Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

How do you think the Drop System in Dream Drop Distance will improve/change in 2.8?

I know that a lot of people complain about how in 3D that you drop & switch characters too quickly. Hopefully Square changes how long it takes to switch character. Maybe, as a special reward for beating the game under a certain difficulty, you get a special ability where the Drop meter never goes down.

I don't think they need to change anything.

If they do the best would be giving extra drop points at the start of any boss/mini-boss and then even more every 2 heath bars you take from the boss (or whatever other amount).

Even still dropping during a boss fight isn't that bad and when you come back you'll have a full drop meter plus drop bonuses so it's probably not worth their effort to change it.

I've never really had a problem with the drop system to be honest. However, I do think that they should work around it a little when it comes to boss fights. I think that they should either:

1. Not make the drop bar deplete during a boss battle

or

2. When you return to a boss fight after dropping from it, make it that the battle continues instead of starting from the beginning.

Either way, the Drop-Me-Nots are there for a reason but hey, it's just an idea.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's nothing wrong with the Drop system, it's fine the way it is. Maybe more varied rewards or even rare items/abilities as bonuses, but that's really it, it doesn't have to be "fixed" if it serves it's purpose just fine.

2. When you return to a boss fight after dropping from it, make it that the battle continues instead of starting from the beginning.

If i remember correctly they actually changed it from doing that in the NA/EU versions because a large number of people in the JP version were dropping mid boss or mid battle in general and would come back to end up dying.

If i remember correctly they actually changed it from doing that in the NA/EU versions because a large number of people in the JP version were dropping mid boss or mid battle in general and would come back to end up dying.

no, it's the same. if you drop mid boss battle and return, you have to restart the whole battle

I was a fan of the drop system. It prevents favoritism from occurring.

I actually never had a problem with the Drop system in the game at all!  Granted, the only time I'd find it annoying is when Sora or Riku would drop right in the middle of a boss fight, but other than that, I really didn't have any qualms about said gameplay system!  I don't think there's going to be any changes to the Drop system in 2.8 whatsoever.

I'm hoping they can at the very least make it so you can use the drop me nots without having to put them into your deck as I always found it really annoying seeing the bar going down, and having to rearrange the deck to put that in so I could use the item. I understand for other items since you would actually use those in battle, but this is simply so you can keep playing that character.

I always got to a stopping point when I saw I was going to drop soon, drop, and then drop back. I would finish each world one character at a time rather than staggering them both through. I would like if it was not there but it won't really bother me since it will stay.

Well, this is Squeenix, so I doubt they're going to change it.

Besides, Dropping is only a problem if you're doing like Critical LV1 or something, since things take longer.

I found nothing troublesome with the Drop system. What I want to know is what are they going to do with Reality Shift? You don't have a touch pad and stylus to use anymore.

PS4 touch pad

Not like the 3DS though. How will they adapt to such a touch pad. It is not as big.

I'm just going to name some examples. For Sling Shot, you can press on the touch pad and pull back then let go to release the Nightmare. For Faithline, draw the pattern you want to go on the touch pad. Code Break can use the analog sticks to choose the code you want to use.

I'm just going to name some examples. For Sling Shot, you can press on the touch pad and pull back then let go to release the Nightmare. For Faithline, draw the pattern you want to go on the touch pad. Code Break can use the analog sticks to choose the code you want to use.

And with Nightmare's End?