 1 to start off with, but may purchase up to 3 using the Item Shop. Give a name to your signature move(s) so you can use that instead of explaining it each fight.

Attributes
-Aura: Upon selecting this attribute, choose 1 of your Elemental abilities or Ki as a whole (this attribute is useless otherwise). The Aura attribute creates an aura around your fighter that increases the power of the selected element or Ki by 10%. The aura comes in one color for a fighter, so choose a color that represents the fighter himself rather than the element.
-Clone: The maximum amount of clones that can be made is 3, and each only contains 1/3 of the original strength. If one of them is defeated, and the character "reforms," they only have 2/3 of their strength in that one body.
-Discipline: Decreases the fatigue a fighter would experience during battle. With this attribute, a fighter can stay at full power for longer. Also decreases energy consumption for elements and Ki by a bit.
-Flying: Simply the ability for your character to levitate/rise off the ground. In some arenas, this ability may be hindered due to excess gravity. The inverse also applies to arenas further from the ground.
-Focused: Fighters with this attribute will never lose focus on a fight. Distractions or other normally frightening attacks will not phase their concentration. Their minds cannot be read, and they tend to pick up on smaller details that are directly related to the fight.
-Heightened Feeling: The character can feel things such as vibrations in the ground or through the air to have an advantage over the opponent by "feeling" their movements the moment they are made. The downside with this attribute is physical pain hurts more than it normally would.
-Heightened Hearing: Any movements made by the opponent are heard, no matter how small the movement. The characters with this attribute are more vulnerable to sound "attacks." For example, an explosion would not only hurt them physically, but the incredibly loud sound would hurt their ears.
-Heightened Sight: With this, characters are able to see for miles in all directions. Any small twitch the opponent might make would be picked up by this character's eyes, allowing them to predict attacks based on movements the opponent is making.
-Heightened Smell: Much like a wolf, the character is able to lock on to the smell of an opponent to track retreating opponents through tough obstacles.
-Immunity: Your character is immune to any status attacks or effects.
-Invisibility: Your character can be hidden from view for that one post, and any subsequent ones. This effect wears off during your next post, and cannot be reactivated until the next post. So if it was turned on for the first post, it cannot be put back on until the third, while it expires completely for the second. Characters who have heightened senses aside from sight can still detect invisible characters through smell, vibrations, or hearing.
-Mind Reader: Your character can read other people's minds, but that person will immediately know that you're inside their mind. You can only read their deeper thoughts (like what they're planning to attack you with) if they're distracted or don't concentrate on getting you out once you enter. Finding out what they're planning to attack only gives your character the advantage of countering quickly.
-Resistance: Physical attacks do not deal as much damage as usual on these characters. They can easily survive a few sword slashes, but they will eventually go down.
-Speed: This allows characters to run at double their normal speed. However, this does not mean they will run so fast that they cannot be seen. This does not affect the speed any of the character's attacks move at, only at how fast the character travels.
-Strength: This gives your character an advantage with physical attacks. It also allows them to lift heavy objects with ease.
-X-Ray Vision: Although it does not allow invisible opponents to be seen, it does allow the user to see through any and all obstacles to quickly locate an opponent who is hiding.
-Mana Reserve/Turbo MP:  A character with this has a larger reserve (think 25% more) of mana/magic to utilise, making Flare, Summoning, and Weather Control more usable.

Special Abilities

Magical Elements
-Air Control: Create gusts of wind, simulate flying (does not last as long as "normal" flight; similar to Float), and reduce air resistance so your attacks move faster. However, these things are not automatic, and need to be activated manually.  Spells:  Aero, Aerora, Aeroga, Aeroja (exhausts caster completely, making the caster die the next turn; use only as a last resort), Float.
-Dark Control: Take away light from areas to prevent opponents from seeing. It can also be used as a "beam" to shoot, similar to a laser, or in any other form. When it hits a light attack, it is simply a stalemate, and an explosion may occur if the forces are strong enough.  Cannot simulate Blind or Dark on any character.  Spells:  Dark, Darkra.
-Earth Control: Being useful on any arena on the ground, this allows the character to move rocks, shift the ground, and even raise dirt to block attacks, etc. If the arena does not have any "Earth" in it, this ability cannot be used.  Float is useful to avoid quakes or shifts.  Spells:  Stone, Stonera, Stonega, Stoneja (exhausts caster completely, making the caster die the next turn), Quake.
-Electric/Lightning: Zap opponents with electricity you create from inside of you, or from the environment. If you take the energy from inside of you, it will eventually wear you down. Perhaps you can draw the power from electronically powered equipment nearby . . . of course, in a thunderstorm, the lightning from the sky provides a nice source of energy. This power also has some control over magnetism, but more energy is needed to utilize this.  Spells are not hindered by elevation and are more controllable, but are more exhausting.  Spells:  Thunder, Thundara, Thundaga, Thundaja (exhausts player completely, making him die the next turn; use only as a last resort), Magnet (pull one object nearer; can be straining depending on distance and weight of object to caster; limit 10 meters and 50kg; cannot be used to pull closer characters or hold them in place).
-Fire Control: This element creates fire, as it is not naturally found. You can shoot fire balls, light things you touch on fire, etc. This would be weak, and probably impossible to use, in a place where it's raining.  Spells:  Fire, Fira, Firaga, Firaja (exhausts player completely, making him die the next turn; use only as a last resort), Flare (takes intense control and mana to wield).
-Ice Control: The ability to control water in solid form allows characters to freeze opponents solid. It can move glaciers, stop hail, or even make opponents slip as they run. Ice cannot be "created," but in most arenas where there is water, there is also ice. If the characters can control both ice and water, then they can convert between the two. In arenas where ice can be used, but water cannot, ice can be converted and used as water, if the character knows how to.  Spells:  Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzaga, Blizzaja (exhausts player completely, making him die the next turn; use only as a last resort).
-Light Control: The opposite of dark control, this can also be used like a laser. It can also blind opponents, especially those with heightened sight. When it hits a dark attack, it is simply a stalemate, and an explosion may occur if the forces are strong enough.  Spell:  Light, Lightra.
-Water Control: Move oceans, create waves, and drench your opponents with this ability. It can only be used on arenas with water. If the character can control ice and water, then they can convert between the two. In arenas where water can be used, but ice cannot, water can be converted and used as ice, if the character knows how to.  Spells:  Water, Watera, Waterga, Waterja (exhausts player completely, making him die the next turn; use only as a last resort), Cure (heals light injuries).
-Healing Control: This allows the fighter to heal himself or others, no more and no less.  If fighting dark creatures on an arena like unlife, healing can harm rather than soothe.  Only spells can be utilised.  Spells:  Cure, Cura, Curaga, Curaja (sacrificial, making him die that turn), Antidote, Antidote+ (exhausting restorative spell to cure anything but death), Raise (exhausting restorative spell to cure only death; only one use), Reraise Self (exhausting restorative spell that sacrifices all mana and much strength for a saving grace and possible sneak attack; only one use; impossible to save self after -ga and -ja spells).
-Weather Control: This allows the fighter to create any type of weather, as long as the arena allows weather effects. The type of weather gives a 25% bonus to their corresponding elements, and for some like water, they provide a good source for the raw materials your character might be able to use. The types of weather are windy (air), thunderstorm (electric/lightning), hot (fire), chilly (ice), hail (ice), sunny (light), rain (water), and haze (dark).

Ki Control (comes in a bundle upon selection, but costs two abilities)
-Concentrate/Temper: Stand firm for a moment to increase your battle parameters for a post without aggressive activity. With one use of Concentrate, you'll notice slightly higher speed, strength, and damage resistance. This can be used multiple times to increase the buffs, assuming your opponent allows it. Be warned, though, as the more you use this ability and the stronger you become, you also grow much more tired. This effect is lessened by the Discipline attribute. Also, a well-timed Psybeam from the opponent can reverse all Concentrate effects except the exhaustion.
-Ki Punch: Utilize your spirit energy to create offensive unarmed attacks. The strength is half the raw strength you put into it.
-Chakra:  Heal slight or moderate wounds and cure poison.  Like Concentrate, one has to stand firm and takes one post to perform, meaning no aggression.
-Ki Sense:  Have the ability to detect a foe anywhere by closing one's eyes for several seconds (maybe one post or maybe part of a post, depending on the duration and fight circumstances).  There is a two-post cooldown time.

Ulterior Magical Control
-Disable: Can only be used once a match, but makes the opponent unable to use a random special ability for the entire match. The ability that will be taken away is completely random, and will be done by me privately, then announced in the thread. (PM me for details.)
-Telekinesis: With this, a character can make objects levitate, as long as the object being lifted could be physically carried by the character.  Cannot be used as Float.
-Shield: Create an energy barrier that will block physical attacks temporarily. The longer it is up, the more energy it drains from the user. If it is eventually broken through, it shatters like glass, and the razor sharp pieces fly everywhere.  Can be used as a weapon or container.

Mind Abilities
-Distraction: Plant random thoughts inside an opponent's mind to distract them. A distracted opponent is easier to attack, and it's easier to read their mind, if you have the attribute.
-Illusion: Cause an unfocused opponent to see things that are not real. Illusions may be seen through if the opponent notices they are not real, for example if an object passes through a seemingly solid illusion, or if they feel no pain from a fake attack. Illusions may not take over the opponent's vision completely, only create illusions in their visual field.
-Mind Block: Use this to create a type of barrier between your mind and the minds of others. After a while, it will break, and it will continue to drain small amounts of energy the longer you keep it up.
Psibeam: An attack directly to the mind, this can give opponents headaches and make their mind more vulnerable. A more focused fighter will be less effected than a distracted one. This attack cannot kill an opponent.
-Telepathy: You can use this to communicate with other fighters (and maybe form private alliances during Brawls) via the mind. You may also use this to communicate with other living things, like trees or plants. The benefit of that is not exactly clear at this time... perhaps unlocking other skills may help?
*Note: Under NO circumstances may anyone use a form of mind control to make an opponent do something. That would be considered g-modding.

Physical Abilities
-Lock-on: Projectiles thrown chase the opponent until they are either blocked or they hit something. This only works if the person using it can see the opponent from where they are standing.  Unstackable (cannot be paired with another physical ability).
-Pierce: This is a slow, yet fatal, attack. This allows the person to stab their weapon through anything, including an opponent's armor, even if they have Resistance. A weapon with a point is necessary to use this ability.  Unstackable.
-Quick Strike: Focus your mind so that by the next post your weapons will strike twice as fast as they normally do. The more you use it before actually striking with a weapon, the quicker your attack will be when it is unleashed.  The maximum is three applications before use.  Stackable (can be used with another physical ability).
-Shatter: Using this allows your weapons to break all obstacles, and any earth-based attacks used against you. If you hit the opponent while this is activated (only once every other post), they will most likely die, unless they have Resistance.  The maximum is three applications before use.  Stackable (can be used with another physical ability).

Status Attacks
-Lullaby: Sing a song that might put the opponent to sleep if they are distracted and not entirely focused in the battle. It can also be an offensive attack against closer enemies, and anyone with heightened hearing.
-Poison: This can let you poison smaller weapons like arrows, or even poison obstacles around the field. Any opponent who becomes poisoned is doomed to die within 5 of their next posts, unless they can defeat their opponent or surrender.
-Spellblade: This applies magical damage of one element onto a non-elemental weapon to strengthen damage (or heal).  Can be uncast.  Spells must be already learned by the caster.  Spells:  Dark, Light, Blizzard, Fire, Thunder, Aero, Water, Stone, Cure.  Is not affected by elemental attributes of maps.

Weapons

-Battle Axe: A large, double-bladed bearded axe. It's long and quite heavy, but it packs a mean punch. Those with the Strength attribute will have a much easier time controlling the weapon, as it often throws it's wielder around with it's own weight.
-Bow and Arrow: A generic bow and arrow(s) that are great for long range attacks. Precision of this weapon is increased for characters with heightened sight. They can also be poisoned, if the ability is known. The user has an infinite amount of arrows.
-Crossbow: A fusion between a gun and bow and arrow set, this can launch small, sharp bolts. Precision of this weapon is increased for characters with heightened sight. The user has an infinite supply of bolts.
-Coral Sword: A twisted spellblade combining Water and Lightning magical elements, assuring difficulty of blocking with all-metal weaponry like keyblades, katanas, and knives.  Padding in opponents' gloves can aid against this minor electrocution as well as weapons with wooden handles like battle axes, but gloves can only last two or three direct attacks of the coral sword.  Cannot be used with Spellblade.
-Longsword:  A long, powerful, heavy, and always effective metal sword with a padded or rubber grip.  Cuts decently, hurts even more decently, and is unbreakable except by Shatter.
-Katana: A metal sword that slices through all but the toughest of obstacles. It can make a nice dent in metal, and it can also be poisoned.
-Keyblade: Taken from Kingdom Hearts, this key-shaped blade deals powerful physical blows to anyone it hits. It can also "lock" objects in place, to make them immovable for the duration of the match. This ability can be used on 3 objects total per battle.
-Ninja Stars: These pointed stars can rip through flesh easily, and are much more effective if poisoned. Heightened sight increases their precision. The user has an infinite amount of stars.
-Scythe: A metal blade attached to a metal pole that can be swung at opponents for massive damage. These are good for cutting through specific things, but usually do not cover a wide range of space to hit.
-Spear: A long metal bar with a pointed end that can stab through opponents. It's very durable and can be used to block powerful strikes.
-Staff/Rod: A lightweight wood and metal staff that bonks opponents and provides decent speed in attacking and blocking.  Aids in magic (think +5% more elemental damage and +20% more effectiveness of healing spells.
-Throwing Knives: Razor-sharp knives that can be thrown at opponents. User has an infinite supply, and heightened sight raises precision.

VII) Arenas:

The Pit (unchanged).

Game:  None.
Elemental:  50% Dark, 50% Light, 50% Fire, 50% Water, 50% Earth, 50% Air, 50% Lightning, 50% Ice.
Gravity:  5.
Obstacle Rating:  0.
Life:  None.
Weather:  Indoors, None.
Description:  The Pit is walled, exceedingly large, stands impossibly tall, and is impenetrable, lying somewhere in space with no way in or out unless the being only known as The Overseer allows it.  The stars and galaxies overhead are unrecognisable, but the arena is entirely known by all of its combatants and patrons.  It can only be defined as a changing terrain snagged in a snowglobe, a sphere surrounded by patrons and viewers.  Large chunks of other worlds are either teleported to the Pit, encapsulated within the sphere, or the sphere bilocates to another world, and that is where battles are fought.  The standard, unchanged Pit, however, is made of a strange amalgam of elements formed into one.  One can draw water out of it, ignite it (to a point), and pull earth out of it, but it stays there, otherwise unaltered except by ground movement.  It is here that the balance of elements is influenced to its utmost, equalising them all so that no element trumps the other except through natural selection (see elemental chart).

Dream Zanarkand, Blitzball Stadium

Game:  Final Fantasy X.
Elemental:  50% Dark, 70% Light, 30% Fire, 80% Water, 40% Earth, 50% Air, 60% Lightning, 50% Ice.
Gravity:  4 on land, 1 in water.
Obstacle Rating:  2.
Description:  The well-lit Blitzball Stadium is the pride and joy of the Sleepless City, a show of competitive sport as well as art.  Within its sphere of influence, the body of breathable water that makes up the arena hovers over Zanarkand's waterscape in a breathtaking display, and players can swim without effort trying to score a goal of aquatic soccer/football.  Regrettably, there is no Blitzball with which to score, but arena combatants can use the water to outmaneuver land-borne foes beneath them or land-borne foes can tactfully use their stable ground to advantageous results.  A loose earthen cap separates the stadium from the outside air, so special caution is needed to preserve this life-sustaining platform, else one can fall a hundred feet and die.

Realm of Darkness, Waterside

Game:  Kingdom Hearts series.
Elemental:  90% Dark, 30% Light (+60% against Life), 40% Fire, 70% Water, 50% Earth, 35% Air, 30% Lightning, 60% Ice.
Obstacle:  6.
Life:  Shadows (weak), Neoshadows (medium).
Weather:  Twilight, Clear, Cold.
Description:  This dark expansive map works along the beachy front.  Boulders jut out from the sand every so many yards, some as large as an entire person.  Everything around you is darkness, from the very Shadows that linger to the sky overhead.  Only the dim light of the moon sheds light upon the combatants.

The Veldt, Lone Tree Landscape (hey, like North Dakota!).

Game:  Final Fantasy VI.
Elemental:  50% Dark, 50% Light, 70% Fire, 20% Water, 80% Earth, 80% Air, 25% Lightning, 60% Ice.
Gravity:  4.5.
Obstacle Rating:  1.  Just a tree can shield one from sight when standing, but the wild grass is tall and perfect for hiding when prone.
Life:  Behemoth (strong), Wildcat (weak)
Weather:  Clear, Hot, Sunny.
Description:  A desolate field where the grass and sky are the predominate features, the Veldt is the home of many a ferocious beast capable of ripping a normal human apart without a fight.  A wild child once called this feral land a home and survived, but few others have braved this land and lived.

Augusta Tower, 76th Floor, 300 AF

Game:  Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Elemental:  30% Dark, 80% Light, 50% Fire, 0% Water, 20% Earth, 60% Air, 70% Lightning, 0% Ice.
Gravity:  3.
Obstacle Rating:  2.  Shifting rooms twist at a slow rate with light bridges trailing along with them, possibly allowing for one to shift between the outer and inner rings of the Augusta tower, and the open-air elevator provides a wall of cover to crouch behind.
Description:  The Augusta Tower boasts the greatest collection of knowledge found in the entire world.  Too bad it was proliferated with robotic abominations and an rogue artificial Fal'Cie.  The 76th Floor was purged of pseudo-life by time-travellers Serah and Noel except for holograms of workers who once lived and now roam the outside ring as soulless husks, but the central elevator, inner ring, and outer ring all can be accessed by narrow bridges consisting of metal and physical light.  Void claims 70% of the floor's space, and there are no railings circling the two very separated rings, so watch your step and guard your balance.  It is a long way down.

Mt. Gulg Volcanic Depths.

Game:  Final Fantasy I.
Elemental:  50% Dark, 50% Light, 100% Fire, 0% Water, 70% Earth, 40% Air, 50% Lightning, 0% Ice.
Gravity:  6.
Obstacle Rating:  3.  Volcanic caverns proliferate the region as well as clearings, but lava and rock cut off all escape.
Weather:  Indoors, Haze, Hot.
Description:  Thin trails with poky rock lead to underground caverns where lava pockets reside, belching forth heat and heady gas.  Air circulates enough to breath, but barely.  Toxic gases spew forth every ten turns starting at Turn 8, which can be manipulated by Air Control if one is smart enough to know when to shift it and where to send it (no out-of-character knowledge; if the character would not know of this, don't use it).

North Crater Steppe

Game:  Final Fantasy VII.
Elemental:  60% Dark, 50% Light, 40% Fire, 50% Water, 50% Earth, 80% Air, 50% Lightning, 90% Ice.
Obstacle Rating:  2.  There are rises and falls in terrain which can be used for minor cover, and sparse trees litter the landscape, feeding on the thin spiritual energies that wisp through the wind.
Weather:  Snowy, Cold, Cloudy.
Description:  The inhospitable Crater lying near the northern pole of the planet is the largest wound nameable, a jutting spiral scar surrounding a gaping blackness leading toward the core.  On the outskirts lies a chilly snowbound steppe leading up the side of the mountain along the spiral, populated by trees that barely sustain themselves in the cold and low light conditions.  Wild lobos prowl for food but mainly stick to the cliffs where they make their den.

VIII) Items

Restorative Items
-Potion:  Cures light wounds.  Cost is 10 coins.
-Hi Potion:  Cures moderate wounds.  Cost is 30 coins.
-X Potion:  Cures severe wounds.  Cost is 50 coins.
-Ether:  Restores about 20% of mana/magic of character.  Cost is 20 coins.
-Mid Ether:  Restores about 40% of mana/magic of character.  Cost is 40 coins.
-X Ether:  Restores about 60% of mana/magic of character.  Cost is 60 coins.
-Antidote:  Cures poison.  Cost is 10 coins.
-Remedy:  Cures all ailments but death and taxes.  Cost is 20 coins.

Weapon Items
-Fire Scroll:  Holding this before you will cause Fira to be performed even if the caster cannot use magic or the elemental attribute of the map is 0%. (Fire-based item)  Cost is 10 coins.
-Blizzard Scroll:  Holding this before you will cause Blizzara to be performed even if the caster cannot use magic or the elemental attribute of the map is 0%. (Ice-based item)  Cost is 15 coins.
-Thunder Scroll:  Holding this before you will cause Thundara to be performed even if the caster cannot use magic or the elemental attribute of the map is 0%. (Lightning-based item)  Cost is 15 coins.
-Water Scroll:  Holding this before you will cause Watera to be performed even if the caster cannot use magic or the elemental attribute of the map is 0%. (Water-based item)  Cost is 15 coins.

Character Items
These items are for changing aspects of your character.
-New Signature Move: Add a new signature move to your character profile, or use this to change one of your preexisting ones to something different. (Max 3 signature moves) Cost: 100 coins
-Ability Change: Change one of your abilities for another permanently. Cost: 150 coins
-Attribute Swap: Switch your current attribute for a different one permanently. Cost: 150 coins
-Weapon Change: Change your weapon to something different. Cost: 100 coins
-Extra Ability: Add one more ability to your character permanently. (Max 5 abilities) Cost: 300 coins
-Extra Weapon: Add one more weapon to your character permanently. (Max 3 weapons, Only 2 used per battle) Cost: 300 coins
-New Character: Free every 2 months. 300 coins otherwise. Remember, your character starts at the bottom of the ladder if you make a new character.
Extra Attribute: Add one more attribute to your character permanently.  (Max 2 attributes) Cost: 400 coins.
-Custom Ability: If approved by me first, you may add your own ability to your character to be used forever, unless you create a new character.
Cost: 700 coins
-Custom Weapon: If approved by me first, you may add your own weapon to your character to be used forever, unless you create a new character.
Cost: 500 coins

Note: All purchases may be returned for half of the price they were bought at. The currency used to buy the item will be the currency given back. So if you paid in coins, you will receive coins back.

IX) Character Profiles

Will be filled later.

X) Element Table

Element Chart
For a very crude representation of what is described below, see the chart here. Keep in mind it is only to provide a quick glimpse of which elements have advantages over others when their power is equal. For detailed descriptions of each case, read below the chart. Also, the squares show from the Attacking perspective. So for example, Dark attacking Air has an X in it. That means that Dark has a disadvantage when attacking Air.

Defense
Attack Posted Image

For more specific description, read below. In each case, it is assumed that each element is equal in power (neither has an arena or weather advantage) and that each fighter is using approximately the same amount of energy in each attack. They simply describe what happens when the elements clash in "base stats." Obviously elements versus themselves are neutral and it depends on who put more energy into the attack/what type of attack it is. Or they'll just nullify each other.

Choose your element that is attacking
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Light
-Water

When Air is attacking...
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Light
-Water

Air vs. Dark: Air is good at defeating "energy" elements because it pushes right through them. Dark uses air as its medium to travel, so it makes a poor defense against Air.
Air vs. Earth: Earth makes a great defense against Air because it is difficult to move. It would take a pretty strong gust of wind to ever break through an Earth-based defense.
Air vs. Electric: Air is good at defeating "energy" elements because it pushes right through them. Electricity uses air as its medium to travel, so it makes a poor defense against Air.
Air vs. Fire: Air is good at defeating "energy" elements because it pushes right through them. Fire uses air as its medium to travel, so it makes a poor defense against Air.
Air vs. Ice: Air has difficulty getting through solid elements, so it's weak against Ice. Ice, though fragile, is able to stop most gusts of wind.
Air vs. Light: Air is good at defeating "energy" elements because it pushes right through them. Light uses air as its medium to travel, so it makes a poor defense against Air.
Air vs. Water: Water isn't completely solid, but it's enough to stop most Air-based attacks. Some stronger Air attacks might be able to break through however.

When Dark is attacking...
-Air
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Light
-Water

Dark vs. Air: Air is good at defeating "energy" elements because it pushes right through them. Dark uses air as its medium to travel, so it makes a poor defense against Air.
Dark vs. Earth: Dark energy is able to tear apart rocks and break them. Conversely, Earth makes a poor defense against Dark energy.
Dark vs. Electric: Electricity wins in this clash. It is usually accompanied by Light, which has a history of defeating Darkness...

Dark vs. Fire: Fire has been used in the history of the world to keep away Darkness. Fire is a good defense against Dark energy.
Dark vs. Ice: Ice, a fragile element, is easily shattered by Dark energy. Ice should not be used to defend against Dark.
Dark vs. Light: The classic showdown of opposites. In the Glitz Pit, they are considered equals and create an explosion whose magnitude depends on the power of the energies when they collide. If one is more powerful than the other, than they leave smaller explosions in their wake as they overtake the other element.
Dark vs. Water: Darkness can pass easily through Water. Water is not a smart choice of defense against Dark.

When Earth is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Light
-Water

Earth vs. Air: Earth can easily plough through any Air attack. Weak Air is no match for the strength of Earth.
Earth vs. Dark: Most Earth attacks against Dark will probably be destroyed before they can even reach the opponent.
Earth vs. Electric: The Earth is a large conductor, so it makes sense that Electric defenses/attacks stand no chance against it. Earth will most likely absorb most Electric energy sent at it.
Earth vs. Fire: Earth does a good job resisting Fire, so it will most likely push through any Fire defenses.
Earth vs. Ice: Earth, being the stronger element, will easily shatter the weaker Ice defense.
Earth vs. Light: Earth is good at reflecting/absorbing Light energy, so a Light-based defense won't do much against an Earth attack.
Earth vs. Water: It may seem counterintuitive that the strong Earth can be stopped by Water, but don't forget about erosion. Because of it, Water has a slight advantage over Earth, but not by very much.

When Electric is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Fire
-Ice
-Light
-Water

Electric vs. Air: Air pushes away many energy attacks, so Electricity won't be very successful against a good Air defense.
Electric vs. Dark: Electricity wins in this clash. It is usually accompanied by Light, which has a history of defeating Darkness...
Electric vs. Earth: The Earth is a large conductor, so it makes sense that Electric defenses/attacks stand no chance against it. Earth will most likely absorb most Electric energy sent at it.
Electric vs. Fire: Electricity is a much more pure and precise element than Fire giving it a power advantage.
Electric vs. Ice: Ice is able to block standard Electric attacks, but powerful Electric attacks may break through.
Electric vs. Light: Light, the purest form of... light energy, has the most power of all the "Light" related elements (Fire/Electric/Light), giving it the power to defeat its sibling elements.
Electric vs. Water: Water is a major conductor of Electricity, giving it the advantage to redirect most Electric attacks.

When Fire is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Ice
-Light
-Water

Fire vs. Air: Air will most likely be able to disperse the Fire attack before it can reach the opponent.
Fire vs. Dark: The small bit of light created by Fire naturally will be able to defeat Dark-based defenses.
Fire vs. Earth: Earth is one of the best defending elements, and proves itself again against Fire. Fire can try to burn through, but it will rarely succeed.
Fire vs. Electric: Electricity is a much more pure and precise element than Fire giving it a power advantage.
Fire vs. Ice: Fire has the ability to melt Ice defenses. It might take a second, but it'll get through most Ice defenses.
Fire vs. Light: Light, the purest form of... light energy, has the most power of all the "Light" related elements (Fire/Electric/Light), giving it the power to defeat its sibling elements.
Fire vs. Water: Another pair of opposites, Water evaporates as it puts out the Fire.

When Ice is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Light
-Water

Ice vs. Air: Ice can cut through most Air defenses.
Ice vs. Dark: Dark energy is able to shatter Ice, so Ice probably won't make it past many Dark defenses.
Ice vs. Earth: Ice is weaker than Earth, so it'd have to be a pretty powerful Ice attack to get through.
Ice vs. Electric: Ice is able to block standard Electric attacks, but powerful Electric attacks may break through.
Ice vs. Fire: Fire melts Ice, so Ice won't be able to bypass most Fire defenses.
Ice vs. Light: Light passes right through transparent Ice, so it'll barely make a mark on Light defenses.
Ice vs. Water: Ice can cut through many Water defenses. After all, it is the solid form of Water.

When Light is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Water

Light vs. Air: Air pushes away Light-energy attacks, so it probably won't get through.
Light vs. Dark: The classic showdown of opposites. In the Glitz Pit, they are considered equals and create an explosion whose magnitude depends on the power of the energies when they collide. If one is more powerful than the other, than they leave smaller explosions in their wake as they overtake the other element.
Light vs. Earth: Earth is good at reflecting/absorbing Light energy, so a Light-based attack won't do much against an Earth defense.
Light vs. Electric: Light, the purest form of... light energy, has the most power of all the "Light" related elements (Fire/Electric/Light), giving it the power to defeat its sibling elements.
Light vs. Fire: Light, the purest form of... light energy, has the most power of all the "Light" related elements (Fire/Electric/Light), giving it the power to defeat its sibling elements.
Light vs. Ice: Light can pass right through Ice, shattering it in the process. Ice will barely affect the path of Light energy.
Light vs. Water: Water is also transparent, so a Water defense will do little against a Light attack.

When Water is attacking...
-Air
-Dark
-Earth
-Electric
-Fire
-Ice
-Light

Water vs. Air: Water will make it through Air defenses, though barely. A slightly stronger Air defense might be able to push Water away.
Water vs. Dark: Dark energy is also able to shoot through Water, though not as fast as Light can.
Water vs. Earth: Water attacks have the potential to erode through Earth defenses if they are persistent enough. However, weaker Water attacks will not succeed in their attempts.
Water vs. Electric: Water can defeat most Electric defenses. In the process, it will probably absorb a lot of the Electric energy of the defense.
Water vs. Fire: Another pair of opposites, Water evaporates as it puts out the Fire.
Water vs. Ice: Ice, Water's solid form, blocks most Water attacks with ease.
Water vs. Light: Water is transparent, so a Water attack will do little against a Light defense, which practically passes right through it.

XII) News Updates
9/27/15- Thread Created

XII) Event Information

Nothing yet.

XIII) Important Fight Judgments

Issue: Arenas
Question: Can arenas be destroyed by fighter techniques?
Answer: No. This applies especially to floating arenas like Final Destination and Skytown. They stay floating in the air, always, unless specifically stated otherwise by myself. However, it is possible to destroy parts of arenas like pillars on Neo Star using earth control, etc. But overall the arena should remain close to the way it was before the battle began.

Issue: Armor in Profiles
Question: Can armor that was mentioned in a fighter's profile be used to defend against attacks?
Answer: No, mostly. Armor should not be an integral part of a fighter's strategy or greatly affect the outcome of a battle. It's fine if you want to use it to give yourself more weight or block something like a weak punch, but any kind of powerful attack should not be stopped/weakened much by it.

Issue: Clone attribute
Question: Can clones reform at any time?
Answer: No, they should be within a range of about 2 feet of each other, none of them binded by some attack.

Issue: Fire Control ability
Question: Can it be used to fire a beam?
Answer: No, fire is not pure enough to be fired as a beam. Light and Dark can, and the closest electricity will get is in the form of a bolt (which is just about the same thing). However, flamethrowers are acceptable.

Edited by Vaude

My only thoughts or problems would be that you take away the requirement that both players be online for a challenge and extend the time limit for Brawls to like one or two days. Perhaps on different forums, such rules would not be a problem, but here, things move generally far slower than what you are suggesting. That's my only suggestion, aside from that, everything looks great. Let me run a weapon through you real quick and then I'll begin work on my sheets.

You make a good point, as things seem to progress rather slowly here, but maybe I can elaborate on what a Brawl is like.  Because of the sheer number of people that can participate (like, up to ten), the previous hosts of the predecessor RP had scheduled it for a two-hour period that fits everybody's schedule.  This can fill a hundred posts even with five people because it is so fast-paced and so many characters can attack each other, however I can stretch it out to a longer period depending on the schedules of the participants.  A day might be too long because a lot can happen in twenty-four hours, but I can adapt and this rule is mutable.

As a final word, thank you very much for your interest, and I look forward to seeing your character sheet!  The same goes for you too, MA, *wink*.

Wait, are there multiple characters allowed? Lol, I don't want to put in a whole bunch of work and then suddenly be restricted to only one.

Sorry; only one character per person, elsewise all sorts of havoc can erupt like instant rises or falls on the league roster, massive chockablock battles, and other difficulties.  However, everybody can change their character to a different one initially if you do not like your current style.  I welcome everybody to experiment!

So basically all out battle arena with final fantasy characters? color me interested.

Sorry again, but it isn't all-out or with the Final Fantasy individuals we all know and love, like Locke Cole the treasure hunter.  Original characters must be used.  Maybe at a later time I or somebody else can do that.

You gonna bring neena in? xD

Hmmmm, then I suppose I'll be fielding somebody other than the people I was originally going to. I'll add a bit more flavor to ****him**** to make up for it.

Name: Ryonne Neyelmnik

KH13 Name: Emerald Sustrai (yes it says Disgust, but it will be changed soon. Also feel free to call me Yuffie. That's what I'm known as)

Biography:

Appearance- 5'11, 153 lbs., a lean and wiry build. He has shaggy and disheveled brown hair and incredibly pointed brown eyes. He wears a long blue jacket with the sleeves rolled up that is kept closed over a white muscle shirt by a couple of belts, two over each shoulder and one around his waist. Underneath this is a pair of white pants and a pair of hardy traveler's boots.

Personality- Cold and distant, Ryonne is certainly not a social person. He is possessed by an incredible sense of justice and loyalty, and will do anything he can to save an innocent life. He prefers solitude and is quiet in the presence of others. Whenever he has some spare time he is training, constantly working to make himself better. Nothing else matters if he is not strong enough to help others. He can be harsh with his criticisms and his words, but he only has best intentions at heart.

-Sub-Personality- (will be explained) Viridem is a complete brat. She hates other people, and as such tends to loudly declare her thoughts with little thought for their feelings. She is strong willed and stubborn, never backing down from anything that she wants to do.

Bio- Ryonne and Viridem were once a part of a resistance fighting against a race of powerful beings that had decided that they wanted to be in control. For their own reasons, the two each joined the group in order to take them down. They often worked as partners despite their differences, and they seemed to unconsciously gravitate towards each other often. As they each became more and more powerful in their chosen fields, strong enough to solo even some of the most powerful beings in the world, they only became closer. On the eve of the final battle, Ryonne took a stab in the dark. He asked Viridem to marry him. She said yes, and the two lovers went to fight the King. But only one came out. Ryonne carried his wife out of the unholy battlefield. He spent the upcoming years traveling the world searching for some way to bring her back. And he managed it. But only partially. Now she lives in him. She can either telepathically communicate with him, or can make her voice heard to the world. But she still has no physical form. And Ryonne will never stop until he finds a way to restore that.

Attribute: Speed, Ryonne was blindingly fast in his previous incarnation, but in this realm he has of course been slowed considerably.

Abilities: Light Control- Ryonne was able to use some light magic in his previous incarnation.

Healing Control- Ryonne was once almost like a paladin, skilled primarily in fighting but with some skill in medical and buff magic.

Quick Strike- Ryonne has always been a fast fighter, focused on accurately and rapidly striking the opponent above most other things.

Weapon: Katana- Ryonne has always specialized in the use of a katana, though in his previous incarnation he used it as a partner to the scabbard, he is for now focused solely on his blade.

Signature Move: Holy Zantetsuken- An incredibly fast attack with a slow build-up, Ryonne is forced to stand still as he locks onto his target, and focuses his energy into his blade and his feet, before unleashing it all at once. He dashes through the target so fast he cannot be seen, slicing his blade through the opponent as he does so. His katana is empowered with light magic as he does so. It requires quite a lot of build up so it is relatively simple to prepare for, though it is still quite strong. And of course, it requires a straight line between himself and the target and enough space between them as well.

Edited by Disgust

Accepted for the most part, though I do not think that that signature move is fair enough for this roleplay because it ignores the rule of dodgability, defendability, or preventability.  With a few slight tweaks, however, it can be usable.  It appears to be a linear attack which requires 1.) enough space and easy terrain for the sidestep and run, respectively, and 2.) enough gathered energy, which paladins are known for, so this is okay, but a shielded defense or preventive countermeasure may render this avoidable or less damaging than running the sword through the opponent's whole abdomen.  With that said, this is a fine ability, but please alter it accordingly.

Welcome to the RP!  I look forward to seeing Ryonne and Viridem in fighting action as well as outside of fights.  He greatly reminds me of my Glitz Pit cherie.

Alrighty, here I go.  I won't pretend that I'm good at combat RPs, but this sounds like a lot of fun and I've got to give it a try.

Also, I didn't elaborate on Yev's race here, but originally he was partially an angel (think Mithos and the Angelus Project : D).  I tried to be vague, though that has a lot to do with his father's disappearance.  I don't mind going either way with him, but would this be allowed or should I firmly make him a human since this race isn't found within Final Fantasy?  I know you mentioned human/alien hybrids of our own were permitted, so I wasn't sure, especially since it isn't found anywhere in Final Fantasy.

Name: Yevgeni MalachiteKH13 Name:  Mystics ApprenticeBiography: Yevgeni is a 23-year-old raised by his mother in a small, quiet village, having one younger sister named Nya who means a great deal to him.  The youth never knew his father, though he'd been told that he'd died in a war years ago.  Truthfully his parents had to live apart, for their own individual races deemed it so.  Yev has golden blond locks that cover his pale forehead and fall inches upon his neck, though his hair is too short and too thin to truly be considered "shoulder length."  His eyes are hazel, a mixture of green and brown, and he is of average height with a slender build.  After Yev lost much in a war, including his dear mother, he'd lost much of himself and strived to find it.  He's stuck up, stubborn, and arrogant, but he does fight strongly for what he believes in, and will support his friends to the bitter end unless they conflict with his own beliefs.  The sky is the limit when Yev sets his mind up to something, which can be both his victory as well as his downfall.Attribute: FlyingAbilities: Electric/Lightning, Light, and Healing ControlWeapon: Thin rapier (would that be acceptable?  If not I'll switch to a long sword)Signature Move: Judgement: an ability wielding several pillars of light magic to target various points on the arena, controlled by the wielder, to probably about six areas on the field.  Its final stage is an X across the ground, causing great amounts of heat to rise from the ground.

Accepted, though I must limit Judgement to slenderer light pillars for exhaustion measures.  Without a rod or Turbo MP, your mana reserves are limited, and massive pillars will be more tricky to dodge as well as more depleting of your energy and maybe your life.  I too may limit the x to a circular pillar of your favoured size (explosive or not), as maybe the x would be too widespread, but this is a great blend of abilities and I look forward to seeing Yev in action.

Accepted, though I must limit Judgement to slenderer light pillars for exhaustion measures.  Without a rod or Turbo MP, your mana reserves are limited, and massive pillars will be more tricky to dodge as well as more depleting of your energy and maybe your life.  I too may limit the x to a circular pillar of your favoured size (explosive or not), as maybe the x would be too widespread, but this is a great blend of abilities and I look forward to seeing Yev in action.

That sounds fine to me.  I'm wondering how mana reserves will work, though I wonder if I just overlooked that in the main post.  I'll take another gander in a bit.

Regarding the "x" pattern of beams, I was thinking that it wouldn't be as concentrated as the pillars are (and also restricted to the ground only; sorry, I forgot to add that), though we can change it or remove it if you feel it would be best.

Accepted for the most part, though I do not think that that signature move is fair enough for this roleplay because it ignores the rule of dodgability, defendability, or preventability.  With a few slight tweaks, however, it can be usable.  It appears to be a linear attack which requires 1.) enough space and easy terrain for the sidestep and run, respectively, and 2.) enough gathered energy, which paladins are known for, so this is okay, but a shielded defense or preventive countermeasure may render this avoidable or less damaging than running the sword through the opponent's whole abdomen.  With that said, this is a fine ability, but please alter it accordingly.

Welcome to the RP!  I look forward to seeing Ryonne and Viridem in fighting action as well as outside of fights.  He greatly reminds me of my Glitz Pit cherie.

Apologies, thought such requirements would be obvious. I will add them in regardless.

Perfect and perfect, in that case!  For MA, The x pattern is perfectly A-OK in my eyes, though let's leave off the heat, maybe.  As for Miss Yuffie, I think it was the instantaneous attack that threw me off a bit, as well as the "slicing his blade through the opponent."  If you can edit the description, however, I would greatly appreciate it and duly thank you for it.

Awesome; thank you, and from the look of things everything is fine.  My apologies for the changes; this RP is rather limiting because combat requires fairness, but I do hope that it leaves everyone happy in the end.

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to have enough players to run this.  How many people were you hoping to acquire before you start it?  This sounds like a neat idea and I'm looking forward to seeing how the system works.  I too am wondering if a few days for a battle would be better than having a couple of hours when both players are online since the forums run slow and everyone seems to be pretty busy lately, but I would be willing to try the online matches if that's what you decide upon. : )

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to have enough players to run this.  How many people were you hoping to acquire before you start it?  This sounds like a neat idea and I'm looking forward to seeing how the system works.  I too am wondering if a few days for a battle would be better than having a couple of hours when both players are online since the forums run slow and everyone seems to be pretty busy lately, but I would be willing to try the online matches if that's what you decide upon. : )

Greetings!  To be honest, I was hoping for a few more interested blokes, thoguh we can start whenever.  I may get rid of the old standards of standings and placement and just unchain things a bit, all for the sake of the roleplay being more fun and less stringent, but time will tell.  With all  of that said, you two can duke it out to see who will be the superior fighter, or maybe you both would like to double-team against my old champion, Ychera Vencii, the Two-Blooded Battle Maiden, as she's freshly retired.  This could be for fun or it could be a 250-coin match where you can upgrade your characters within a single battle.