Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Vote for the best Final Fantasy mainline sub-series!

27 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the best Final Fantasy mainline sub-series!

• Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
    • Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy X series
    • The Lightning Saga
    • Final Fantasy XIV

It was made by the exact same people. Lol.

Lots of people don't like the xiii saga, and it's ok. I personally enjoyed xiii and xiii-2, and i haven't played lr, so...but that doesn't mean a vast amount of people who doesn't like it should enjoy it no matter what.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Considering every series of these aside from the MMOs(As I don't have any interest in them) have one game I like and one(or more) that I hate, I'll just choose IV's series because of FFIV.

Edited by Darth Hydra

Lots of people don't like the xiii saga, and it's ok. I personally enjoyed xiii and xiii-2, and i haven't played lr, so...but that doesn't mean a vast amount of people who doesn't like it should enjoy it no matter what.

I never said that. Simply spreading a bit of knowledge. I'd suggest you go play LR, it's so much fun!

I'll say what I think of these series:

FFIV: The Complete Collection: I loved FFIV and then I played The After Years and I was sooo impressed, that's ceirtanly one of the best FF games I've played (and I've played most of them)! This is my opinion, you don't need to tell me you prefare FFIV than The After Years, I don't xD.

Compilation FFVII: I've played the original (second best FF game tied with FFXIII and only FFX is above it), Crisis Core and I watched Advent Children. I tried playing Dirge of Cerberus, but it seemed imposible for me to get that game, so I gave up on looking for it. What do I think of this series? I think it's tied to FFIV's one! The original FFVII game is superior than The After Years (which, as I've already said, is one of my favourite FF games), but Crisis Core's gameplay was long in hard mode (I played it in hard mode) and it took me ages to finnish it (also, I ended Crisis Core before I got my hands on FFVII), also, it wasn't all that fun (except against ceirtain bosses with humanoid form, where you could dodge their attacks quite well and that sort of stuff), but, as many people say, it's story is one of the best ammong all the FF games, and it's ending is ceirtanly the best out of all of them. Advent Children was good, I liked it, but they try to put too much into a too short segment of time and that makes it confusing at some points.

FFXI: Never played it.

FFX series: FFX is my favourite FF game, and it was the first one I ever played. It's story is impressive, it's characters are great, a nice-paced battle system and it's very detailed generaly (like, characters have a quite detailed personality, even those who aren't important in the story, such as the other summoners and their guardians like Isaaru and Bartello), actually, my favourite FF character is in this game, Seymour Guado. However, I didn't like FFX-2 at all, the only thing I enjoyed a lot was it's gameplay, but that's it. I didn't get to finnish it, I kept loosing against the Dark Aeons in the final stage, and I can't finnish it now (I don't own the game anymore), so I stayed with the story's mystery in my head (don't spoil me though).

The Lightning Saga: Impressive series! All the games are marvellous (the best one is the original FFXIII)! Great story (in my opinion, I know a lot of people say that's not bad, but "meh"), best gameplay (again, in my opinion, and especially in the first one as it was a bit more tactical and you could summon), best graphics (until FFXV is released, I don't know how good XIV's graphics are) and great characters (especially Lightning, although people say she's a Cloud clone, which I don't see, Caius, Barthandelous and the other main characters like Noel and Hope). A lot of people don't like it, or think it's allright, and I respect their opinion, the same way that they should respect mine; The Lightning Saga has never stopped impressing me (except for the ultimately final boss, which was quite obvious since the beggining of LR), and I loved the characters, it even made me sensitive at the end of LR. But overall, the thing that most surprised me in this game was FFXIII-2's ending (I'm not telling, it would be too cruel to spoil this). Conclusion, I loved it.

FFXIV: Same as FFXI, haven't played it.

In the end, this is how it ends:

4th Place:

FFX series.

3rd Place:

Compilation of FFVII.

2nd Place:

FFIV: The Complete Collection

And 1st Place:

The Lightning Saga!!!

As I said, respect my opinion the same way I respect yours, I know my one may not be too popular, but still, I don't mind!

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

7 because of the original and crisis core wasn't huge on dirge of cerberus

I voted for VII for the very same reason.  Crisis Core was amazing, though I really enjoyed the Lightning Saga as well.  I loved X but greatly disliked X-2, so that was a no-go for me.

I'm gonna be a spoilsport and vote for the Ivalice Saga, being FFXII, Revenant Wings, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2 and Vagrant Story.

And yes, I know Tactics Advance and A2 were inside a grimoire, and that Vagrant Story's relationship to the relevant FF games is complicated, but damnit it's a saga! :D 

Got to hand it to the Lightning Saga, no matter how much people seem to hate it, I still think the trilogy is excellent and deserves a lot more praise. The story of the first two games is excellent, and although the story of LR is kind of a mess, it is still rather enjoyable.  There are just a whole lot of positives to this trilogy that outweigh the negatives.

I guess I'll be the sole vote for Final Fantasy XIV. Even if you don't play the game, the cutscenes are on YouTube and the story is worth it if you're ever interested.

I'm gonna be a spoilsport and vote for the Ivalice Saga, being FFXII, Revenant Wings, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2 and Vagrant Story.

And yes, I know Tactics Advance and A2 were inside a grimoire, and that Vagrant Story's relationship to the relevant FF games is complicated, but damnit it's a saga! :D

I am not disputing it's place as a connected universe but simply if you include that than you have to include Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy which would makes things very weird and places XIII in two categories.