Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Yu Narukami

"VS MODE" Competitive Kingdom Hearts III?

I'm sure a lot of us have been involved in some sort of competitive gaming community before. 

Now, we've seen VS mode in Birth By Sleep.  With the announcement of possible multiple playable characters in KH3, what do you think about square implementing the same sort of mode within the game??  Since KH3 will be released on both major gaming platforms (PS4, XBOX ONE) , this could be a great selling point for those of us who love testing our skills against each other.  

Why or why not do you think this would be a good idea?? let me know.

It would make sense if they did that, considering how both consoles are emphasizing social media connectivity and community based gaming experiences. And if nothing else people have been craving an online experience at least like BbS on a console KH game for a while now, so I would be surprised if they didn't do that.

Nah, I don't see that happening. Kingdom Hearts is usually a single player game. The only time multiplayer is allowed when the game is on handheld. Most KH handheld games that had multiplayer weren't that good.

Edited by ラッキー

If Square manages to make a multiplayer mode for Kingdom Hearts III that clicks into place and fits in nicely, then hell, I'll be sure to play it!  It could be an improved version of the Mirage Arena, and it could yield many different kinds of vs or co-op activities!

That being said though, for the sake of fair play, all skills used in this multiplayer mode should be evenly leveled, so that way, the matches don't feel too short, whle providing a unique thrill to vs mode!  Scale down the overpoweredness of powerful moves for the vs mode, and voila, you've got a golden multiplayer KH experience! :3

That said, the multiplayer should be set apart, so that it doesn't interfere with the main story, ya know? :3

they should focus all their efforts into the single player than a tacked on multiplayer. i hate when developers think adding a multiplayer mode to their game will ensure replay value. i remember a time when a game having an engaging story or fun gameplay was enough to warrant a replay. 

that little vent of mine aside, i can't even begin to fathom how they'd produce a balanced competitive mode with KH3's combat mechanics

ID say as long as it isnt a broken mess like BBS was then im all for some kind of multiplayer mode... TBH id love a co-op mode during the storyline... Thats all im asking for ;__; Im not too into kicking anyone elses ass in KH, thats what the Dissidia FF games are for :P