Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Kingdom Hearts 2 introduced Nobodies. Shells created from the most strongest of hearts. Every nobody has a heartless and longs to have a heart to feel re-complete again (in which their heart is contained by a heartless).

That all changed when Kingdom Hearts 3D attacked! Xemnas stated that "Nobodies eventually grow a heart of their own over time!". So, in technicality, the definition of a nobody has changed slightly.

So, I need clarification, what exactly is a nobody supposed to be post Kingdom Hearts 3D?

Nobodies are formed when a person becomes a Heartless.Nobodies do not exist and do not have hearts of their own, except that they do exist- not Xion though, not until KH3 anyways- they can also grow hearts and probably did too.In short there is no proper definition of a Nobody at this point since everything before KHDDD and everything after it completely contradict one another

Edited by Col.Random

Nobodies are created when a Heartless is created beforehand. When a heart of a being leaves the body and transforms into a Heartless, the body that the heart leaves behind fades away and is eventually reborn in an in-between world. The body takes the same shape if its respective being that turned into a Heartless was strong-hearted. In time, the Nobody eventually grows its own heart with the help of memories.

I do not complain at all for this reveal in DDD (or retcon if you want to call it that cause I don't think it is) cause it makes sense since we've seen Nobodies who clearly showed emotion, like Demyx, and its a much better explanation than "they only pretend to have hearts". In fact, I completely support this and none of you can change my mind on it.

Edited by Master Eraqus

Nobodies are created when a Heartless is created beforehand. When a heart of a being leaves the body and transforms into a Heartless, the body that the heart leaves behind fades away and is eventually reborn in an in-between world. The body takes the same shape if its respective being that turned into a Heartless was strong-hearted. In time, the Nobody eventually grows its own heart with the help of memories. On a side note, I do not complain at all for this reveal in DDD (or retcon if you want to call it that cause I don't think it is) cause it makes sense since we've seen Nobodies who clearly showed emotion, like Demyx, and its a much better explanation than "they only pretend to have hearts". In fact, I completely support this and none of you can change my mind on it.

Demyx called it.

The definition is still the same. The body and soul that is leftover after ones heart falls to darkness and forms a heartless. The only difference is they can can possibly grow a new heart under proper conditions. ( It's not a guarantee ) Some will grow new hearts and some won't..This has actually been hinted at throughout the series so I don't have an issue with it.

A Nobody is a being that came into this world without a heart.  They are usually formed when a person with a strong will losses their heart.  Nobodies can grow their own hearts, but they were created without one.

Aah, I see. So essentially, Nobodies are puppets that grow a substitute heart over time?

Nobodies are empty shells who produce a burgeoning replacement of a heart. It is not a true heart; merely a placeholder just like these dates for KH3 that we see on websites like Amazon. They are there until the true date is revealed.