Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Oli

Did you like the Drop System in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance?

Did you like the Drop System in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the Drop System in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance?

• Sure, it was a refreshing gameplay mechanic!
    • Yeah, but it was kinda annoying sometimes.
    • No, I didn't like it.
    • I haven't played the game yet.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

I liked it, I think it worked good for this story instead of picking between Sora and Riku at the beginning of the game like Birth by Sleep, it worked in BbS but I don't think it would've worked in DDD considering what happens close to the end of the game. It dose however provides a problem for me in how I will LP the game when it comes out for the PS4.  And it also sucks when you are on the last bar of HP for a boss and you are on the extra time and only have 30 seconds to beat the boss before you start from the beginning of the fight again.

I didn't LIKE it, but I also didn't dislike it. It was a game play mechanic that was really easy to work around, and gave me incentive to switch between characters more than I would've otherwise. Most of the time when I began to get close to dropping I was like "kay." I only recall being annoyed once or twice. As a game play mechanic I'm indifferent, but I think the story reason for it was clever.

It never really inconvenienced me all that much, but I could have done without it. Any game mechanic that involves forcibly interrupting your game and requiring you to have to re-fight bosses you may have spent a lot of time fighting already and was 'Dropped' just before you beat them, is not a very good one. 

And also for what WakingDawn said, it really does the story no service. DDD is already confusing as it is, making you switch between characters just makes it even more confusing. And this game is made by the same guy who actively discouraged playing Terra, Aqua and Ventus's stories simultaneously because it was confusing. Playing BBS that way is way less complicated than DDD made it be.

Edited by Kaweebo

Honestly, I found the Drop System in the game to be quite cool, since I could be able to alternate between Sora and Riku whenever I wanted!  But good God, what annoyed the hell out of me was when the Drop would take effect right when I'm fighting a boss battle! I grit my teeth the first time it happened, lol. xD  But anyways, other than that minor little detail, I enjoyed the Drop System of the game. :3

I really like the drop system especially since I can play both Sora and Riku in one story instead of finishing Terra's story to play Ventus story, and finishing Ventus's story to play Aqua's story. I don't think is annoying because one, I always check my drop gauge before it runs out and refill it, and two, I use the drop system after I saved at the save point because I want my drop gauge to full before I fight the boss battle.

Edited by Movies798

I liked it pretty well, but it made the story choppy at times. I think it would've worked better if they made you play entirely through Sora's story in a world, then through Riku's story, then made both of them drop into the next world at the same time.

Edited by SarcasmAbounds

I liked that you could get bonuses when switching characters, but the need to stop and equip Drop me nots (the most useful item in the game, haha) was annoying.

It was annoying but once you get used to it you can plan ahead.

It was a nice tie in with the story, it forces you to keep Sora and Riku in the same parts of the story, and even if you get dropped in an inconvient moment you still get the drop bonuses that will benefit the other character.

Though sometimes I would manually drop after an out-of-time drop to keep using the same character but didn't bother me too much; sometimes it's fun racing the clock.

I liked it plenty enough (forced you to play the story at the intended pace). Only thing I wish I could turn off is the counter itself; oftentimes you want to force a drop for whatever reason, and then the results screen looks like it's judging you somehow.

well it was ok for what it was but there definitely are better ways to implement two stories and characters into one game. i actually didn't have any issues with dropping during boss fights so it's not like i'm loathing the mechanic or anything. it was just ok. hope it's never brought back though. 

I like it but i hate it when im in a middle of a boss fight. If you were at a boss fight and you drop and then you back again your enemy bosses will have a full hp bar again. I know i can use the drop-me-not potion but first,i must use an extra munny second, i have a lot of great command to use in the fight but i must use one slot for drop-me-not potion

I've always loved it. I liked how Sora and Riku could help each other in various ways, that would help out a lot on the other side. I don't think I've ever had to drop in the middle of a boss battle since I allowed myself to have as much time as I needed before go against the bosses. :D

NO!

I don't understand what the use of it is supposed to be anyways. In the beginning of the game it is really annoying because you can drop in the middle of a boss, but starting from second or third world you are able to use drop me nots and this completely makes the system useless and annoying. I always just throw in a couple of drop me nots when my drop bar is getting low and just continue to the end of the world and drop once I finished it with either Sora or Riku.

Also, the random: "ugh...so...sleepy....*falls asleep" is sooooooo dumb.

This video describes KHDDD's faults perfectly:

Not to hate on DDD, I liked the game quite a lot, but it had some serious issues.

Edited by Kimberley Coehoorn