Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Azure Flame

Pokemon: A new Beginning in Johto

"Your new friend? Who are you referring to?" Alexis put her hands on her hips and looked at him grumpily.

Strike smiled as a Frillish walked into the room from having been outside. The Frillish was a male as looked to be of the normal varity. "Alexis meet Frills. I was out fishing this morning along the way to the market and this guy took my bait and surprised me as well. He is actually a very good Pokemon indeed, as he even has the ability Cursed Body, which doesn't effect my Pokemon, but can disable a move of another trainer's Pokemon that makes contact with it. This guy also looks to help with cleaning and caring for others. It's really a great find." Strike said with a smile and the Frillish smiled. Even though the Pokedex can say Frillishs usually take their pray after poisoning them to their lairs, this Frillish was all too friendly and didn't stunned or poison anything that it was told to. The Frillish was in fact carrying in dishes using Psychic to help make sure every food had a dish to be on and make sure everyone got to have their own set of dishes.

Edited by WakingDawn96

"Um... I-I see..." Alexis appeared unprepared for the arrival of Strike's third pokemon. "Good for you... now if you'll excuse me. I need to get ready for the day." Alexis then marched up the stairs and into her room where she selected her clothing and then proceeded towards bathroom. She began to shower. She showered for a decent amount of time. She finished, worked on her hair, got dressed and the headed downstairs once more after picking up her bag and the grass type pokemon from her room. When she reached the bottom of the steps, Alexis walked into the dining room and sat down at the table. "He already has three pokemon...Clearly far more ahead of the game than me.... I need to step it up" she thought to herself.

Edited by NEX

Strike got finished with the last of the cooking and had a big breakfast display on the table. "Okay everyone, eat as much as you want. The left side is for humans and the right side is for Pokemon." Strike said as he got his food and sat down at the table.

"Thanks." said Alexis as she took some food and put it on a separate plate, proceeding to eat. She looked up at Strike. "Its not bad."

Strike smiled. "Well I would hope that it tastes good. You see I had five years of learning how to be a professional cook. It's just something that my dear family thought I should learn how to do. But thankfully, my Pokemon can help me now." Strike said as he then took a bite of his food.

"So your parents started having you do things right out of the gate huh......" Alexis seemed slightly unhappy. 

Hahari jumped up onto the table and began to eat them.

Edited by NEX

"Well when you have parents like mine, you have to learn how to do things so you can grow into a very smart person. It's not like they made me start with the hard things, they actually gave me easy things to develop into harder things. Learning how easy something is before learning how hard it is is actually helpful to develop skills that are needed in life. But to be honest, I am actually glad they made me learn things, as if I weren't trained, I would probably not have any way to survive in this world. So it is actually nice for me to be skilled." Strike said with a smile while eating.

Adam hiked around the rather rugged area seeking the long nose pokemon. Totodile following close behind him. He hadn't told or shown the other three his new pokemon. He reaches the top of one of the rocky ledges to see a stream. A devilish grin crawls itself across his face as he saw his target in sight, a phanphy drinking from its waters. "So it was true." He whispered to himself. He looked towards Rex. "Use Hone Claws" he whispered.

Rex nodded and his claws began to glow, causing his attack and accuracy to increase. 

"Get ready to bolt for it" Adam said as he peered around the tree he had hidden behind. He held up 3 fingers and began to count down...2...1... Adam and Rex both bolt out from the rock. "Metal Claw!" Adam exclaimed. Rex dashed towards the surprised Phanphy, Knocking it off balance and backwards across the stream and into a tree. "Keep up the pressure." Totodilie dashes forward once more, however the phanphy regains it footing and realizes the situation, immediatly raising its own Protect. Totodile's attack bounces right off the shield. "Lets go! Ice Fang!" Rex lands on his feet and an icy mist begins to spew itself from the Big Jaw Pokemon's mouth. The Phanphy responds with a Defence Curl swiftly followed up by a Rollout. The Phanphy barrels towards Rex and high speeds and eventually slams into the pokemon knocking him backwards, repaying the debt from earlier. "TCH...Lets see now....."Adam looked at his pokedex. "Rex use Water Gun!" Adam exclaimed.  Rex responded by blasting a stream of water at Phanpy dealing heavy damage to the ground type pokemon. Adam held up one of his 9 remaining pokeballs. "Your mine!" The Pokeball sailed through the air and hit Phanphy in the head. a burst of light absorbed the pokemon into the pokeball. It landed on the rocky ground and began to shake.  1...2...3....Ding. Adam Grinned as he watched the capture become a success. "Well now there we go..." he walked across the stream and picked up the pokeball. He then looked at Rex. "You did well but I don't want you getting hurt, take a rest." he smiled as he recalled the pokemon into its pokeball. He then looked at the Phanphy's pokeball. "Welcome to the team, Argon." he then proceeded to walk back to camp.

Posted Image

(^Thats where he was. a quaint mountain stream)

Edited by Unto The abyss

"I suppose that makes sense... I guess it would help that your parents were so involved." Alexis says as she finishes eating.

Strike smiled. "So anyways, only one more route to go together. We should get a move on as soon as we are done here, I have a badge to earn and a Pokémon to find." Strike said as Frills started to use psychic to wash and put away some of the dishes that everyone was done with.

"Right..." Alexis said. "And ive got a pokedex to fill out." She muttered to herself having gained data from most of thr pokemon she saw on route 29 by Logging them in her pokedex. "Lets go...." She said as she helped Hahari off the table.

"The possibility of finding one was low..." said Adam as he walked up to his tent and began to take it down after rolling up his mat and strapping them both to his backpack. He held six poke balls on his belt and four more on his back pack straps. He was ready to catch more pokemon. "I haven't any food so we will have to pick up a meal in Cherry Grove City. I hope you three can hold your stomachs till then." Adam said to the three his voice still rather dulled out. He didn't act excited but that was because he still was holding out on the information of his team of three. This was because Adam didn't feel like coming out and telling those who would eventually become his opponents. He will hide the information as long as he could. (So basically until the gym or until one of them figure it out.)

Kor looked at Adam, and smiled. He nodded as he looked at him, as he picked up his bag. He was really eager to get back on the road. He looked at Chuck, and back at Adam. "Well, I'm all ready to go, and I can hold my stomach for a week." Said Kor, talking to Adam.

Adam looked at Kor. "Lets hope you don't have to." He proceeded to walk ahead of the group. "I'll meet you guys there, You should probably wait for James to get ready so Ill see what I can find.  We should meet at the Pokemon Center in two hours." He said to the others as he walked

Strike made sure all dishes were taken care of before the group left the house and started walking to Route 30. On route 30, Strike was holding Zoda while walking. Strike noticed a house up ahead near some trees. "Hmm, maybe we should check that out, Zoda? That tree next to it looks a special apricorn tree." Strike said as they started to walk to the door.

"I don't think he's much of a group person." Chuck said.  "Well, if we're all ready, let's go."  He lead the way back to Route 29, and on the way to Cherrygrove City.

Kor nodded, and followed Chuck. He looked up at the sky, looking at the clouds with a smile on his face. He looked around at the surroundings as he walked, taking in what he's seeing. He was excited to be moving on to Cherry Grove City. He was feeling excited to got o other places as well.

Once Tei had woken up, he left the house once more. Only this time, it would take a long time till he could return.

The strength to pursuit a dream. That's what he was going to aim for.

If he could become strong then maybe he could find a goal to follow. For now, he was determined to get all the badges and get to the Pokemon League.

"Ready Quill?" Tei asked his Pokemon which replied with an excited cry. "Then let's get going."

Both started heading towards Route 30 until they encountered a Youngster who wanted to fight.

"I challenge you to a fight!" He said while pointing at Tei. "Go Rattata!"

"Rattata Vs Rattata it is!" Tei pulled out the Pokeball of the first Pokemon he caught and sent it out to fight. "Alright Remy! Use Tackle!"

Tei expected his Pokemon to carry out the attack but the Pokemon looked away instead. "Hey! Listen to me when I'm talking!" Tei shouted.

"Rattata use Tackle!" The youngster commanded and his Pokemon obeyed by hitting Tei's Rattata.

"Oh no. C'mon Remy. Use Quick Attack!" Tei pleaded but instead of carrying out the attack, Remy, stood still without a care in the world which resulted in getting hit again by the Youngster's Rattata.

Remy ended up fainting and Tei withdrew him back to his Pokeball.

"I've decided." The Youngster said once the match was over. "I want that Rattata!"

"Are you stupid?" Tei eyed him suspiciously. Why would anyone anyone want such a disobedient Pokemon?

"No. I must have that Pokemon. I'm a Rattata fanatic and training one with that kind of personality will be a great challenge. If I manage to train it then I will become stronger!" The youngster explained.

"Become stronger..." Tei gave some thought into those words. "Sorry, but I can't give him to you."

"WHAAH? Why?" He asked in disappointment.

"I want to get stronger too. If this is one way to becoming strong then I refuse to give him away." Tei announced and held Remy's pokeball tightly.

"Oh, C'mon! I can trade you my Hoothoot! Traded Pokemon may not listen to you if you don't have enough badges, so if we trade then you will still have to get stronger. Only you will have to train a Hoothoot instead of a Rattata." The youngster said.

"A Hoothoot huh?" Tei took a few moments to think about it. He needed a flying type. And Hoothoot had Normal typing as well so trading Remy wouldn't be much of a loss. "Okay. Let's trade!"

"Take care of Hoo for me." The youngster said the moment Tei and him traded their pokemon.

"Don't worry. I will." Tei assured him. "What's your name anyway? Mine is Tei."

"I'm Joey. I'm sure your Rattata will turn out to be top percentage. Wanna exchange PokeGear numbers so I can keep you notified on his progress?" He said.

"Umm...Sure." Tei pulled the PokeGear out of his pocket and recorded Joey as a contact.

"Let's talk again soon!" Joey said and then they both waved goodbye at each other. Tei going on ahead.

A few steps later, Tei's PokeGear started ringing and he picked up.

"Hey Tei! Have I told you how super cool the Rattata you gave me is? It's like this Rattata is different from regular Rattata! It's like this Rattata is at the top percentage of Rat-"

Tei quickly hang up before Joey could finish his sentence and then instantly blocked and deleted his contact.

Alexis nodded. "Yeah.... Ive heard that they are used to make pokeballs. It might be worth our while to pick a few. Maybe we should go ask the owner."

Adam eventually arrived in Cherry Grove City and went straight to the pokemon center. Upon arrival he walked up to the front desk

"Welcome to the Pokemon Center, how may I help you?" asked the woman behind the desk.

Adam quietly placed the 3 poke balls on the counter. "I would like to have my pokemon healed, please." he said quietly.

"Certainly, It will only take a moment." replied the nurse as she took the poke balls and placed them in the machine. A few minutes past before she returned to the desk and placed the poke balls on the counter in-front of Adam. "Here you are. I hope you have a nice day"

Adam only nodded as he placed the poke balls on his belt and left. He went into the pokemart where he bought some potions and antidotes. He also found some pokemon food but decided against it after reading the ingredients. "Only the best of natural foods for my pokemon." He muttered before leaving. He walked around the city and found a grocery store (because I assume we aren't following the games layout of things, are we?). At the store he bought some dried meat, Water, and some seasonings as well as a few berries for the road. "Natures Sugars....." He smiled as he looked at the berries he bought. It was later in the day before he returned to the pokemon center.

Edited by Unto The abyss

Once they reached Cherrygrove City, Chuck headed straight for the Pokémon Center to heal up his Pokémon.  As he waited for them to be healed, he saw Adam approaching.  "Hey Adam, get everything you need?" he asked, looking at the bags he carried.